Main Menu

Send My Thanks to SONY

Started by Gnarlena, July 21, 2004, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarlena

I don't know if I am a silent majority or just a quiet casual beastlord, but the recent changes brought about in EQ have really made it more fun to play.  It is nice to have SONY listen to what we need, think about it in relation to all other classes, and implement some significant changes and fixes.  

I read most of the offerings on these boards and too often find it is more in vogue to flame the developers and people who are trying to get us what we need.  Others complain and threaten to quit.  That doesn't seem terribly productive or useful.  I would rather give kudos when they are deserved...like now.

Others feel free to add an aye, or send a flame my way if you feel it deserved.
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Dummerin

I just came back after over a year away due to the changes they have been making.  I have to say I do enjoy it more now.

THey still make some of the same mistakes, but I do appreciate the effor they are putting forth to make things better.

Zurash Kittenclaws

I also believe they have made some nice changes lately. Of all the MMOs out there atm, including the ones coming out soon, I feel that EQ is still well ahead of anything else I've seen in terms of replay value and fun. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

JillieMT

Yay, nice to see other people like me who can appreciate when SOE actually comes through for us! The satisfied people are always the quietest... :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tardar

I definately agree, some of the changes they have made recently have really enhanced my game play, and have made life easier and more enjoyable.  Now hopefully they learn from this little experiment and test OOW thoroughly before releasing it.

chizy2

After 5 years of playing this game, it is great to see pets zoneing with us.  That makes grouping or soloing even better ( just get ya pet a temp :P ).

At lvl 31 with temp on me and my pet, we can chew thru some yellows and a few reds as well.. just a little downtime, unless you have a healer with you.  now if I can get my mana to stay up like that.. I would have it made.

ChizKitty
lvl 31 bst
Torv Server ( Hell Awaits )

Taurius

I was actually kinda getting burned out on EQ.  I had leveled a Cleric, a Necro, a Rogue, and a SK to fairly high levels.  I'd also leveld many other chars up to their 30's or 40's, then got bored and deleted them.

On a whim I thought, we'll let me try out this Beastlord thing.  I wasn't very hopeful cause I had played both a Monk and a Shaman to mid 30's and neither class really did much for me.  But, since I hadn't tried one I figured what the heck!  Ever since reaching level 9 I haven't looked back.  I absolutely love this class.  IMHO the Beastlord is a perfect balance between caster, melee, and pet class.  I hear so much whining from other classes that Beasts are over powered, but I don't think that's true at all.  I think we're balanced.  And balanced fairly well.  At least from what I've been able to tell within 54 levels.

The recent changes (last patch especially) have only made me enjoy the game even more.  So yes, please pass my thanks along to Sony for making EQ fun for me again. :)

Katsandra

to thank them again...

I am loving the recent changes.  I think they did a great thing for themselves and for us by having the summit and listening to us.  I hope it pays off for everyone, them in profit and a more enjoyable work place and us in just plain more fun.  And I hope, and believe, they will continue to listen and get better (more testing fewer patches) Thank you thank you thank you.

I don't necessarily agree that threatening to quit and actually quitting was useless.  I think it took that happening to wake them up.  I've always felt we on Tunare were lucky and had a good GM.  But even so the wait time for help and lots of other issues were making the game less than fun to the point that I was just playing out of habit.  

NOw I'm having more fun.  woohooo

RabidMonkey

A appreciation post on the sony forums from the bsy community could be a good gesture, or where ever these hidden forums are that tastian works on.
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Kitvear

I'll second that, err actually 9th that.

I go ld often enough to make it a huge pain to try and keep a pet up, I do it though because I feel useless without a pet.  Now I still don't enjoy going ld at all but I can't even begin to express how nice it is to get reconnected and see my still shrunk and fully buffed lil bear standing beside me ready to go.

I I also don't mind at all camping out now to buff my druid or group if I happen to have one with my chanter.

Making pets zone and giving them the ability to survive a ld is so huge in my book and has taken a lot of my frustration away.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Toiler

Quote from: KitvearMaking pets zone and giving them the ability to survive a ld is so huge in my book and has taken a lot of my frustration away.

/amen

Wait, let me be more clear...

/AMEN!!