Main Menu

Couple of things...

Started by Zorthaz, August 02, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

I have been asked by several people about aggro as a beastlord.  I basically use the same spell set whether I am tanking or just DPS.  What changes is the order in which I use the spells.

TANKING:
If I am pulling non summoners I start with Frozen Carbomate Rk. II.  If the mob summons I pull with slow. I then run through my spells in this order/priority:

Frozen Carbomate Rk. II (And every time it is up)
Poantaar's Bite Rk. II
Kromrif Lance Rk. II
Nak's Maelstrom Rk. II
Kesar's Feralgia Rk. II / Yell at the Moon Rk. II

If I have to hold aggro over high DPS group member I sometimes use the poison aggro proc potions.  If I am still having problems holding aggro, I switch out to a cultural HTH weapon that procs root and really snuggle up to the mob.  I ask DPS to move to max melee range.

DPS (not tanking)
Kesar's Feralgia Rk. II / Yell at the Moon Rk. II
Nak's Maelstrom Rk. II (And every time it is up)
Kromrif Lance Rk. II
Poantaar's Bite Rk. II
Frozen Carbomate Rk. II

Just a tip if you didn't know already.  There are the daily tasks that are available in PoK.  If you do one task you are on an 18 hour lock out from requesting another task.  BUT, you can request as many tasks as you want the first time.  To get my Bard some exp I have him request the 85, 90, and alternate (90) tasks.  The tasks as basically kill 5 mobs in the HoT zone of that level.  Doing all three tasks results in 32-33% of a level at 89.
BTW my Bard dinged 90 last night ;-)
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Zorthaz

Bard dinged 91 last night and doing the three daily tasks 85, 90 and "alternate" 90 was worth 23% of level at level 90.
-Z-

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Currently at 91 my Bard gets around 4% for the 85 daily task and 8-9% for the level 90 daily task and the "alternate" level 90 task.  The numbers vary a little bit just due to my sloppy approach to killing in the Old Bloodfields (85) and the Grounds (Alternate 90).  In those two zones I often resort to mass killing as opposed to artful pulling.  The kill counts go up and slightly skew the numbers.  I doubt it ends up taking more then 15 mobs to get the 5 I need for the task. It is all exp in the end ;-)

-Z-

Zorthaz

Thought I would update this thread.  My Bard is now 98 and he gets 2% exp for doing the 85 daily task and he gets 5% each for the 90 and alternate tasks.  He then runs LotD while we run through a T4 task and he gets another 8-9% depending on kill counts.  That adds up to 20-21% per night at 98.

-Z-