Main Menu

Fangbreaker Faction Quest

Started by Kanan, April 03, 2008, 02:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

There's a few quests doable for this faction, but only a coupla them are honestly soloable.  Probably the best faction for it is the Crate Collection from the goblins. 

But the one I've been doing over & over as of late and has got me very close to ally now is the Lost Husband line from Babelyina at the zi of Loping Plains.

Quick rundown:
Step 1) Get quest & then run to the elf woman by the bridge in the central north of the zone.
Step 2) Run down to Orrel's camp (to the east of BMK) and hail the guy laying on the ground.  You don't have to be visible for this part.
Step 3) run back to zi, hail Babelyina & then /say assist
Step 4) run back to that camp.  Now, the tricky part here is that you can't hail him to trigger the next step until you are visible (the element of danger on this one).  There is a particular spot, on the north side, on the large cap b/w the tents, where u can see Fadnare (slightly closer to the eastern tent of that pair) where u can stand, uninvis, and be able to hail & trigger the spawns.
Step 5) run around to the other side of the camp, pull the ambusher captain, who comes nice & easy & single.. keel.  Now, go back to the hail spot, hail again... respawns the captain.  Lather, rinse, repeat until you've killed the 4 u need to.

with a druid and/or another bst this is incredibly easy, since you are only limited by your mana pool while you are doing this, at least that's my opinion atm.  With other classes, its not quite as simplistic, since other classes have to watch their surroundings, since bears path thru there, and bst & dru are only non-kos to animals atm.

I hope this doesn't get neutered, but this has actually been really good xp spot for me as well, getting like 10% AA/kill and about 1% regular xp at level 80 per quest cycle.  I expect that not too long after this original post, they'll fix it so that you can't respawn the orcs with a fresh hail.  Also, get the "kill 20 wereorcs" quest from the guy to the west of BMK for double the return on your time.

But I wanted to share this one, since I'm trying to spread it around with my guild as it is.  One time recently I did it while an xp group was killing there, and they loved it, since they had been running into downtime with annoying regularity, waiting for mobs to pop.  With me doing this & pulling my single off, they had an extra 3 mobs available constantly ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Maylian

Whilst I was doing fangbreaker faction with my cleric box I would get the "Daring rescue" which is the mission you're doing, reducing the threat - wereorc and also Taking back the night. Was a nice combo since it was good exp and allowed me to hang around for PH's / nameds in both wolf and orc camps.

Hzath

This is how I got ally.  Did this with a group of 4-6 players and one person's alt was constantly running back and forth for the hail to spawn the mob.  Got ally in about 10hours, chain killing that guy along with the 20 wereorc quest nearby you mentioned.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Vidyne

Sounds like a good quest.
I just mostly soloed Drangol goblins by pet clercing.

I had the 73 promised heal, the 78 pet, and companion's agility 1, later 3.

Icekracker

If you are doing the dragnol goblin killing quest, you should be able to do the insignia one as well, if you don't mind getting a few trains and then running around till you lose them.  :evil:

It was nice to break away from that one every once in a while and have fun running for my life. Having a fast horse is useful though.
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Kanan on April 03, 2008, 02:09:37 PM
There's a few quests doable for this faction, but only a coupla them are honestly soloable.  Probably the best faction for it is the Crate Collection from the goblins. 

But the one I've been doing over & over as of late and has got me very close to ally now is the Lost Husband line from Babelyina at the zi of Loping Plains.

Quick rundown:
Step 1) Get quest & then run to the elf woman by the bridge in the central north of the zone.
Step 2) Run down to Orrel's camp (to the east of BMK) and hail the guy laying on the ground.  You don't have to be visible for this part.
Step 3) run back to zi, hail Babelyina & then /say assist
Step 4) run back to that camp.  Now, the tricky part here is that you can't hail him to trigger the next step until you are visible (the element of danger on this one).  There is a particular spot, on the north side, on the large cap b/w the tents, where u can see Fadnare (slightly closer to the eastern tent of that pair) where u can stand, uninvis, and be able to hail & trigger the spawns.
Step 5) run around to the other side of the camp, pull the ambusher captain, who comes nice & easy & single.. keel.  Now, go back to the hail spot, hail again... respawns the captain.  Lather, rinse, repeat until you've killed the 4 u need to.

with a druid and/or another bst this is incredibly easy, since you are only limited by your mana pool while you are doing this, at least that's my opinion atm.  With other classes, its not quite as simplistic, since other classes have to watch their surroundings, since bears path thru there, and bst & dru are only non-kos to animals atm.

