Main Menu

Long post asking opinion about 3 boxing

Started by Gurar, July 29, 2004, 10:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurar

I've been lurcking around the boards for a long time and finally decided I needed to ask for an opinion.  The wife and I each have our own EQ accounts and have been playing for about 18 months. About 10 months ago I picked up a RL friends account after he stopped playing EQ.  This 3rd account had a 56 lvl Cleric on it that I wanted access to for rez's never thinking of 2 boxing.  Well the 3rd account also had a 49 lvl shaman on it that turned out to be great for PLing.   After messing around with PLing many different low level toons only to delete them later, getting the cleric to 60 and the shaman to 54, I was thinking of seriously using the 3rd account for 2 boxing.  After a lot of thought I decided to actually level a druid (on the 3rd account) to 2 box with my main (65 Bst).  As I'm leveling this druid I realized my wife puts in about 1/3 the time I do at the keyboard playing EQ and that I could use her account to 3 box with.  I will be running the 3 toons from 2 computers.

The accounts look like this right now:
My account = 65 Bst (Main), 49 Ranger, 42 SK, 30 Chanter, 25 War, 18 Necro;
Wife's account = 57 War (wife's Main and not to be touched by me), 37 Wiz, 24 Bst, 24 Cleric;
3rd account = 60 Cleric, 54 Shaman, 26 Druid, 20 Mage.  

I started the druid as I thought he would be the best fit with the Bst.  My thinking with the druid is that the ports, succor, Pot9, DS, added DPS > Cleric with rez.  Am I going to miss the rez ability from the cleric? I'm thinking of putting a Necro, Mage, or Chanter on the wife's account and keep the druid, so the group would be Bst+Druid+ (Mage, Necro, or Chanter).  Again my thoughts are that if things go real bad and succor fails then the druid can eat the death as I can always grab the cleric for rez's after the fact. I just won't be able to rez druid as he's on the same account, but if succor fails it's the druids fault anyway so he should pay the price right lol.

Right now I am guild less due to yet another guild falling apart under my feet, so allot of my time is now spent soloing when I'm working on my Bst.  My normal exp locations include Nadox, Trog Mines, PoN, GE, and Droga usually solo or some times with the cleric or shaman, or LdoN pick up groups.  Will 3 boxing in these locations be to slow or will the increased kill rate make up for the lose of exp per kill?  I'm looking for opinions as to wether I should keep druid for 2nd toon and what to make for 3rd or should I go with another combo?  Of course the given is that the Bst is my main and is not subject to change.

Gurar
65/43 Beastlord Tarew Marr

Xarilok

I would, if I had those accounts, play the cleric with the BL.

That way, you have a 65BL and a 60 cleric, so healing and HP buffs and rezes are handled.  Plus, the cleric can lull anywhere, which is nice for getting singles.

Then, on the 3rd account, you have the choice of leveling a new toon, or using one of the ones on it.

37 Wiz is almost high enough to group with your BL, so getting the wiz to 44 is much easier than getting another char to 44 from level 1.

Then you have:  Tank, Slow, Heals, Lull, HP buffs, SD, Snare (albier AoE), Nice Nuke DPS, evacs and ports.

Also, when your wife plays, you can have her tank, and use the cleric to keep her healed, allowing the two of you to exp in much harder places, or you can take out named that are too hard for you to tank.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

danaconda

I agree with Xarilok. Use the cleric for healing.

After that you have only 2 choices in my opinion. Level up the wizard a bit so he can group, or PL a brandie-new necro (I have a fondness for necros). All you lose with necro is the porting ability really over the wiz. But you gain FD pulling, and backup rezzes in case something goes sour and cleric can't camp in time.

Get your beast some gate potions and you're golden as far as dungeon crawling goes.

My current setup is BST 49/CLR 40/NEC 54. Necro is in AAXP mode until others cath up. I absolutely LOVE my new group (new because I finally sucked it up and paid SOE the $50 to transfer the beast to other account  :lol: )

I get crazy experience in this group because the kill rate is very fast. I have moved around to a few places, but I find Dulak's Harbor to be the best as far as exp goes. The wizzie should bring in similar results.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)