Main Menu

Some advice please

Started by karjic, October 24, 2005, 01:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karjic

Hiya all,

I know this is a Beatlord site but it one of the few multi boxing forums I have found so here goes.......

As a regular 2 boxer, boxing a lvl 70 rogue and a lvl 70 cleric, which is a very common combination in my guild for some reason, no idea why. I have recently acquired a 3rd PC and account, however I have been having a hard time trying to decide what to have as the 3rd box.

Some people have said that I should add a form of tank, here I would lean towards a SKnight
Others have said that I should add another caster type. I would be thinking of a mage or Necro here
Other options that have some level of viability are of course the Beastlord and the Bard (which would be hard work but may be interesting, with the introduction of the melody function)
I would welcome any opinions or suggestions as to what I should play with the rogue and Cleric.

Thanks in advance,

karjic

bham

Is this for raiding or grouping purposes? What do you want to achieve? Min/maxxing or fun?
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

karjic

bham,

At this stage for just grping purposes at this time, but i guess who knows... so lets say for grps, this being these 3, with some times others added on occassion. My rogue does have a snare (via a wepaon proc) if needs be... so your aware of that information :)

Not sure what you mean by Min/maxxing..

Thanks for your time,

Karjic

bham

Min / maxxing means going for the most powerful combo, ignoring fun, roleplaying or versatility.

I would recommend a beastlord or some kind of plate tank, probably a warrior or SK.

A tank to keep aggro and take the hits while your rogue does the DPS. A beastlord doesnt tank as well as a real tank but the buffs and slows are nice.

I dont like playing 2 melee at once, so try that out before setting you mind on it to see if you can handle it.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

jabby

ive done beast, cleric, rogue and it actually worked out better than i thought it would with some practice. have to get in habit of getting all positioned correctly tho.

if you are just looking to add one more for grouping purposes, beast is a good choice, as is shammy or bard. Bard needs aa to stop the missed notes crap tho but can bring alot to any group if you dont mind being busy all the time.