Main Menu

Beastlord DPS

Started by Maylian, July 02, 2007, 10:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dainfrol

I haven't posted my DPS because I don't run a parser at all.  I don't know how many people do or do not, but that could be where the lac of responces is comming from.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Denti

To have a real comparison in regard to other beastlords and other classes you can't get an answer out of live events. Only controlled parsing on test mobs under exactly the same circumstances (same buffs, songs, clickes, auras) can give you an answer. Everything else is just guesswork. As Inphared already pointed out there are simply too many variables during live events to really compare anything. Even a comparison between two players in the same raid on the same event is not fair if the group setup is different.

Our Veldyn fights are usually between 2 and 3 minutes, the guild is farming the first half of Solteris and sometimes TSS to gear applicants, twinks and low attendance mains, gear is of course a mixture from demiplane onwards into solteris, although not all that much of the latter stuff.

Limiting to a beastlords dps is in my experience the amount of aggro the tank can generate and keep throughout the fight. On parse mobs like the orc in solteris it is a very difficult line to walk if you want to live through the fight (not to mention the rest of the event). On Veldyn of course that is normally not a problem if you wait 2 or 3 seconds before going full burn.

Inphared

Quote from: Maylian on July 11, 2007, 05:49:24 AM
Just simply answer....my top dps is xxxx........i am using xxxxx weapons......i was in a group with a xxxx.

Weapons in my Magelo. That's not my top DPS, but that's average. Top is probably 1800 or so. I never have a bard or shaman or manaflare on Veldyn, and you also have to compete with Paladins on that DPS chart.

Quote from: Maylian on July 11, 2007, 05:49:24 AM
It genuinely appears to me that no one else wants to answer since to me we don't seem broken, again thats just my experience but if no one actually says how they do then I won't consider us broken.

I don't see where you're getting the word "broken" from. In reality, we're not that far off from being a well rounded class. If you give us a Paragon upgrade, or a reliable form of agro reduction, we're one of the better classes out there. The answers that you get here won't do you any good because the variables change to much, as I stated before, but I hope you're satisfied.

Maylian

The answers seem fine to me, I wanted to get an idea of what others are putting out. I know that parses will vary depending upon group set up etc, but the whole point about being broken is that in a multitude of other posts I always see that a major issue people complain about is our dps.

I personally also really want to see with the next expansion apart from the comparartive increase in DPS like everyone gets I would like to see an agro reducing ability, maybe some reworking of slow / ac so we can solo better in newer content. Thanks for the responses though, nice to know where others are.

P.S:

Imphared are you using YALP? I'm using EQcompanion but always prefered YALP for the charts we could export, if so do you know where I can DL a current version from.

Nusa

I don't parse either. But here's one someone else did several months ago that included me during the burn-down of Tunat using Hallowed Bloodclaw mainhand, 2.0 offhand. In order, the classes of those listed are: Rog, Mnk, Bst (me), Wiz, Mnk, Wiz, Mnk, Mag, Rng(obviously being lazy and doing ranged damage), War.

recoil silverclaws

Depending on the fight i can parce any place from top 5 to top 10 on parce mobs (total damage done from everything i throw at a mob) longer the fight the better we may not be burst dps but long term fights is where we can realy hold our own. I still have a few wep's to pick up to bring me to the point where i am doing the best damage for what loot is avilable to the guild but when compared to equably geared monks/rogues/wizys/zerker i can defently hold my own (sometimes beat) on the parces. In my opinion beastlords are not as hard off for dps as everyone keeps screaming about, at least not at the level of play im used to we are not (btw its been this way sense demi when i finaly started getting the same level gear as those class's ) . But im just one beast what do i know.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Jili

My top parse on Shade is about 1600 dps, never had a dps group. Average 1300 maybe.
With full dps group a Beastlord can maybe reach 2k dps (tops). The problem is if I look at our last Shade parse I would rank for #13 dps-wise if I did 2k myself. (I did 1400)
Above 2k is a few Zerkers and Rogues, even a ranger and a pally. And two wizards topping the chart at 3.5k+ dps.
Shade being a 3 min fight in this case favours Wizards short burst dps. 5 min fights seem to favour Zerkers. And 5 to 10 min fights Rogues seem to win.

I am not saying we should do top dps in any of those scenarios, but there is something wrong when the top parsers total damage is almost double mine.

Bye for now /Jili           ps: nerf Zerkers

VochoreSakai

Our normal shade is 3mins max, but heres a parse of a longer 4min 45sec shade kill.

Top 5 were:

Monk - 604,833 dmg @ 2100.12 dps
Rogue - 592,136 dmg @ 2056.03 dps
Beast (me!) - 529,016 dmg @ 1849.71 dps
Paladin (F Slays) - 519,653 dmg @ 1829.76 dps
Wizard - 514,634 dmg @ 1774.60 dps

Was a measly 38,487.79 total dps for guild.
Vochore Ferowhore the Insightful <Dark Horizon>

Urim

Best DPS that I have been parsed at was back on April 20th against Veldyn. I was wielding Cogblaster and Redfang H2H. I was in a dps group but did not have mana flare. I was #11 for overall damage with 3 rogues, 3 berserkers, 1 ranger, 1 wizard and 2 monks ahead of me.

Total Combined Damage: 456004 / 222 secs = 2054 dps

Unfortunately, I don't get to see these numbers anymore. The only time i get put in dps groups is when all the rogues/monks/berserkers/rangers are all in one already and there still is a spot leftover. This doesn't happen much since we are low on bards.

I'd say my average for being in caster groups (no mana flare .... /rude encs) is probably around 1600dps on Veldyn.

I don't think our dps is broken IF (big IF) we are able to use everything at our disposal. Those fights are pretty hard to find though(thank you pet survivability ..... oh wait, it was never implemented!).
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Humlaine

realistically the beastlord DPS is good if not better then good, its our pets Dps and survivability that needs to be addressed at its current states its a lack luster in terms of performance

recoil silverclaws

Quote from: Humlaine on July 13, 2007, 04:21:28 AM
realistically the beastlord DPS is good if not better then good, its our pets Dps and survivability that needs to be addressed at its current states its a lack luster in terms of performance

Cant agree with yea more !
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

jitathab

The reason I always ask for more DPS is becuase we have nothing else to bring to raids of any value. Zerks bring as much to a raid as BST yet have a lot more DPS.

If DEV's actually fixed the utility and spell lines then yes we would have around enough DPS but atm we  are a one trick pony.

For the 80-100 BSTS in the guilds that are at the level you are in your DPS may be just fine, but there are thousands more toons outside the top 50 guilds.

dainfrol

Quote from: jitathab on July 13, 2007, 12:57:58 PM
The reason I always ask for more DPS is becuase we have nothing else to bring to raids of any value. Zerks bring as much to a raid as BST yet have a lot more DPS.
So why ask for DPS?

My guild's Monk sometimes runs a parser.  Usually I run #2 DPS and my pet is usually #3.  We have a ranger with us usually and I still out DPS him.  The only toon that is constantlly beating me out in my guild is the Monk.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Inphared

This is going back exactly to what I already said.

Quote from: Inphared on July 10, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
1) Group Setup
2) Discs? Glyphs? AE Warcry's?
3) How long was the fight?
4) How well are the other DPS classes paying attention? Their slack can be your own gain.

Simply those four things make your question really difficult to answer. You're asking to compare your DPS to everyone else, while at the same time comparing their DPS to the other DPS classes in their guild.

I have rogues outparse me all the time. But I know I don't suck. The same can be said for every single scenario across every guild. Jitathab probably wants more DPS because the answer to number four is "They're really paying attention.", where as the answer for you would be "They're not." Or maybe you get DPS groups and he doesn't.

Too many variables.