Main Menu

Is it time to drop slow from the spell line up?

Started by Zorthaz, December 13, 2012, 04:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

"Mobs in Rain of Fear that con as "easy" no longer reject all slow spells, which will now allow spells with a slowing component to land. However, ninety-nine percent of the slowing component will be mitigated."

How much value are you seeing from casting "slow" in the new expansion?
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Vidyne

Considering a majority of mobs in RoF are not "weak", and slow instantly negates haste effects...   I'm still seeing a ton of value and still keep two loaded at all times.

stubar

For soling I always keep a slow up. It's nice for non damage pulling and can be useful if you get 2-3 adds.

It's definitely dropped on my raid spell line up however and has been for as long as I can remember.

Sharrien

I keep it in my lineup for most raids that are add-heavy so shammies can concentrate on the boss and healing.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Crystilla

(quietly sneaks into the thread)

I believe the 'weak' con mobs that are being referred to are the few mobs sprinkled around which are more melee solo/molo friendly for killing.  Because they are already made easier for melee, they removed the extra ease that a 'slow' adds it looks like.
  Crystilla
EQ RoundTable Member
Devoted Brell Serving Wench
Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Nusa

With an AA slow ability in sight for the next expansion update, the need to spend a spell gem on a slow spell may go away for many of you.

nedoirah

Ranar

Pretty sure you will have ya prayer's answered.... they too close to design lock to make many changes (that are not conflicts)..

also it is a copy paste of rank 2 version..if by chance you have the rank 3. the resist check is higher on rk3. also rk3 is 1% higher slow that lasts a tick longer..

just posting the info incase someone was wondering....