Main Menu

Why the Troll pet change

Started by Brumbkab, September 13, 2005, 11:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brumbkab

Imagine my suprise to log in and unsuspend my pet only to find out my gator was stolen and in its place I found some 6 legged, yellow/green lizard. :-o I know this is a small thing. Nothing compared to the current balancing issues but I want my GATOR back. If they felt they needed to change the graphic why did they not upgrade it so it still LOOKED like an alligator? This would be like most beastlords logging in and pulling out what they though was thier beautiful black stripped orange and white tiger only to find a six legged yellow hyena. (after all they are mammals right?). Come on PLS GIVE ME BACK MY GATOR.  :x

Brumbkab the troll

Nimbin

I was very much suprised myself to find some funky ass monster.  I'm still up in the air whether or not I like it.

Beastin

I for one like my new little monster.  Sorry to see The Mighty Gecko go, but this new guy and I are getting along ok.

Fistinyereyes

Even the basic lore says that Trolls kindred their pets from the Alligators of the surrounding swamps...  Alligators, even in EQ, do not have 6 legs... I liked my old gator just fine...

Nusa

I still want my tiger pet to be as small as they once could be.

Vahaus Warder

While I'm not a Troll, I really do like the new "Gator" pets.

Iskandar

I had wondered why they could get the new basilisk model to work right but still had issues with the gator warder... I figured eventually they'd lop a couple legs off a basilisk and make a new gator pet model. Guess they forgot to lop :wink:

Just do /feedback on the change to let em know how ya feel, good or bad. I imagine eventually we'll all have new models for our warders as they upgrade more things to the new DX9 textures.... I just hope Blinky still looks like Blinky when they're done :-o
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Dreead

Can someone post a screen shot of one? My server has little to no troll beasts, and I would like to see the new dingy!

Iskandar

The one I saw last night was about the same size as the Firescale Crocodile on the ledge next to the lava just southeast of the Wayfarer's camp in Lavastorm. The skin was a light green with paler highlights.

Here's a link to the Firescale Crocodile's pic (if that helps until someone posts a pic of the warder):
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1987

I think it's an excellent model, but for a gator/crocodile they really need to get rid of one set of legs on it.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Shamno

Quote from: Iskandar on September 14, 2005, 12:31:36 PM
The one I saw last night was about the same size as the Firescale Crocodile on the ledge next to the lava just southeast of the Wayfarer's camp in Lavastorm. The skin was a light green with paler highlights.

Here's a link to the Firescale Crocodile's pic (if that helps until someone posts a pic of the warder):
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1987

I think it's an excellent model, but for a gator/crocodile they really need to get rid of one set of legs on it.

And make it longer in the face or it would look like a kimto dragon or something

Kanan

aye.. even tho their gator's tended to resemble crocs more to me, the face's gotten a lil too stubby even for a gator.. and yeah, extra legs...suuure

One thing I liked abt the trolls and have been jealous of for a long time... they only got not as long by shrinking, not having the rest of the warder's height issue ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Brumbkab

When I decided to roll up a beastlord I decided on a troll because of a few things.. one of them the cool gator warder. I have loved having an alligator around at my side. It has been the source of jokes in my guild. The gator is a big part of who I am as a troll beastlord. This is very similar to the "should we be able to merge with my warder" thread. Most of us beastlords are attatched to our warder. To have the looks change to some entire new creature is ripping my heart out. I lost my gator and now I some creature following me.  I wouldnt of minded a new graphic of something that still looked like a gator, but this? I have some 6 legged lizard, not alligator, lizard.  The biggest problem is. I know It will never change back and I have to try and get use to this new "thing".  I hope they leave all of your warders alone, OR if they mess with em at least I hope they get stay with the same species.

Brumbkab the troll

Edit - Oh and I did do a /feedback shortly after I discovered I had lost my gator

Skratz

~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

trichem

im tired of my wolf, i want a snail with runspeed 20 or so.

Tastian

The graphic was changed to address an issue with the graphic and corridors.  They are listening to feedback now and deciding on whether to potentially change the warder back or not.