Main Menu

Curious on game

Started by Mardag, May 03, 2012, 03:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardag

I havent played for two years and never planned on coming back.  While cleaning my room I found I had 4 unused game cards and didnt want to waste 60 bucks so I am curious.  What is the game like now?  How is the population on Firona Vie, was pretty dead when I left?  How are beastlords now?

Khauruk

Beastlords are doing very well for themselves now, nfc about Firiona.  You can log in though via the Free to Play option to get your bearings - go to EQ's website, download the new launcher and put those files in your old EQ directory (if you have it), or let it download the game again.  Then you just login.  Many things are limited - my ranger sits at 2500AC in f2p, down from 7500, but as I'm just doowopping around talking to guildies, it's no big deal.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mardag

Stuck downloading entire game again as I couldnt get game to patch my old install no matter what I tried.  Had to uninstall and now downloading again, 8hrs into download so far and 5-6 more to go.  I will try my new free to play account once I get home from work, assuming the launcher works this time.

Mardag

Finally got to try it out.  Same awful graphics I remember and a UI I totally hate but the population seems to be pretty good.