Main Menu

Which bot whould you play "blind" behind a KVM - Cleric or Druid?

Started by Taiglin, August 26, 2005, 12:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

Looking for some advice from any 3+ boxers and/or Cleric users out there. I have 2 boxed a Bst/Dru combo with each on their own PC for a long while now. Am adding a 3rd PC to run a friend's Cleric and to save on space am using a KVM switch to move between the Druid and Cleric accounts. I also went out and bought a n52 speedpad with the idea I could play one of those accounts in the blind so to speak. Since I haven't played a Cleric I figured I would attach the n52 to the Druid. At this point let me ask for any gut reactions - does this make sense or would you bot the Cleric in the blind given how you tend to play a botted toon (ie not 100%)

To further the story, last night was the first time I worked all three. While maybe not the best choice I spun up a NRo LDoN as my test bed. I figured there would be a learning curve but this was like going from 2 kids to 3 - everything changes lol. Not only was I having to get used to the n52 but also play the new toon and trouble shoot that account settings, macros, etc. One thing I found was because I could "see" the cleric it felt funny when he wasn't doing anything. I tend to cast 3 or 4 spells per mob with the Druid (Dot, Dot, Snare, Nuke) plus refreshing regen and thorns. At some point any combo will eventually feel normal. I guess what I am wondering is given the Cleric class, played in a bot situation, do folks really just tend to use them for their heals and pacification? If so I wonder if it makes more sense to macro him out and play him in the blind (especially when the Bst gets SM2). Until I get really comfortable with the trio I doubt I will be grouping with others. Otherwise I could see how it would make sense to run the Cleric for healing the group. Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Zimol

Hi =)

Personally, I use the cleric only for buffs/heals and the occasional paci..  Clerics really aren't efficient damage dealers, so I just keep mine around for the heals.  I know later on the the game when mana isn't an issue I will he baving my cleric nuke too, but in the mean time it's just heals, so playing her blind is np.

I think in that three box situation, you are going to have to rely on your druid for DPS, so definately dedicating a box to that toon would benefit you greatly imo.  Clerics are easy to bot/macro.  heal sit.  heal sit..  rinse repeat.

Zimol

Lraria

As someone who boxes 3-4 chars on 3 comps, I will add my 2cp.

Playing Cleric blind is a whole lot easier than druid, imo.  One of my play combinations is bst/dru/brd/cle and the one char I have hidden and on a n52 gamepad is the Cleric.  Setup the right macros, right assists, and you can pet hammer, rev DS, nuke and heal any of your party without breaking a sweat and doing it blind from the gamepad.

Druid you want more control over because you're gonna want to do more with Druid, if things get out of control >> movement / dot / nuke / snare / root / heal / evac plus a few others depending on camp / needs.  I find Cleric following Druid makes more sense than sticking Cleric up front to be hit first when mobs come rumbling into camp.  But, you may find it works better other way for you.  Experiment and find out, tweak your macros / spellsets, gamepad and find something that is quick and easy to use.  I probably could figure out how to do Druid blind but Cleric is just so easy to bot that I've never put effort into doing more and running Cleric up front.

Would suggest >> 1) Follow Druid macro 2) Pet Hammer / Rev DS Bst target 3) Target Bst 4) Target Druid 5) Target self 6) Target warder 7) Nuke/Stun as needed and all the usual Cleric type macros/keys for Heals >> Group/Fast/CHeal/DvA/CR/RC.

Anyhow, I have found Cleric provides overkill healing to my boxing, usually having 2 healers in group is plenty for even tricky mobs/camps.  And it fits well with my playstyle and my friends chars which I group with often.... /smile

Lraria

Taiglin

Wanted to take a sec and thank you both for your replys. Friday night I moved the n52 to the cleric and it was a night and day difference in how easy it was.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]