Main Menu

The List

Started by Humlaine, August 05, 2007, 06:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabarQuell

Judging by a post on the sony boards... beta signup has already come and gone?

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=116541
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Khauruk

No....public beta has not begun.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Rabekiz

How about AAs that decreases the reuse timer on beastial alignment.

Would also like to see us get an AA that looks like the shammy werewolf form but gives us increased DPS (increase melee skill or better proc rates) at the cost of generating more aggro then normal.

Or maybe even an offensive disc that isnt on the same timer as Empathic Fury.

Kordana

I too would like to see endurance regen added to paragon.  Would give raiders a purpose as well as help in groups and soloing. 
Kordana Kninekamander
79 Beastlady of Povar
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1276678&resize=true

Mewzee

Spells that I want to see given to Bsts that should have been given YEARS AGO!
Time to play catch up in the spells deparment!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fury
Rage
Voice of the Berserker (not sure about this one)
Shifting Shield
Guardian
Shroud of the Spirits
Levitation
Spirit of Bi'Li
Tiny Terror
Quickness
Talisman of the Feral (new group 50% haste)
Improved Invisibility
Spirit Veil
Talisman of the Tribunal
Spirit of the Puma
Cripple
Blood of Nadox
Disinfecting Aura
Cure Corruption
Chant of the Napaea
Feral Salve - (renamed version of Potamied Salve from rangers)

more to follow....

AA Abilitiy Ideas/Existing that should be given or improved
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Protective Spirit disc NEW upgrade
Beastial Frenzy another upgrade
Rake another upgrade
Feral Swipe another upgrade
Flying Kick NEW upgrade or Round Kick NEW upgrade

New CLASS DEFINING Ideas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Give Beastlords new pets to summon, a new swarm pet, with different graphic, a different animal(s), give them each special abilities and skills. OR Make these be new pets period, like our warders that we can control with /pet hold and the rest of the pet commands/AAs. All Pet AAs, for pet dps, heals ect will affect this new pet that can be controled like our warder, OR if swarm only, then all pet dps AAs will affect it as normal werewolf pets do now, also pet focus effects affect these in hp/hit/power ect like normal as well.

Examples for new Swarm animals or Warders to control

Spirit of the Scale, summons a Python snake or Black mamba snake, hits are bites, special abilties, poison DD damage for 1500, special skill can kick the enemy. =P Can flurry, enrage.

Roar of the Lion, summons a Lion, hits are bites, bash, special ability Mual, has a chance to decrease strg/dex/agi , plus consits of a triple attack. Can flurry, enrage.

Spirit of the Grizzly, summons a Grizzly bear (postorms graphic), hits are bites,bash, special ability Bear Hug, can crush your enemy for 1800 dmg and cripple them making them weaker against magical attacks. Can flurry, enrage.

Pride of the Puma, summons a puma (DON graphic, color yellow), hits are bites, bash, special ability Tearing Gash, can make your enemy bleed for 1400 dmg (dot) and slow their movement speed, making them weaker to melee attacks. Can flurry, enrage.

Spirit of The Great Tiger, summons a white bengal tiger (new DON white tiger graphic), hits are bites, bash, special ability, Roar of the Tiger, can make your enemies be stunned and hit for 1000 dmg (AE Stun 0.0 or 5.0?) for a short time. Can flurry, enrage.

Edit: the spell list is in progress, I am going to update it with every single shammy spell that we should have gotten in later levels that are decent upgrades, utility+convience upgrades, and making up new spells or renaming them.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

TabarQuell

My thoughts on Mewzee's spell/upgrade suggestions, personal preference anywho.

Fury
Rage
Voice of the Berserker (not sure about this one)

-Yes, Why not? it's a disused shaman line that would fit nicely.

Shifting Shield
Guardian
Shroud of the Spirits

-Yes, AC booster spells would be nice to have once again, even though we already have shifting shield  :-D

Levitation
Spirit of Bi'Li
Tiny Terror
Quickness
Talisman of the Feral (new group 50% haste)
Improved Invisibility
Spirit Veil

-Yes, The Little things that make Life easier, if only if only...

Talisman of the Tribunal

-Yes, Combined Resist buff 4tw.

Spirit of the Puma

-No-ish, This... i don't know about, but then i'm not hip on being a 'proc buff bitch'

Cripple

-Upgrade! Yes please.

Blood of Nadox
Disinfecting Aura

-Yes. Cures, we used to be good.. but well... ~_~

Cure Corruption
Chant of the Napaea

-No. Leave corruption cures to the priests... for now.

Feral Salve - (renamed version of Potamied Salve from rangers)

-Yes, but salve is such a... bleh, word to use for beasts... i like "Feralist's Mending" myself ;p

Protective Spirit disc NEW upgrade - Meh, not much to be done, maybe add a few 'block' charges?
Beastial Frenzy another upgrade - Some upgrade would be nice... 99% haste isn't what it used to be  :-P
Rake another upgrade - or at least, ya know... an ability that won't be swiped by monks and cranked to hell.
Feral Swipe another upgrade - Even Stock will work, more dps is some good stuff.
Flying Kick NEW upgrade or Round Kick NEW upgrade - I do want *something* from monks other than leather, 'kick' or h2h proficiency.

New pets are intriguing to me... Being the lord of beasts (plural) and only really having mastery over one is kinda silly.  I Know it would take revamping the pet system to do this, so it's about time we had a pet overhaul.
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Khauruk

Quote from: TabarQuell on August 10, 2007, 02:29:24 PM
I do want *something* from monks other than leather, 'kick' or h2h proficiency.

I do too...mitigation table plskkthx! :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xacer

These are just my thoughts. I see alot of us wanting the werewolf form from shammys (that we should have got from shammys).
Make this illusion one of our very own. Some type of creature that shows the weapons. A Beast if u will.

So here are a few ideas for it. If it happens.

1. Have us absorb our pets (meaning no pet out) where we increase our dps. This due to the fact SOE is determend to get rid of pets while raiding.

2. almost same as 1. Give the illusion an increase to dps threw acc or % or whatever they feel is appropriate, but an increase non the less.

3. Make it with defensive properties. OMG we might just tank again.

4. Mix of the above a bit. Give it an agro reducer. this would fill a great need with our class and not be too overpowering.

5. My favorite. give it more dps and defensive. I miss being able to tank.

Just my thoughts but any 1 of these would greatly help our class out and mabye put the Beast back in beastlord.

Inphared

1) I'm almost positive Dev's will not allow us to "absorb" our pets, because that means the other two primary pet classes need to as well. That also nullifies Growl and Empathetic Fury from our list of spells, so they would need to make new forms of said spells, and that would knock out our new option for a DPS disc.

2) There is already an illusion item from Solteris that turns us into a werewolf. While I realize not everyone can raid this content, the shaman illusion is primarily used for the defense portion - it increases their avoidance and/or dodge rate. If we were to get some type of illusion, I imagine it would only be defensive in nature, just like the shamans illusion.

3) See #2

4) Personally I think they should just retune the Roar of Thunder line. 500 Damage every 30 seconds, -500 hate. Tie it to endurance or something. That alone could probably solve a lot of problems related to agro.

5) We can still tank, you just have to have the gear for it. You can't expect to instantly be able to tank Ashengate or something as soon as TSS is launched.

My thoughts:

1) Ferocity has the potential to be our biggest raid utility tool. Paragon follows shortly behind, but Ferocity is the one that we can mantain on people. Give it a proc. 200 Damage, 400 proc rate. It would be like Panther from a Shaman, whilst being something that is desireable by the melee classes.

2) Paragon needs to have the mana portion increased. That was it's main utility and still is today. 400HP per tic doesn't do squat for a raid where everyone is over 20k HP. It's the mana that's used. I would not mind seeing a) an alternate line, or b) a revamp of the line to make it a mana-only regen buff. I've read that the only reason it hasn't increased so much is because of the HP regen value it gives which is closely watched by developers, so if the HP portion is dropped it is possible that it could open it up to a bigger (read: hopefully large) mana boost, which is what the primary function is.

