Main Menu

Cleric Soloability and the Final Fight

Started by Ikive, July 26, 2005, 04:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikive

Hi there.

I'm a 70 Cleric (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1132610) and I've managed to solo all of the beastlord epic up to the last part without any close calls what-so-ever. The only trouble I had was with the gator in the swamp of no hope, mostly because my procs don't work underwater. In any case, I just figured other people would like to know that a cleric can solo the epic, since I saw a lot of people asking in other places if a high lvl cleric + a bst in their 60's could do it.

I'm up to the last fight with Draz, just waiting on the scout to spawn. I was wondering if I could get people's opinions on if I could solo the last fight. I have stuns to stop him from running when he gets low, since that seems to have been a problem, and almost all my damage is spell based, so his invunerability isn't really much of a problem either. On the epic walkthrough, though, it says his magic resistance is high, and I was wondering how high this was: if it's really high then I can't dmg him at all, since everything including my weapon proc is magic based.

I'd love to have anyone's advice or opinion, or if anyone wants to know about soloing the epic with a cleric, I'm your guy. Thanks!

Lynke

Is that a same account cleric or are you 2 boxing?

rdahl

He is very MR, he's susceptible to poison and disease based spells.  Also, his movement can't be altered (no snare, no root) and he runs at sow speed unless his pet is in agro range.  Might be a bit tough.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Ikive

Quote from: Lynke on July 26, 2005, 02:08:14 PM
Is that a same account cleric or are you 2 boxing?

It's a different account, but the beastlord is level 52 and I just mostly try and make sure they don't get aggro.

Quote from: rdahl on July 26, 2005, 05:51:20 PM
He is very MR

That sucks. Do you happen to know how MR? Like, for example, as MR as the last Draz image I fought in TD? Hardly anything would land on that little bugger.

Thanks for all the help!

Lynke

I just completed the final fight last night with my level 70 necro.

The final Draz is kinda resistant, but not too bad.  He resisted maybe 4 or 5 spells, but all types landed on him (magic, fire, poison).

The thing I was surprised about was that he seemed to have a lot more hps than any of the previous fights.  A lot more.

I ran OOM because I burned him down too fast.  I figured he was just like the others.  When he turned to run (at around 6%?) he ran FAST.  He made it all the way to the Tarmok camp before the dots and my pet finished him off.

It would be curious to see if a cleric can do enough damage to him before going oom.

Ikive

Quote from: Lynke on July 28, 2005, 01:02:22 PM
I just completed the final fight last night with my level 70 necro.

The final Draz is kinda resistant, but not too bad.  He resisted maybe 4 or 5 spells, but all types landed on him (magic, fire, poison).

The thing I was surprised about was that he seemed to have a lot more hps than any of the previous fights.  A lot more.

I ran OOM because I burned him down too fast.  I figured he was just like the others.  When he turned to run (at around 6%?) he ran FAST.  He made it all the way to the Tarmok camp before the dots and my pet finished him off.

It would be curious to see if a cleric can do enough damage to him before going oom.

Thanks for all the information! I gave him a try tonight. My DD was resisted about 40% of the time, but my oow proc, weapon proc and reverse ds's landed for full damage. I was expecting a much harder fight than I had, and at least as a cleric he was really easy. When he got low he ran, but it was pretty slow. I finished the fight full hp / full mana.

Draz is worse than the spirits, but if you can solo them without much sweat, Draz will also be no problem.