Main Menu

Beastlord DPS

Started by Maylian, July 02, 2007, 10:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Just making this post as a question to other beastlords out there. I know from the numerous threads that DPS is high on everyones wish list at the moment and I .am curious as to what kind of DPS you guys are kicking out in a raid environment. I ask this mainly because in my guild I frequently come in the top 10 and almost always out DPS any rangers, although I seem to be an exception as the other beastlords in my guild don't fair so well.

As you can see by my gear its fairly solid and I have decent weapons and augments, Blessing with Odeen aug and 2.5 (although only fero 4). Yesterday one of our officers wanted to see what I could do DPS wise so put me in a DPS group for Veldyn's Shade. Shaman, Rogue, Ranger, Monk and Bers died on engage so can't count him. But I came second to a rogue, outdpsing monks, wizards etc with 1650dps. I don't use glyphs or veteran AA's but do make sure to get toxicity when possible. Now in my opinion this is solid DPS and apart from the standard increase all classes get from new expansion doesn't need any extra. What kind of results are other people getting on parse mobs?

I know that it would be nice to get a dps increase for group scenario's but I am happy with my dps atm and it is only set to get better with Brumal fists when we get them and Lethar's maul. If I could get other people's take on the situation I would appreciate it.

Fornax

Damage is relative to the area you are parsing. If you aren't getting someone's hits, you may not account of their dps at all.

That said, I'm sure you knew that. I've been around the woods, and I remember seeing you in beastlord chat occasionally back in the day, don't know if you visit that chat anymore, I haven't gotten back into things yet to fully prove a useful source of information (a year hiatus kills you in the game, I've only been back for about two months, I've recently felt confident of my soloing ability ( was scared to really do it until I scraped the rust off)

However, when I was raiding (Qvic level content, yeah, its old, but hopefully it'll help with your information) I was dishing out around 300 dps without disc. Never really parsed with disc because of its completely spiky nature, but if I recall seeing somewhere upwards to 500 to 600 dps one evening from one disc use, that isn't terrible.

My magelo is completely out of date as well. I've gotten over 50 aa since coming back to EQ and other things. However, if it helps my weapons now are 1.5 and Cyno fists. I've done some parsing as of late and did some tests in Vex Thal (yea, its not current raid content or anything, but the blobs provide a GREAT target to test damage since one fight can last quite a long time.) I've killed over 12 blobs and my dps seems to range between 312 to 340. Nothing great compared to you, I'm sure. (The tests were done with complete buffs that add attack or haste or whatever was relevant btw)
Fornax - Luclin(Veeshan)
75 Arch-Animist

VochoreSakai

On the normal 'parse' mobs anywhere between 1700 and 1900 dps.  However dps doesn't really mean jack when you are dead - so we sort by total damage done on all of our guild parses.  Max guild "dps", again on burn type events, 55,000dps is obtainable pretty easy with a max of 66,000 (was a fluke imo - never been 60k+ since).
Vochore Ferowhore the Insightful <Dark Horizon>

VochoreSakai

Oh yeah if you are getting 1650dps on shade - bump your spell lineup to 4-5nukes and get mana flare.

Maylian

In the DPS parse we also list it according to total dmg, which in this case I was second behind our guilds top rogue. Personally I am happy with this parse compared to my guild since it would indicate that I am at the right level and DPS isn't the issue a lot of the members on this board have made out. I want to know more from players like Jili and Darkdestroyer and others comparitively geared what kind of DPS they are putting out with full TSS / TBS weapons compared to others in their guilds.

My guild quite frequently puts out around 50k DPS although we've only got a few Embershanks and not many other weapons yet so that should be going up in the next month or two as we begin to clear FC2 and clear AG more frequently.

VochoreSakai

DH has horrible luck with weapons out of FC/AG raids.  Atleast solteris weapon drops are much much better (for us atleast).

Brumal Fists of Whirling Sleet - 4 (24 kills)
Cudgel of Unified Vision - 6 (36 kills)
Embershank, the Malady - 7 (36 kills)
Fleshmelter, Lethar's Maul - 2 (27 kills)
Luminous Froststeel Warclub - 1 (12 kills)

20 weapons from 135 kills - sucks huh?  I guess add 2-3 more to the Embershank # as a few have rotted.

Jazzera

As you Maylian im regulary in the top 5 dps / total dmg on the parser of my guild, in battle with some rogues for the 1rst place,

i though it was due to all the AA/stuff i got compare with others but now there are a lot of character geared like me and who got as much AA as me so i dont really understand the complain of many peeps in this forum about our DPS

Denti

DPS is very relative to all other things. Of course we can shine quite a bit in AG North since most encounters are pet friendly, however that is actually a more the exception than the rule. Depending on group setup we do up to 1900 dps on Veldyn, however our zerkers (i think we currently have 4 or 5) and our rogues (around the same number) do up to over 2k as do paladins (shade is undead), wizzards reach over 3k. Mostly that is because of the short fight duration of under 3 minutes so it is a pure burn fight. Last Veldyn's shade the highest 4 dps were wizards with between 2420 and 3100 dps, followed by a paladin with 2360, a zerker, a rogue, a ranger, another zerker, a paladin etc. The highest beastlord came up with 1440 without pets, with pets around 1700.

