Main Menu

Aura???

Started by Keonos, July 11, 2006, 02:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keonos

So what ever happend to the Aura of Ferocity that we where suppose to get?

Otuol

3 simple words.  It didn't happen.  :-(

dainfrol

Nobody ever said it was a fact that we were supposed to get it.  The devs were very cryptic by saying that (if I remember correctly) "all classes will have an aura that they can use."  They did not say all classes will get an aura to cast.  Sombody stated that the Aura of Ferocity may end up being a zone aura or something similar.  I think that will be the case, we will have to wait untill sombody sees that aura in game to find out what it comes from.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Sariss Bloodscale

Hasn't PoR been beaten by several guilds now though?  I think if we were going to find it, it'd be found by now.

Shamno

Nah they were correct that we all have acces to auras we can us. Cryptic or not they did follow through.....we just didn't get one as direct spell utlity.

Now to be fair though, with the new expansion announced talking about more traps and auras becoming available, we might get one next expansion. *shrug*

Rhoam

OR...we might continue to have "access" to an aura =P. Still makes me mad, lol. I know it is accurate but it was a misleading statement. I suppose, by the same token,  it would have been fair for them to say all classes have access to new spells, not give beastlords any new spells and tell us we can be buffed by other classes with the new spells and therefore have access to them =P. Just makes me angry.

Kanan

I agree with you Rhoam.   It was honestly quite a bit deceitful on his part.  The only other auras that I've found are very short term clickies.  Not a spell as that statement had led people to believe.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

bham

Personally, in the time since the hard to resist slow came out, I think beastlords have gotten the best lot of spells/discs of any class.
(My memory is bad for spell names)

Shas Thingamy: 65% with a -30 resist check! On a seperate timer to our other slow so we can chain them. Reduced duration is a small price to pay.
Spirit of the Leopard: 1500 exra hp, 150hp regen, 20% extra damage for us and warder. Awesome! Any melee class would love this.
The werewolf pet: Massive DPS upgrade, and looks kewl to boot!
The self/warder DPS disc: Useful and appropriate.
Rake: Doesnt scale, but adds about 25 DPS to any beastlord virtually for free. Was any other PoR spell / aura / disc this great?
Spirit of Orosha: Gives us a new fire proc for warder, allows warder to stun up to level 72, inproves warder DPS and survivability. Superb!

Our Omens spells were very ordinary, as were most classes. Since then I think we have gotten consistently good spells / discs.

Most of the auras are worthless, many are bugged, you arent missing anything....
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Rhoam

I agree with you Bham on the auras. What I didnt care for was the misleading comment about our access to auras at a time when the expansion was being promoted. It was just short of false advertizing, and I say just short because the statement was factually accurate but misleading at the same time, at least to those of us looking forward to the great new auras in the expansion at that time. The quality of the auras is not in dispute, the level of integrity on the part of an SOE spokesperson is in question here.

Sikkem

But Sony misleading like that isnt new.. The Kunark expansion book stated that once your dex had hit 255 and channeling was maxxed you would be able to cast some spells on the run.  My Necro has maxxed channeling ages ago and dex over 255 now and still has never cast any spell on the run.

Sony are like politicians.. you dont believe anything they say till you have had it for 2 years  :evil:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Kanan

/chuckle.. ya know.. i was bored & looked at allak for Deathknell loot.  Interesting classes on the only 2 aura clickies in top 10/15 loots for ac & then hps (default sorting criteria it has when I'm lookin)

Symbol of Mezzoforte

Symbol of Vivace

Didn't all of those classes not get an aura otherwise?  Guess that was the dev's excuse for his comment.  They don't get a spell, but they're only classes that get to use a particular item with this certain effect upon it.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar