Main Menu

BST/MAG - enough healing power?

Started by Et^Cetera, October 10, 2004, 02:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

I have been 2-boxing for about 6-8 weeks now and am very happy with it.

On account 1 (existing) I have a whole host of classes and levels
On account 2 (new) I have 34 MAG and 34 SHM (Kunark + Luclin *ONLY*)

I was going to pair my new Shaman with my existing Paladin as they seem to gel very well, and also match my Magician with my Beastie. Dont really want to pair BST/SHM due to huge overlap in spells and abilities, especially until SHM hits 55+.

I know the Magician needs 10 more levels to group with the BST, but thats easy enough to get with a 60+ babysitting.

I am, however, a little concerned about the lack of healing on the BST/MAG pairing.

Has anyone else who has 2-boxed with a MAG or any other non healing class got any advise to share?
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Hereki

I duo sometimes with my wife's 61 mage.  At the spots I chose, healing isn't an issue - this means old world revamp zones, mainly, some PoP tier 1.  Stuns from both pets (she uses the 61 air pet) minimise damage, and I can drop back whenever I want.

Mangorn

At 62, the only time I have problems with my BST/MAG duo is if I try to go to  tier2/3 planes and attempt to run just the two of them, the damage is just more than I can handle. With Buffs and a little patience I can handle anything old-world, most of PoP with a bit more care, and all of the Tier1 planes are pretty good steady running with judicious use of tanking/pet cleric setups. This is with a pair of Bazaar equipped char's, pre-elemental, and no raid gear. Healing isn't usually much of an issue either, I tend to throw a heal or two during combat sometimes if I'm down 15-20% but usually don't have to worry too much. Planar areas take more care because at 62 your heal is only 425 points (without AA considerations) and many mobs double for 225-300 easily. You just have to pay attention to both pets health (though the BST pet will be the aggro target 98% of the time) and your own hps as well if you're tanking.
Mangorn's current crud

Saryrn Server - Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord