Main Menu

A couple of questions

Started by Morrolann, May 23, 2005, 08:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrolann

All I have left to do in the epic is the final battle. 
t
First question, if I fail the final battle, can I just turn in the claws again to Dumul to get seal?  If read things right, failure in the final battle does not force you to repeat the entire epic, right?

Second, I've been duoing the epic with 68 necro main and a friend's 65 cleric.  Are these 2 enough for the final battle?  I know someone else posted they did the final battle with a 67 necro and a mid 50s shaman and said it was touch and go until a slow was landed.  Since I don't have a slow, I'm wondering if the better heals will make up for the lack of slow.

Morrollan
51 Iksar Beastlord
Torvonnilous -> Fennin Ro

Oneiromancer

Yes, I am 99% sure you can repeat the final battle any time, because when you give the claws to Dumul you get them back (along with whatever else you get), so nothing gets eaten.

I think you won't have a problem at all on the final battle, especially with the cleric.  I believe the only real issue is that the iksar is immune to all melee damage except for your claws.  So if you set your pet on his pet, they should be able to take care of each other with only a heal or two.  I'm pretty sure that nukes and DoTs from other classes will still work on the iksar, so the necro could be a lot of help.  If not, the healing from the cleric should be more than enough to counteract this guy.  The most important thing is to SNARE the sucker, he runs below 30% or so, and he goes fast, and could aggro the whole zone on you if you're unlucky.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Morrolann

Thanks for the info.  I was planning on using mage pet toys.  From what I've read, their procs will land. 

As far as running goes, a post that I previously went with a strategy of dispelling SoW and pulling to the Twilight Sea zone line (while invis).  I figure once there, I would try to land snare (if he's not immune to run-speed changes), and would lifeburn when he gets low.  Cleric also has stuns to hopefully contain a runner.

Since it looks like failure isn't a complete disaster requiring a repeat of the whole epic, I will just give it a try when I have time.

Taurjan

I just finished this fight with my 65 bst, 65 cleric and 70 ranger.
By the time I got to his spawn point, the ranger had killed the pet, and was killing Draz.

The ranger could never land a snare on him, but he didnt run until under 10% health and didnt get very far before he was dead.

It also took about 5 casts of slow for it to land, all dots landed fine and cold damage landed most of the time.

Morrolann

Final battle wasn't too difficult.  I pulled Draz back to TS, which is where my cleric was.  I cast dispell on Draz though it didnt seem to remove his SoW.  He is immune to run-speed changes so snare didnt land. This was a pain because I didn't nuke him down soon enough so he ran.  Pathing was weird so he disappeared for a while with my pet in pursuit.  I invis'd and went searching for him.  I find him in the tunnel nearing the big lake.  I proceeded to nuke and chase, finally killing him at the SE corner of the lake.  Had a mutant add but I made short work of him.

My beastie is now the proud owner of his epic.

Morrolann
51 Iksar Beastlord, Fennin Ro

Nekokirei

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm