Main Menu

Time Phase 1

Started by Zagumm, September 13, 2004, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zagumm

Do people generally use normal balanced groups for the phase 1 trials, or do some of them really require skewed setups  (e.g. 5 chanters)  ?

Tardar

Depends on what you got, but why would you need 5 chanters in one trial.  We were short on tanks last night, I was the MA in Earth and Air, so you just have to make do with what you got.  The trial make up does need to have key classes, but there are ways around shortages, you just have to be creative.

Liga

Make sure you have a wiz to TL the trials out who are doing more than one.  The guilds Ive done Time with usually left Earth by itself and had Air/Undead and Fire/Water.  Having an ench in the 3 trials helps though.  Should someone die, you can get them rebuffed with crack and haste.  Yes, sham can do haste, but its not the same :p.

Shrouded

The only one that I can think of is that it's more beneficial to toss pallies in the undead force, otherwise just balance it out.  We usually have 18 do air/fire, 18 do earth/water, and 18 do undead.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Ttony

Quote from: ShroudedThe only one that I can think of is that it's more beneficial to toss pallies in the undead force, otherwise just balance it out.  We usually have 18 do air/fire, 18 do earth/water, and 18 do undead.

Heh when we did Time we had a similiar strat. We had 18 do air/undead (load a lot of Pallies in this one for SU) 18 do fire/water and 18 do Earth. Earth mobs seemed to have a lot more HPs than the others so unless you loaded DPS in those groups would invariably take longer.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Zend

We do 18 fire/water, 18 undead/air, whatever we have for earth.  I have done earth with as little as 11 people.  Mostly balanced groups with any extra pallies in undead/air team.
Hierophant Zendernor <Forlorn> Natureguard
Venerable Zenderous <Forlorn> Feral Lord

Tardar

What do you all think is the hardest one?  We do 18 on Water/Undead, 18 on Earth and Air, 18 in Fire.

Liga

I always hated doing Water because our nukes were voided there.  But for hardest?... I think would be (imho)
Fire
Water
Air
Undead
Earth

But thats just my general opinion.  I say Earth last because we always had the extra people in Earth and they didnt have to move quickly because it was their only area.