Main Menu

heroic str or dex

Started by Kurishta, February 26, 2015, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurishta

A lot of Aug choice offer either of the two titular choices.  Which is better for beasts?  I generally try to stay balanced but I'm honestly not sure the effects of heroic dex. Str raises atk and hit range iirc but dex?

Anyone have a strong opinion which to focus on?

Greyowl

I go the

AC + Hdex route. Hdex shows about the same (minor) +dps effects as Hstr. does, but you gain some defense.
I look for +Spelldmg as well, as about 40% of our dps comes from nukes these days.

All in all just keep in mind, augs are highly overrated with all those inflated numbers we have.

Zorthaz

I agree with Greyowl and go for Hdex.  I often times play tank or backup tank for my fellowship.  Going 100% Hdex doesn't mean you are suddenly going to be able to tank TDS named, but it does help on trash mobs.
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

Spell damage, Dex, AC, and Agi are all tops for BST.  STR is entirely lame and pretty much pointless for BST.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kurishta

Obviously if you're going to tank agi and ac would be best but the initial question was posed because the heroic Augs all offer a choice of identical ac hp and management with either 3 str or 3 dex heroic stat.

I almost always roll with a  pally or war in group so tanking isn't a primary concern for me so muchc as maxing dps.

Greyowl

Heroic augs -> +Hdex (if you ask me), cause heroic Dex boosts riposte and block (we dont have parry) as well as proc rates. So, it will boost your defensive some and you gain about as much dps as you would with +Hstr.
(Several peops reported parsing all Hdex vs all Hstr sets didnt show any dps difference).

It is, in the end, a non issue tho. I went all Hdex and am at 1420 something raidbuffed, while i am around 1350Hstr without any Hstr. aug.

Khauruk

>(Several peops reported parsing all Hdex vs all Hstr sets didnt show any dps difference).

We can calculate exact dps gain from hdex or hstr.  X points of the stat add 1 damage to each swing.  Beastlords swing on average Y times per minute, so Y*(stat/X) = dps gain.

The dps is of course miniscule and entirely negligible.
TURNCOAT!!!!!