3) Spells: Currently I wouldn't mind some form of self corruption curing, but other than that I'm rather happy with our spell lineup at the moment (save ferocity and paragon!).

Maylian

I'm 100% positive that SoE won't do the whole absorb pet thing since time and again they have stated that they want pet classes to have to work to keep your pet alive. Absorbing would just breed complacency in people.

Would like a debuff but not overly fussed, would be good in group situations only unless it was alterred slightly from the shaman line. However this would also cause us more agro. If we persist in the request for debuffs then why not also request some form of FD / Fade ability from our other parent class.

Would like to see a major overhaul of Paragon, last time I wasted MGB on it was we first started learning Lethar 2 and used it to help us through the AE's. I understand that they're not overly keen on making it % based, but would be happy to forgo the hp portion for mana.

Heal like rangers with a small cure included would be nice.

New focus with small overstat increase.

Other than a few fun spells I don't care too much about much other stuff.

Smobon

Ok, this could be out there, but how about a new spell line that can be used in grp and in raid situations.

Mauda's Protection- Puts a protective guard on your target for 30 minutes. When your target is attacked, a feral beast spawns and attacks and takes aggro for 2 minutes or until the feral beast is killed.

This could end up too overpowering, but i think it could help out in raids, put  like a 1k mana price or higher on it. Perhaps make the spell longer to recooperate after every cast, aka, 5 second recast, 25 second recast, 1 min recast and have the spell reset itself every hour or a ridiculously long recast timer.

New spell line for pets.

Wikaq's Crippling- Imbues your warder with rage. Proc: Wikaq's cripple. Decreases your targets attack, AC, hitpoints and mana by 400 for 1 minute. while leaving your target frightened.

Give the pets a debuff. Yes, I know, it would probably turn out like the slow spell, but this spell would need to stay on full duration. Can be cast multiple times but does  NOT stack. And will not overwrite but stack with shammy and enchanters debuffs.

--- Better Rake, perhaps even upgrade it to 5 atks instead of 3 with 45 second delay.

---An upgraded poison DD, granted if this does take away any new dots, so be it. Personally I still use dots from time to time in kiting grps, but the dots r too mana consuming.

---Ferocity needs to either become an Aura or get some sort of add ons to become useful again, grp ferocity and single ferocity would be nice if they don't want us to have an Aura.

---An Upgraded Cripple, i use to use that all the time, but now its completely worthless.

---Panther upgrade, increase duration a bit and dmg %.

---Upgraded Cure, we need to have move useful cures, like to cure malo.

---And the obvious upgrades to SE, Vim, and Focus, but plz let the focus raise stat caps. Also, for Vim, if it cant stack with Brells or ranger buff, plz let it go away if either is better, if not, how about stacking them together.

Well, this is all I have for spells, now for defense mitigation and AAs.......

Daigyon

I was looking on Lucy for bst spell info for some of our older spells and I happened to notice this: "Pet haste group recourse X mins"  Now this is a GREAT idea imo, and I hope it goes live with some tweeking.
There is no knowledge that is not power.
Daigyon
75 Beastlord of Blades of Wrath
Fennin Ro.

Tigrah

not to be too much of a devil's advocate, but wouldn't summarizing the compiled suggestions of at least 2 other threads related directly to AA, and spells for the new expansions be less time/thread consuming? I mean summarize what has already been suggested in this thread then ask for additional input?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Humlaine

the post count would get to high and would take me countless hours trying to sort through all the information, so its a lot easier on myself to do it this way

Taeweyen

I concur with the following

1.  Ferocity for group and raids
2.  New unique pets.
3.  more shaman or shamanlike spells
4.  more monk-like discs

In addition, Hell, why can't we have 2 pets?  We are beastlords so we should be the ultimate pet class right???  Just an I wish opinion really.