Main Menu

What new Tunic?

Started by Maylian, November 17, 2004, 05:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Hi there, I'm just wondering what BP to go for since this is currently my most needed item. My guild has just got into Time and we managed to clear it all in our first run, took 3 days but was great fun!

Anyways I was wanting some advice on BP's since I'm not sure on the commonality of the BP's themselves. We did have a Timeless Leather Tunic Pattern drop in phase 5 which was nice but I don't know if they drop like candy or not, or whether I should go for Uqua BP, which is almost identical.

If anyone could give me a clue as to which is the most common I'd be most grateful. So far my guild has only made 1 run into Uqua and it was pretty painful, but with Time being as easy as it is we should be clearing there fairly soon.

Thanks in advance, Maylian.

Katonca

My guild has been in time for 9-10 months, as you gear up you (given time) will eventually be able to clear it in 6+ hours.

The Leather time BP is not very common.  We might have 8 or so.  And the DKP price (which we use) in never very cheap.

You will do time more than Uqua, most guilds do uqua as little as possible, to move immediately to Qvic for the gravy armor drops (minus bp and legs).

I have been living in my FR BP for a while....but then again Im cheap and wont spend HUGE Dkp for a bp...(huge to me is 40-80 hours of raiding).

Hopin for a Rift bp...but we shall see.
Katonca
Feral Lord
Brell
KatzCrap

Evandar

May vary from guild to guild, but as Katonca said, you will probably do Time way more then Uqua. And the BP is not to uncommon in Time. Err, atleast wasn't for us :)
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Dummkopf

Rarity of items in time varies a lot, i saw about 3 leather bp pattern drop in one year farming time and about 4 shinai (the first dropped after 8 months). So, if its common for you go for it, if not, well, fro bp isnt bad still ;)

Maylian

Unfortunately Fro BP was extremely rare for us, about 15 kills and we only had 2 BP's although about 9 Ifrirs. Hence I'm still wearing a damn LDoN BP. This is why I need to upgrade ASAP, although I'm doing the quest for tier 1 OoW Bp just as a stop gap till I can get a good one.

Gremkin

BP off Velketorin in WoS isn't half bad.  Can't recall the name of it atm tho and at work so I can't check Alla's.  It's not quite FRo, but I replaced my LDoN tunic with it.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Bengali

Leather BP wasn't terribly rare for us -- we may have almost had them rot a couple of times, actually.  I personally never put in a claim for one because I don't like it.  I'm tired of having a cold focus effect on every other item when there's like 5 other focus effects that I basically have to win the lottery to get.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"