Main Menu

Focused Pets???

Started by Atropine_BB, May 11, 2004, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atropine_BB

I have been looking over the pet chart for our LDON pet focus, the DPOC.

It looks to me like the level 60 warder gets the level boost, the hp boost and the extra damage from the DPOC focus.  However, it does not say that the lvl 60 pet gets the additional regen from the focus.

Is this correct?

Am I to assume that when I hit level 60, my focused warder will not have the advantage of increased regen until I get the level 62 pet?
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Oneiromancer

I would hope that this is just a mistake.  I don't see why the pet from the level 60 spell would not get every benefit of the focus.

On the bright side, getting from 60 to 62 is pretty fast, since 60 -> 61 is such a short level.  61 can seem forever, but in context it's not too bad.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tastian

Just wanted to point out that the level 60 pet doesn't go to level 60 like the chart says.  Cons light blue still at 65 when summoned with DPoC.

Bryc

Call me crazy, but only my 64 pet gained a level from the DPoC. The 62 pet was still 60 even when focused.
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

Oneiromancer

Actually, now that I think about it, the gain of a level to a focused warder was only added in a recent patch.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was only intended to work with the highest pet of each of the pet classes.  Although I'd assume if we got higher level pets in the next expansion that they'd be affected similarly.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dakat

In the patch on March 25th.

It only affected all pet classes and the actual spell used to cast the pet. All the spells were all level 60 +.

It also said: