Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zumu

Quote from: VidyneHave camped it both times I did it.

Have started about 30min after the despawn to gather forces.
Was able to get 3 1/2 groups from guild both times.

Was able to swing only 2-3 friends both times because they are always raiding and never can come to other things.

Most of my friends had said if you had told me earlier today, like.... 4 hours ago, I coulda come.  Thats just not possible with her timer.
I had told them I was doing it that night, but couldnt set a time.

I dont really want the fight nerfed as much.

I want the timer gone though.

Thats the part thats truely eating me.

do your turnin early, get another cloak, tell people the 4 hours or whatever in advance "ok, erana will be popping at 630" problem solved. yes im aware some people dont like to render the beast / druid fight unavailable for a whole entire hour. omg boohoo. no i dont care, call the waaambulance.

Latang

Omg waaambulance, rofl. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

TabarQuell

Finished the fight today with about 28 people

The DDA hits for about 1100 and his pets for 750, the DDA AE rampages, as well as has the Discordand Feedback [HP/Mana DoT](-300 Prism/Chrom) , and Targeted AoE Root (-200 MR).

The warders can be split from the DDA but you do need quite a bit of room, so use the main area of the zone.
This strategy sounds like a good one, but we didn't have monks so we couldn't use it.
http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=4654.0

After finishing the Druid 1.5 fight, we moved the raid to right outside the tunnels, and had two monks try to split the warders, for a small portion we were able to get the Tiger and another warder alone, after a minute the DDA and other warders came by, we wiped but took down the tiger.
Recovered raid at zone in and monks pull the DDA and gator to the ZL as they were somewhat separated from the bear, wolf and scaled wolf, all focused on the DDA and took him down after about 2 and a half minutes.  Details are sketchy to me as i forgot most of them already  :-P

And yay on my 1.5.

Tabar Amastacia 70 Beastlord on Quellious
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Mrcoolies

Hi
Just a few questions, are the pets classed as summoned? if s can they be banished? Does green pet pull work on DDA or hes pets? and with the new veteran reward that maxes all stats and resists is it possible to resist the mana/hp DoT that DDA casts.

Many Thanks

Dreead

Quote from: Mrcoolies on May 31, 2005, 05:38:06 PM
Hi
Just a few questions, are the pets classed as summoned? if s can they be banished? Does green pet pull work on DDA or hes pets? and with the new veteran reward that maxes all stats and resists is it possible to resist the mana/hp DoT that DDA casts.

Many Thanks

I just did this fight. Green pet pull will probably work but to an extent. Once anything besides the pet has agro meaning a player the other mobs will assist and run after you unless you are far far away. Hoping your pet even makes it there. Pet pulling the DDA would be immpossible as DDA would just slaughter it.

I couldn't tell you if the pets are considered summoned. But I think the wizzard spell that banishs only works  up to a certain level of mobs, think its 56. I would imagine the warders would be too high to be banished. BUt I'm not positive.

I used to vet reward on me and my druid. Both didn't resist it with 549 to all resists. I don't think it is resistable and if it is I didn't notice it was resisted.

Mrcoolies

Cool Thanks

I know my mage as a decent banish spell that uses a star ruby not sure what the lvl limit is on that will check.

Bodegah

I do not think banish works due to level, but since the mobs do not return to home and stay where pulled, I have heard that bards can high sun them back to bind.  Not positive but let me know :)

Mrcoolies

Hi
I just tried this encounter tonight and we couldnt split the dda away from the warders for love nor money. We had loads of FD pullers and a 70lvl bard who couldnt get highsun to land.

Any tips iam realy getting frustrated now, or is there a pulling team I could hire on bertox hehe

Shieara

I wish I had tips for pulling them  :|

I was lucky enough to get my 1.5 before the...err...adjustment, but we tried it the other night for a friend.  Our monk+bard team never could get them split up.  The monk kept dying, not sure what the deal was.    We ended up just offtanking them and burning the Warder's down one by one.  We killed three before we wiped but were able to go back and finish the job.  Kind of sad that a suicide zerg was required but everyone had a blast so I guess I can't complain too much.

Cataria

(See thread below for excellently written strategy on this fight)

It's still definitely possible to split DDA away from warders. I would suggest having the bard pull all 6 while the FD class tags DDA and brings him straight to raid, FD-ing at raid to clear aggro. Bard can then haul warders miles away, fade and leave them standing around staring at the stars while the rest of the raid falls on DDA and makes mincemeat of it =)

Dankmann-The_Rathe

Dropped tonight  july 12th 2005.. only 22 of. we rushed the room and killed the adds first then DDA..took no time..easy fight all level 70 time geared and better..
chest dropped a belt frocity 1 i think it was..130ish hps .cant remember the rest
Dankmann Hightimes
The Rathe

Shieara

We just did the fight last night and found a really good strategy for us.  We had ~24 people of various gear levels.  I hadn't done one in a long time since I got my epic 1.5 before the changes to the fight.

What we did:
1.  Got to the zone and cleared the valley in to the room he pops in.
2.  Popped the event
3.  Had a monk drag them out to sort of near the raid.  We were parked in the valley.
4.  Had a rogue go and pre-target all warders and DDA.
5.  We had basically every melee on the raid tanking one of them.  Use monks/bst and their defensive disc to help on damage from  warders.
6.  Engaged.  We cornered DDA and fought the rest  just in the valley.
7.  Had all dps focus on one warder while bards focused on High Sunning one of the other warders (while it is being offtanked).   
     Have debuffers assigned to help the bard.
8.  In this way we eliminated the warders one at a time very quickly.
9.  All dps and damage on DDA for the win.

We never could split them though we did try.  The bard had no issues high sunning *all* of the warders as long as the OT had aggro established so that the bard didn't get mobbed and eaten.  Anyways it worked for us.

Nusa

Our strategy is the old classic, but we always have more people than we need:

1) move raid to spawn hallway outside room
2) clear spawns in room
3) pop encounter
4) get pretargets for the six tanks (5 OT's and your best tank on the named).
5) Charge! pop discs, burn the named down.
6) finish off the warders

The only time we had a real challenge was when someone popped the druid epic mob while we were doing the beast one.

Tukash

Completed this last night with 4 Groups + a cpl people.  Gear was all a mix, 3 or 4 were elly geared.  We started off trying to split because our bard was late and I had to trigger the DDA or wait another 2 hrs.  Splitting didn't work, our bard showed and tried highsunning out in the open area, with no success, then DDA and warders despawned :( .  We then moved on and did druid mob, I then spawned DDA again.. tried highsun strat once again with bard dying horribly LOL.  We then decided to just try offtanking.  Pre-assigned tanks to warders, pulled all to the zone so DDA could be pinned.   All DPS was on DDA, bard highsunned the warders with no problem once they were engaged by a tank as someone mentioned in a previous post.  DDA went down with no deaths except for the puller who got rooted and steamrolled LOL.

Looking back if I do the fight again for someone: 
- Have a bard
- have enough to offtank warders for a short time
- clear tunnels
- warn zone
- pull all to zoneline, all casters in cubby left of zoneline to avoid AE ramp, pin DDA in cubby opposite of zoneline
- Only one off tank on each warder.. everybody else on DDA.
- have bard Highsun warders once they are engaged (it didn't take long at all for all to get highsunned,  10 or 15 secs maybe?? at least it seem that quick, may have been longer)
- Take down the DDA :) ... The whole fight, once they were at zoneline, was under 2 mins probably.

Now if you have the gear and numbers to offtank the whole time, go for it.  This worked great for us, a raid that was mostly pre-elly geared.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Mrcoolies

Hi
I finally nailed this sucker yesterday weee.
I ended up with about 28 people of various classes and we burned him down in about 1 min.

For the pull team we had a monk/bard/necro and me hehe,  we pulled DDA and hes warders out into the course way. Monk pulled all of them to just outside the tunnel leading into where raid was waiting and fd. I invised and ran behind the warders and nuked the rear mob and ran up the course way. I 2 box a mage so has Iam running I CoH myself back then invised and ran back....rinse repeat about 4 times has I started running the monk would stand up and agro DDA and after about 5 times this tactic paided off.

Well Iam glad this is over and its taken me months to finish this final fight. Good luck