We can usually manage to get into the top 10, however that depends how many pure dps classes sit out (usually between 5 and 15 ppl sitting out because raid is full). A pure dps class that isn't slacking can allways out dps us as can a good ranger that uses his tools. On fights were pets are of no use or just plain die very fast we falll behind quite a bit since we loose our better damage disc and the growl bonus. Of course the push change helped us quite a bit on free tanked mobs since it doesn't matter nearly as much as it used to do if we pop all our pets.

Maylian

This is my whole point. I want to know what other beastlords are parsing relative to the rogues / monks / berserker's in their guild and what gear you're comparatively geared in. I for example don't have any TSS weapons yet in the parses I am out dpsing rogues with ember and some others who have lethar's maul. We don't slouch for dps but obviously the numbers you guys are describing are with characters that have optimum damage weapons and focus effects for casters....

Until someone shows me what I am comparing myself to I think you're all exaggerating the difference between us and other classes dps and will continue to push for more utility as an alternative. As you say DPS is comparative and comparatively I am sitting in a very good position, if the situation drastically changes once I get brumal and lethar then I will reevaluate the situation and tip my hat to those who have endured this problem.....until then I'm fine.

Inphared

If you're wanting to know how others parse relative to the other players in our guilds, you're not going to get a very accurate answer at all as to where you should be. Everyone plays differently and every guild does almost everything differently. Example - one guild may kill Veldyn in four minutes, and another in two minutes. The DPS figures would vary widely. In the first scenario, Caster DPS would likely come out on top, where as the second scenario would yield melee DPS on top.

Touching back on the way guilds do things differently - some guilds realize that Beastlords can do decent DPS if they set them up correctly; ie, Bard, Manaflare, Berserker, Shaman, what have you. Others don't. So your DPS again will vary across the chart because everyone does things differently.

My point is, you're not going to get a very straight answer, but I'd suggest rephrasing your question to something like this:

What do other Beastlords cast during a mob like Veldyn, and what circumstances are you under (bard, shaman, etc?)?

**EDIT**

I didn't answer my own question!

On something like Veldyn, I chain BATM and our top four nukes. I never have manaflare, and I rarely get a shaman. A Bard would be forbidden. Under those circumstances, my DPS isn't what it could be, but it's not uber slack either.

Nusa

The only minus to being grouped with both a shaman and a bard is I have to start getting aggressive about clicking off the least-useful buffs. I need a good five or six slots free before the fight begins. But it does do great things for DPS.

Maylian

I think the question is quite clear....on Veldyn whilst my dps and some of our other classes dps seems lower than others who have commented I want to know comparative gear levels. My whole point is that if me stepping up to TSS / TBS weapons I will only see a 100dps increase whilst other classes are looking at 500 increases?

I personally know how to DPS a mob and whilst I am yet to get BatM I will frequently chain our top nukes, constantly have growl up whilst using fero 3, using the occasional BE pet to limit my agro generation. Doing this in a dps group set up excluding mana flare will generate for me 1650dps around about, what I have asked is what are the numbers other beastlords have achieved in a dps burn set up and what kind of gear? Compared to what level gear there rogues, monks etc are at?

My point is I regularly out dps some of the slacker rogues in my guild and can keep up on the rare occasion with the rogues and monks that pay attention to their dps and try. In my opinion that is more than we should be doing, yet I still here complaints from other beastlords about dps, I want to know from them what number's there kicking out and if they actually are half asleep when parsing?

Inphared

Quote from: Maylian on July 10, 2007, 07:09:17 PM
what I have asked is what are the numbers other beastlords have achieved in a dps burn set up and what kind of gear? Compared to what level gear there rogues, monks etc are at?

Like I said, this number is very wild across the board. You can probably get close with a margin of error of like 500 or 600, but it depends on a lot of criteria:

1) Group Setup
2) Discs? Glyphs? AE Warcry's?
3) How long was the fight?
4) How well are the other DPS classes paying attention? Their slack can be your own gain.

Simply those four things make your question really difficult to answer. You're asking to compare your DPS to everyone else, while at the same time comparing their DPS to the other DPS classes in their guild. The only real way to gauge anyone with yourself is to have them there with you, on the mob, parsing on the same list.

Maylian

Just simply answer....my top dps is xxxx........i am using xxxxx weapons......i was in a group with a xxxx.

It genuinely appears to me that no one else wants to answer since to me we don't seem broken, again thats just my experience but if no one actually says how they do then I won't consider us broken.

Rilelil

generally in a dps group was  shaman / bard sometimes get mana flare or what ever the new one is

this is off the Ghost event in AG 4 min fight

Dmg  Dmg%   DPS      Hit     Miss     Hit%   HPS  MaxH      MinH      AvgH

Total:      324,332 100.0% 1210.19 1031  547      65.3% 5.89 3215     36          315