Main Menu

Test Update 2/28

Started by Khauruk, February 29, 2012, 02:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Lots of stuff there, you should check it out - this is what's coming next patch.  If you use a custom UI in particular you should take a look.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=183612

Of note - pets will no longer ignore slow and snare immunities on mobs.  So sad.  Good thing I don't play the game anymore.....I just glance at the dev threads every few days trying to decide if I want to start again.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

Imo if we're going to have mobs that are immune to slow...then we'd have even more arguement that we need a bigger defensive boost, well...since the taken-for-granted-bsts-are-always-fighting-slowed-mobs is removed?  :-)

Zunar

- Bard - Reduced the Triple Attack Chance and the Flurry Chance added by the Arias, Auras, and Echoes of the Composer and the Orator.

I wonder if this means our Kolos' Fury will be left alone then...after all, it's on a long refresh timer unlike bard aria that is up all the time.
I remember reading something about them looking into Kolos'/Nature's Fury, but I hope this change is what they came up with instead.
Just leave Kolos alone imo

Inphared

Quote from: Zunar on February 29, 2012, 08:22:52 AM
- Bard - Reduced the Triple Attack Chance and the Flurry Chance added by the Arias, Auras, and Echoes of the Composer and the Orator.

I wonder if this means our Kolos' Fury will be left alone then...after all, it's on a long refresh timer unlike bard aria that is up all the time.
I remember reading something about them looking into Kolos'/Nature's Fury, but I hope this change is what they came up with instead.
Just leave Kolos alone imo

You're reading into it too directly. You're correct that bard aura/aria are up all the time, and that the Beastlord Fury lines are short-duration/long-cooldown abilities, but the current problem with code is that with these buffs on, any time you successfully triple attack, you flurry. This provides for a DRAMATIC increase for some classes, who benefit monstrously from flurry damage (such as berserkers/paladins), and the increase is still large for dual wielding classes.

Nerfing the TA/Flurry chance on bard buffs means that the increase is no longer as dramatic. Sure, the bug still exists that any successful TA will make you flurry, but the chances are reduced now.

Fury lines should remain untouched.