Main Menu

THIS COULD EASILY BECOME 1 OF THE BEST BEASTLORD SIGHTS ON THE PLANET. IF....

Started by Barmace, January 13, 2012, 09:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmace

I signed up and it took about 3 days for my username and password to go through.  You are supposed to get an email saying you can sign in now but it never came :(.  I checked everyday and kept hitting resend my email verification.  I never got it.  I say for a while let everyone and anyone who sign up automatically register or make it so that you do get an email saying you are all set.

Inphared

Khauruk

It's a problem that Jaeren, the owner, knows about.  Basically, Google won't send mail from this site for some reason or another.  I thought he had it fixed, but I PMed this thread to him again.  I suppose I should email him directly though, since PMing it won't trigger the email it should :P
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Jaeren

Considering this site gets hundreds of spam bots trying to register per day, there's zero chance of me allowing every account instant access.

Some people are marking the forum account as spam and getting the account locked through gmail. It's annoying to me far more as it involves more work. I'll be sorting out the issue at some point but haven't had the energy required to configure an email server (and get it happy with various providers aka gmail, hotmail, aol, etc) for the domain again so I can bypass gmail.

I broke my ankle in the summer and haven't been able to get back to full strength yet so I'm pretty beat most nights after the crazy antics of my job are over so fiddling with server stuff is usually pretty low on my list and I haven't gotten to it yet. I will soon though.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Oh, and to add, yes, the site is getting probably 200 account registrations per day now that are being blocked by some software that Jaeren added.  Every couple days I go through the ones that are binned as not likely spam and look for 'real' sounding usernames.  I'm glad that I got yours, Barmace, and a few others that have come around.  Even with that, it's a matter of guesswork, and it doesn't send emails out.
TURNCOAT!!!!!