Main Menu

Suspend Minion Bug

Started by Nimbin, November 28, 2005, 09:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimbin

I may have to do a bit more testing but since it requires dying I'm a bit reluctant.  Here is what happens are far as I can tell:

I die.  My pet of course dies and any suspended pet I have dies leaving me pet-less.
Prior to getting a rez I summon a pet, toss a couple buffs on it, and hit suspend minion. (I have all pet AA's)
I then accept a rez and unsuspend my pet with buffs on it. 
I've also resuspended and unsuspended my pet while in the same zone without incident.  So I'm there with 1 pet only unsuspended.
The problem I encounter and not quite 100% sure of yet, is that when I zone with my 1st and only pet since I have been rezzed, I am no longer able to suspend my pet when I get into another zone.  I get the message that I may not have more than 1 pet suspended.  If I then kill my 1st pet, I magically have a 2nd pet suspended with buffs even though I've only summoned 1 pet since my death and rez.

I hope this makes sense and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.  The 2nd pet seems to be coming out of thin air and makes it kind of a waste when I get my 1st pet all geared and buffed up and for instance need to pet pull a mob.  I end up killing the 1st pet with all the goods and have to use a 2nd rate pet as my primary.  Or if I need to suspend my pet on a raid for any reason and I have my magic 2nd pet already suspended.

I may have to take some intentional deaths to be totally sure of this but it has happened to me on several occasions.

Tardar

I do the exact same thing you do when I die, and I haven't run into this problem.  I sometimes goof, and forget to suspend my 1 remaining pet before I log, so the chances of me seeing that bug are reduced because of my mistakes, but I haven't seen it so far.  I'll be keeping an eye out though in the future, to see if I notice a problem. 

Dancolen

I have experienced a similar thing once or twice... but chalked it up to deja vu or me forgetting I made one.

Maybe the pet that is suspended is rezzed with you?  /shrug.

ie.. you die with a suspended pet suspended.

you cant summon him while naked in guild lobby
but when you are rezzed to the corpse, it rezzes your suspended pet?

/shrug.
I havent noticed it enough for it to strike anything with me to post or research it.
Will try to look more next time i get rezzed.. I always keep a pet suspended and one sitting out for 2 pets.

I just chalked it up to my forgetfulness and maybe I had made one and suspended it before getting rez.
But pretty sure its happened to me too.

Nusa

One thing I have noticed is that suspended pets do not seem to survive server crashes. That doesn't happen often, but quellious did crash once last week, and my pet was gone.

iamweaver

I too have experienced the original bug.  The only times it happens are if I die, and my pet hasn't.  What occasionally happens is that, post-death, I create a new pet, buff it a little, try to suspend, and cannot.  The stored phantom pet seems to me to be my pet as it was the last time I zoned when I had a suspended pet.  That means it has pet focus on it, at the least, and probably has mage weapons, regardless of the status of its buffs.  I have /bugged it a few times.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Kanan

one of the sadder sights I've ever seen was when we were setting up for ranger epic fight in bloodfields, and the corpse of my poor pet was still there.

Umm, ya see, I was playing around with the DDA at the time to get it to spawn at the time that I wanted (ie, during the raid hours) and I think I was trying to play some invis games etc using potions, that type of deal.  Anyways, pet got the mez proc while I was running like a mad bandit to zone and was mezzed as I zoned.

It made me have to get a new pet out, but the strangest part was that my pet left a corpse there for a while.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nimbin

I confirmed this bug last night.

I died
Prior to rez I summoned and buffed up a pet in Guild Lobby
Suspended pet
accepted rez
Unspended pet with full buffs in Guild Lobby (I even suspended it again and unsuspended it to confirm 1 pet - confirmed)
I zoned into Guild Hall with 1 pet out - none supsended
I tried to suspend pet in Guild Hall and it said I had one already.

So I killed the pet I had out
Unsuspended magical 2nd pet fully buffed.
I was then able to suspend and unsuspend it since I only had 1 pet again.

Hiirsh

Does anyone know if this is being considered by SOE to be fixed?   I have it happen to me all the time, but only when I am rezzed in the Guild Lobby and then end up in the Guild Hall.  I have not tried camping and pocketing pet in other zones as I usually camp in the GH.

My general process is: I die, while waiting for rez, call new pet, buff it, pocket it.  Get rez, take pet out, loot corpse and get us buffies continue on with raid, etc.  When I camp I USUALLY do not have trouble putting pet away again... UNLESS it goes like this:

I die, while waiting for rez, call new pet, buff it, pocket it, THEN discover that we are doing a GL recovery, go get stone, get rez, take pet out, loot corpse.  Usually I go to GH to med and wait further Raid instructions.... when I do it this way and I try to pocket pet, I get the message that I can only have one pet at a time.  I KNOW I do not have another pet in my pocket... and have to kill the current buffed and weaponed pet, to take out a pet that is identical to the one I put away after I died. 

This past week I tested this procedure... I pocketed the pet 3 times and took her out and back again before my rez... so I was VERY certain I only had one pet.  Got my Rez, took her out... put her back in again and took her out again, zoned into GH to med.. when I went to camp approx 30 minutes later when raid was called for the night... I could NOT pocket her!!   One more time I was told I had a pet already.  Killed her, took out the partially buffed pet that was there.

This is sooooooooooooooooooo annoying, especially when it is fully raid buffed and toyed.

Any insight into this and a fix on it?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993926"></a>
~Lvl 80 Beastlord ~ Resilience Guild ~ EMarrs

Nimbin

Just an update with this bug that it can occur in any zone. 

QuoteI died
Prior to rez I summoned and buffed up a pet in Guild Lobby
Suspended pet
accepted rez
Unspended pet with full buffs in Guild Lobby (I even suspended it again and unsuspended it to confirm 1 pet - confirmed)
I zoned into Guild Hall with 1 pet out - none supsended
I tried to suspend pet in Guild Hall and it said I had one already.

Just change Guild Lobby to Devastation
and Guild Hall to Freeport

The 2nd suspended pet comes fully loaded with any buffs the you put on it prior to getting a rez, (ie I had conviction on pet already along with pet haste, etc), I'm not sure about pet toys though, will have to try it sometime.