Main Menu

cleric PL duo

Started by sayrel, April 30, 2005, 12:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayrel

I was wondering what are some good zones for a 68 cleric to PL a Beastlord in from level 15+?  thanks in advance for any help.

Lizsolo

The usual PL zones will work until you can actually group the two.  It gets a bit tedious though, trying to get cleric DS on every mob... pretty soon your cleric feels like an enchanter with all the mob targetting you have to do!   :wink:

Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

sayrel

lol could i uh..get a list possibly?  thanks  8-)

Et^Cetera

Well, if you are going for max XP/hour,  as a general rule, stay inside for dungeon bonus XP and go with Hot spot zones. I have noticed a significant raise in exp/hour while in them.

All the usuall suspects then.
Paludal
SOL A + B
Echo caverns
Crystal Caverns
Guk
Velks
Nurga
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Bulge

Do not forget Unrest. This zone rocks for the levels after the Paludal grind: I took both my Shadowknight and my Chanter to 37 and 40! here!  Yes, I could not believe it either, but even at level 39, there are still some Blue mobs left in the Basement, and these blue mobs give the same xp as for instance a mob in Gunthak does (you are looking for non-runners I presume), however go down a lot easier.  Also, in Unrest you have easy access to a LOT of mobs (basement), I always pulled from the first large room in the basement. Re-spawn is fast and Unrest is just much more fun then Gunthak, which only has melee mobs.

It can get hectic in Unrest though, when  2 festering Hags and 2 dark horrors are casting on your twink: atre one point I could not keep up the healing on my twink when she was attacked by 3 hags at the same time: these hags nuke like crazy.  But that, and the knockback spells of the horrors, and the Mortuary fungus and all are so much more fun then a zone like Gunthak.

Unrest always had a great xp-modifier, I think like 160, same as Paludal exept it's a higher level zone so you will not see the insane chunks you see in Paludal. Even now that it is not a Hot spot zone, the xp is great.

At level 19 you can get a lot of dark blues still at the first floor, though I would move to the basement soon after.

After Unrest you could try City of Mist, but I found the mobs hitting MUCH harder there and never really could find a good camp spot(tried Stables). XP wasn't that great because of the carefefull pulling I had to do (getting 2 mobs at the same time required a LOT of healing and aggro loss but this could be much easier when PL-ing a BL)so I went to Gunthak at level 40, since by that time, you can chainpull mobs and have 3-5 beat at you at the same time (my SK could take a lot more then my Chanter).   

When PL-ing, I always prefer the "have 5 easy mobs beating on me for 1% xp each"above the "have 1 mob beating on me for 3% xp each" method. You just need to find a spot where you can find enough of these easy blues, and Unrest was pretty good for this.

Have fun!
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.