Main Menu

Burn dps in raids

Started by Latang, January 26, 2009, 01:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhaug

what do highend beastlords for dps these days in raids?
just wondering what is our maximum dps now under favorable circumstances.

can they hit 7 8k or 9k or go over 10k? not sure whats possible these days.

seems some classes easy break 10k? or even 15k?

with my 40 18 and 42 18 weapon i barely get over 4k dps.

i did combine the nukes and yowl on the end key, spamming that for chain casting.
will combine the feral and foray and kick also this week.

and lately i also try to use 2 poison dots and disease instant dots this seems to bring a bit extra dps.
dont use glyphs atm. 5k seems possible in the near future tough.

i can get some rk3 spells and maybe some new weapons soon.
and the sod hard raids wrist and hand.

we will continue on mmm progress when the summerbreak is over.

just wondering what is possible to achieve as raid dps as beastlord

Maylian

Personally using Korafax raid weapons I can top out at 10k, 9k sometimes on pure burn short duration fights, without using glyph or intensity. On long duration fights 6-7k is roughly where I sit. This is normally in a group with shaman, ranger and rogue, I don't get mana reiterate unfortunately so could top out higher if I did.

Top DPS wise we have wizards and necro's sitting around the 17-20k mark, normally with enc's and sometimes a bard since we're trying to work out where bards are most benefit. Normally have rogues and zerkers following in my guild at around the 15k mark and monks somewhere about 12k + if they are paying attention.

With spell linking my spell set up is SoD cold nuke, Bite, SoF cold nuke, Howl, SoD poison dot, SoF poison dot, SoD disease DoT, Growl and Fero and a heal. Possibly not as agressive as it could be but I do ok, hopefully with getting my tower weapons whenever they drop I can see another small increase.

jitathab

So your best dps is 50% of the top dps classes, where do your mages and rangers rank? The two classes we are often compared with.

Maylian

We have two maybe 3 rangers who are always below me, more than likely because they slack, one of them is generally the raid MA. Mages top are between 8-11k I guess from looking at our old parse posts.

kharthai

How long are your short duration burns, Maylian?  100 secs, 2-3 min?

Kanan

I felt good a week or two ago, actually topping the parse (and not just on my comp) on Rallos from Rallos returns with only a bard for dps multiplier in the group at 7700 dps, with cryst weaps.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Maylian

Quote from: kharthai on August 06, 2009, 02:51:43 PM
How long are your short duration burns, Maylian?  100 secs, 2-3 min?

Approx. 1 - 2 minutes

Inphared

That was a parse from Queen Malarian (a long time ago). I didn't have near the heroic stats or weapons I do now, so there's obviously room for improvement.

trixbro

Your max hit in that parse is 16480. UMMM what did that?

Inphared

Probably a Bite or Feral Swipe, either is applicable.

Edit: it was a Bite

Mazame

Spell wise I am using the same spells.

Gear wise I am lacking. I just return about one year ago so I had to get regeared and level before I started raiding. I am just now breaking into the raid gear and I missing a few key items. Gloves , Bracer , Arms , Legs. all of these I can see Adding alot to my dps.  currently I am hitting around 3-4k on raids.  With you hitting double that I am taken back to tell you the truth is Raid Gear that much better over group gear? 

AA wise I know I still about 1k from getting all of the ones I need. but still this could be part of my lower DPS as well. 

Have we become that depend on AA and Gear that with out them we suffer a 50% loss to our class?

Inphared

The very first thing to remember is that your DPS is directly based off of how long the fight is. Longer the fight, the harder it is to keep the DPS figure over 6 or 7 thousand. The parse I posted was 107 seconds, and I believe by that point I had both arms and legs maxed out along with hands and bracers.

Group setup, as mentioned in the second post in this thread, also plays a vital part in hitting the high numbers.

wildwaters

Quote from: Mazame on August 08, 2009, 06:15:54 PM
Spell wise I am using the same spells.

Gear wise I am lacking. I just return about one year ago so I had to get regeared and level before I started raiding. I am just now breaking into the raid gear and I missing a few key items. Gloves , Bracer , Arms , Legs. all of these I can see Adding alot to my dps.  currently I am hitting around 3-4k on raids.  With you hitting double that I am taken back to tell you the truth is Raid Gear that much better over group gear? 

AA wise I know I still about 1k from getting all of the ones I need. but still this could be part of my lower DPS as well. 

Have we become that depend on AA and Gear that with out them we suffer a 50% loss to our class?

There is also a big difference between you and inphared in aa's. He's probably burning 7th and glyphs in addition to having all dps aa's maxed to get those sorts of numbers.

But yeah the difference between raid and group gear is big. Plus with out a good h2h (that pet fist really fails on discs during burns) you are losing alot of dps.

So it's kind of a cumulative thing that will just take some time to fix as you build up the beast >.<

Inphared

While this thread is good for both short burns, it's also applicable to long term duration DPS as well. I knew I had one somewhere, but I couldn't find it until recently for whatever reason.

285 seconds = 4mins45sec.

(I won this parse by a fairly large margin)

Khauruk

Do you guys always have Circle of Power running, Inph?
TURNCOAT!!!!!