I hope this doesn't get neutered, but this has actually been really good xp spot for me as well, getting like 10% AA/kill and about 1% regular xp at level 80 per quest cycle.  I expect that not too long after this original post, they'll fix it so that you can't respawn the orcs with a fresh hail.  Also, get the "kill 20 wereorcs" quest from the guy to the west of BMK for double the return on your time.

But I wanted to share this one, since I'm trying to spread it around with my guild as it is.  One time recently I did it while an xp group was killing there, and they loved it, since they had been running into downtime with annoying regularity, waiting for mobs to pop.  With me doing this & pulling my single off, they had an extra 3 mobs available constantly ;p

There is an easier quest, you just need a stunner.  There is a necklace quest and with a wizard + mage combo or mage / mage you can get 6 hits in a few seconds.  Get the quest, kill the vampire, loot neck, hand it in.  Get quest again rince and repeat (drop 6 at a time, I used 2 mages to COTH me back and forth.).  Quest is located here - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4432 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Sharrien

I tried that one with a beast/mage combo and had trouble in the tunnels.  I usually use CoH to split mobs from a camp.  The twisty tunnels there makes that a risky strategy because i can't see how far apart the mobs are as they path back to their starting points.  With the worgs and such being so close outside I only tried by setting up inside the tunnels.  I admit I only went there once, when I wiped on the second pull I decided to do the various tasks for killing gobs instead.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Kanan

heh.. well, one thing I liked abt this one: was a true soloable quest, not requiring me to try to box (which I can't do in sof) and no pulling tricks required either.  Fast run back to zi as well.  Hell, usually if there was no one else around, I'd not even bother invising going back and forth, since I could almost always avoid the zombies.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Vidyne

Lost Elves was nice Inphared....  but I had extreme issue single pulling the one near Hills of Shade. 
As such it lost it's luster for me.  Otherwise that would have been the easiest to ally in my opinion solo.
A lesser geared beastlord would need CA3 for pet and could likely do it pet clericing while adding rake damage.
I swap-tanked with pet on the first 3 pretty easy, but the last was just too difficult with all the wandering worgs and orcs.

Eflynn

If you do the Faycitum tasks from Fenden I found a way to get a "free" Fang Breaker faction hit.  Get the Special Delivery "act" task from Fenden then get Reducing the Threat - Worgs from Tyrinam in Loping Plains.  Every time you click the tiny worgs to kill them it credits the Reducing the Threat task for 5 kills (each tiny worg counts towards worg kills).  So after 2 Special Delivery tasks you can go back and Hail Tyrinam for the free xp and faction.

Sharrien

Even better if you box a toon liek I do.  Both characters get 5 kill credits for each attack of the tiny worgs, so doing a special delivery for each toon I finish a reducing the threat on every run.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Ganellon D'Alinor

Quote from: Vidyne on April 04, 2008, 06:41:34 PM
Lost Elves was nice Inphared....  but I had extreme issue single pulling the one near Hills of Shade. 
As such it lost it's luster for me.  Otherwise that would have been the easiest to ally in my opinion solo.
A lesser geared beastlord would need CA3 for pet and could likely do it pet clericing while adding rake damage.
I swap-tanked with pet on the first 3 pretty easy, but the last was just too difficult with all the wandering worgs and orcs.
Stay far up on the mountain and invis up. Pet pull the undead and you will get no add at all when you back off pet to you. Path is a bit weird but it's 100% add free for sure.

Denti

Try to get a group that does the LP Ambusher camp "exploit", its very very fast xp and very fast fangbreakers faction as well. Apparently you can constantly spawn one or two mobs at the ambusher camp at the correct quest step.

Eflynn

9-03-08 Patch broke the Special Delivery task giving Reducing the Threat - Worgs updates.   :-(