Main Menu

Are you having to summon more warders?

Started by Zorthaz, July 30, 2013, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

I did a mission in the Valley of King Xorbb and I ended up having to summon a new pet every rest period between each wave.  Trash mobs were eating up the pet.  Granted we were using a (100) tank and (100) healer merc with a druid for backup.  I use to have the pet rune and the promised heal memorized and with the AA pet heal, it was enough to keep Skippy up....not any more.   The best pet rune drops almost as fast as I can cast it and 18 seconds is too long to wait for a heal.  I had to go back to having the pet heal memorized along with the pet rune.  It has been a long long time since I had to summon so many warders back to back, or have to pet heal so much.

Now I have to admit I am only using a EM12 pet focus earring and I do set my pet up with the aggressive stance buff.  By the third or fourth pet summon on the mission I switched to defensive stance and even clicked the Epic 2.0 and handed the pet everpiecece of defiant gear I had handy (mainly belt, back, and shoulders from doing the daily tasks from PoK).  I had to resort to loading our level 96 pet heal to help keep him up.  In most cases it just delayed the pet's death.

What's your experience?
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

*If* the pet were to take the back slot and wear it (I doubt it does), you would actually be very significantly gimping the pet.  They come summoned with that slot filled, and all the mod2s they get are on that cloak.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Does the mod2 back have any AC?  The AC on the item determines which one the pet would use (higher AC).

-Z-

Khauruk

As I recall it does.  There are pictures of them at eqmagetower.com iirc.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

No AC on the summoned back slot item with mod2s.  Now I know how to mess with Mag pets.  Hand the pet a cloack with 1 AC and poof all the pets mod2s are gone ;-)