Main Menu

Feral Guard, wtf?

Started by Jatrulak, September 07, 2004, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Not sure if there is one.  For me, the difference is that I don't have to spend the points on the LDoN spell once I get to the level of the OoW one.  For those who already have the LDoN one...heh, maybe they stack?   :shock:

Right now it does seem to be 5 levels higher though...so I suppose if someone wanted the rune bad enough they'd still buy the LDoN version.  But does anyone buy the 1 or 2-hit LDoN Calliav spells?

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Eatbugs

I suppose that's almost useful if it stacks with Calliav.  Actually, I lie - I doubt I'd use it even then.  What the heck is the point of a higher level exact copy of a spell we have already?
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Gourgeous George

I can't see myself bending over backward for this spell. I like having a full spellbook but this line of spells has such limited use that it is only used when over bored and flowing with mana on a raid. With the fights in Planes, the AE etc come too fast and this buff is too slow reuse to bother even with Calliav. It was of some moderate use in Luclin but the AE were easier to handle.

I wish they had just left this line as an alternate line as with LDoN/LoY spells where it wasn't a part of our new range of spell upgrades, just a novel xtra if you really wanted to quest it. I think I'll file it right at the back with Acumen under the category 'POINTLESS WASTE' and pray I don't get this if I hand in a rune or whatever Oow uses for spells.

I'm sure someone will probably say Acumen wasn't a waste but I still remember the stress many of us suffered finding out that ws to be one of our top of the line spells.
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

Rarrum

Bengali

Currently the only use for feral guard is that you can have it memmed in addition to Calliav for those fights where big AEs will come in faster than the refresh on Calliav can handle.  So when you see that message, "your pet's protection of calliav spell has worn off," and you go to cast it again but it's still greyed out, then you can cast Feral guard instead.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Eatbugs

I caught that potiential use, but I still can't see wasting a spell slot on it 99.9% of the time.  

In an AE situation where everone is meleeing, Pet Affinity and group/MGB heals pretty much take care of the AE - I might cast Calliav once before the fight to stay ahead of the game.  In any other situation I'm unlikely to consider 1k mana every 72 seconds as a reasonable exchange for continued pet dps.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Bengali

Yep, not terribly useful in its present state.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

janabell

if it was changed to blocking say 4-5  then i would use it over the Ldon one but other then that i dont any use for it

what i would like to see though is for this one to ONLY block spells not hits one thing i hate is when my pets get's hit with mele befor the AE gose off and i lose my rune. would be lots nicer if it just blocked spells/Ae's
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Bengali

Should also say that the current info (on Lucy) is out of date.  It's quite possible that it's been changed to absorb more hits or whatever.

Rarrum

was changed to 4.  other spells left in their terrible state though.