Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinal

Quote from: AeshmalI'm sorry you're upset. Really, I am. But I think asking Sony to spend a bunch of extra effort to patch this particular issue is ludicrous, and I think you're severely overestimating how many players are affected.

What's to patch?  This is what I have been saying all along.  They accidentally  rolled out test code.  If, as you say, they have proper versioning software, then all the need to do is roll back the code.   With competent people, this should take no more than 15 minutes.  You make it sound like they need to recode the entire zone or something to fix this.

Felidae

To all the "it so easy now posts..."   As with the CT scout, everyone said it was so easy. I'm not an particularly good player, but I'm not so very bad either, and that "so easy" event cost me death after death.

And leaving the warders at the zone in is horrid BTW.  Kite the HoH GY in your free time?

Aeshmal

QuoteIf, as you say, they have proper versioning software, then all the need to do is roll back the code.
It is rarely that simple. First of all, there's no guarantee that this segment of code is as self-contained as you seem to think it is. It's entirely possible that it affects many things that you don't know about; code, particularly the spaghetti code of Everquest, often does that.

Second, it's not a simple matter of rolling back code. In the very best case, if only RCoD is affected, it's a matter of shuttong that zone down on every production server, pushing the update, testing to make sure the update took properly, then re-enabling the zone. Bringing zones down is not a trivial process; that's why they don't do it very much.

I really think you're talking about things that you can't possibly understand completely, since you're not a developer for Sony.

zumu

Quote from: Oneiromancer
Quote from: zumuWe left them at the zoneline /giggle.

That's horrible.  I really hope no one came upon them before they despawned.  Especially with their "enormous aggro range".

Game on,

no, there were no bodies at zone, i checked. dunno if anyone got a nasty surprise, but if they did it wasnt fatal. so i can giggle if i wanna )

Kinal

Quotetesting to make sure the update took properly

LOL.  Riiiiiiiiight.

If they tested thier updates, this code would not and could not have made it live.

And you're right, I don't work for Sony, but with all your excuses on their behalf I'm starting to suspect you might.

Moogasourus

Soooo fellow Bst's   Has anyone done this event recently and acually have an update on the final battle .... I have read a few posts in this section but most of it seems to be rants .. no disrespect for any of you but i am about ready to schedule my final battle and would like to know exactly what kinda force is needed.  Thx ahead of time

Moog

Oneiromancer

Scroll up, two posts on this page seem to have decent strategies post-patch.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Anex

Take this for what it's worth. I did mine, after the supposed nerf, a few weeks ago. After trying to TM and wiping to it once, I came up with a strat that involves everyone dying. It worked just fine and I have my epic.

Here's what we did:

We only had 3 groups (not even 18 people) of EP geared players. (No Kidding here)

I instructed our warrior to pull them all (named and adds) to the the wall  on the left and AE taunt and go Furious disc. That allowed him to have all the agro and be invulnerable for a few seconds.

Once furious dropped he went defensive and the 3 clerics we had would now heal him. After the first few heals landed the clerics went down, naturally.

Meanwhile I had everyone else burning named down from the start. Had couple monks, rogues, rangers, and us beasts all disc right off. Of course the wizards were happy to be able to go balls to the wall from jump. :twisted:

Don't forget the necros here either, not only did they bang out the dps but were FD'd as soon as named dropped to rez me to loot.

Everyone but a necro and the 2 monks died on this fight, as was my plan. I almost lived the whole fight but died at 0% to one of the warders. I was SO ready to ninja that thing.:? The important thing is the named was dead, the treasure chest popped and I had my new shiny totem pole.

A few things to note:

The warders do not see invis which makes CR's easy after the wipe. So don't even bother trying to mess with them. They'll despawn once the hour is up. Except maybe have the monks FD them in a corner away from named corpse so you can loot in peace if you died before the named did.

I wish I had 2 warriors for this, ideally 3. If I had, the next one could AE taunt and do the same thing as the first, and so on. At least to AE taunt the adds off of the clerics once they start healing MA. Making sure that eveyone stays up as long as possible.

If you decide to try my method, you might want to park a bot cleric or something right outside just incase everyone bites it.

I know this is a seemingly cruel way to do it. I mean, intentionally wiping your guildies, and friends. But I think everyone is more bumbed when you wipe and don't get what you came for. Just don't tell everyone your intentions if you think they won't go along with it.  :twisted:

After personally watching Time+ geared people wiping to this with 30 or more toons, I think the price I paid with my guildies bodies was more than worth it. Just make sure you kill this guy as fast as possible. DPS DPS DPS!

Eatbugs

Another "intentional wipe" method (I think it was mentioned in this thread, not sure) is to take out one or two warders at a time, then rez and repeat.  The warders still have fairly low hp, so if you don't have quite enough dps along to take out the Discordling Dark Animist before wiping that might work better.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Aeshmal

You would need a lot of DPS to burn the DDA down before the Warders slaughtered your raid. I would suggest offtanking him (he doesn't really hit very hard) and burning the warders one by one. They have less than 40k hp.

Vidyne

A "few" weeks ago would place it before the MAJOR nerf... yet after the minor nerf.

Yes, for the minor nerfed version, you could burn all you wanted on DDA and hed die quickly.

For the Major nerfed version, youd need something like 10 necros, 10 wizards, 10 SKs, a few magi and other nukers to burn him before his adds destroyed you.

His HP was increased, 4x Ive heard.  you arent burning that without a huge force.

EnemyTheBeastlord

I am appauled, no no shocked even! That SOE has made this fight difficult, as a matter of fact I'm pretty mad that they didn't put the epic on a vendor on each contenent (you know just incase I didn't have all the expansions).

Ok now to be serious, I am in a Euro guild (I live in the states) and at night when I play theres about 3 people on if I'm lucky.  I did my epic 1.0 AND my epic 1.5 with pick-up raids, I didn't have some "close nit family" to turn to for help.  So I have zero sympathy for people whining that they have a max of 18 people on in their guild at any given time.

I agree whole heartedly with what Aeshmal has been saying, if you can't make the effort you DON'T deserve it...period. "Ohhh well I have real life stuff, I can't spend every minute in EQ blah blah blah.  I've been hearing that too, well I'm a full time student and work I still managed to find people to scrape together.  This weapon is a 26/22 205hp weapon that you can get with less people then it takes to kill Rallos Zek and get EP access, risk vs reward is already out of whack in my opinion.

Maylian

I whole heartedly agree, I think I was possibly server first to do my final fight post nerf and I'd personally feel no sense of achievment if it had been as easy as the other BL had it in my guild. Honestly what kind of epic requires about 9-12 people to do it?

I posted my strat on this site and Alla's and hope that it helped other BL's achieve and gain their epic. Now looking at epic 2 I don't know if I'll even ask my guild to consider some of those events  :lol:

VoS Jamond

Some questions on the final fight:

1.  What is the range on the 1000 AE DD w/100 mana drain DoT?

2.  Can the AE DoT be cured?  If so, with what?

3.  Does the DDA Enrage?

Thanks in advance!
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

Eatbugs

1) I don't think it's possible to be out of range of the AE if you're on the hate list.

2) It can be cured with one cast of Remove Greater Curse.

3) Pretty sure he does, but then I tend to assume all raid mobs do.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal