Main Menu

leveling up a new bst.

Started by strongbus, July 06, 2013, 12:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strongbus

ok been a long time.  I at one time had a bst I leveled up to 90 but I did most of the leveling before mercs.  I have started to level a new one back up.  At the moment I am level 63 with bout 100 aa.  At what point should i get rid of the tank merc and go cleric merc.  Or can our heals keep the tank merc up for a while longer?

nedoirah

I've heard but not trusted that you can go to 70 with a tank merc.

It's all a matter of how you play. Personal preferences plays a big part of the game. Go with what you want to do. I bought extra merc slots so I can choose what I need at the time.

Khauruk

With slow, you should be easily able to hit 70 w/ the tank merc, possibly 75 (might be slower at that point than the healer though).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mukty

been so long as well, i did those levels before mercs too. but i will tell you this:

wizzy mercs + pet tank + you pet heal is really durable and decent dps. you can probably take some hard ass mobs like that. i can solo in t4 rof @ lv 96 like that. and i got shit aa and gear.

if you get a cleric merc you sac the wizzy's dps for your beastlords h2h dps. which is greater that's up to you. but if you download gamparse you can kill a few mobs and see what dps your level wizzy merc dose v your h2h dps.

but that is for your 1 on 1 fighting style.

IF! right now you can kill more than 1 mob at a time sustainably with your tank merc then your tank merc is still best option. also parse your h2h dps + tank merc dps and see if that is higher than wizzy merc dps.

as for zones to hit up along the way, "PoFire" seems to be pretty damn popular and people seem to stay there till 70-75 but by 75 i would go to "Ashengate", and you can stay in ashen gate till you at 83 and at 83 you can wessle your way in to a group in "the Grounds" the lvl 90 HZ, say puller LFG and learn to pull with out getting hit and you'll contribute to a group quiet a bit with your slows and buffs and pet dps. you can get groups before that but the grounds is always packed you go there you'll get a group if you try hard enough and you a good puller basically 24/7.

Illiyana

Wow, I've never tried pet tank + Wizard Merc, guess I'll be experimenting :)

Thanks!

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

strongbus

atm i am level 76 using a t5 wizzy merc and healing pet.  It goes fast.  Now am just looking for a place that i can crank out the aa as i want to max out my pet damage/deff aa and my healing aa so that it be easier to level up.