Main Menu

Beastlord DPS

Started by Maylian, July 02, 2007, 10:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dainfrol

This is single group or up to 3 groups at max and the MNK only parses melee DPS.  no procs, and no spells.  I am one of the few BST's (from what I gather) who actually uses DoT's, so maybee I should actually start to run a parser to see exactly where I stand.  We don't have a Zerker, we do have a mage and a wizzy, but again our MNK doesn't run anything but melee damage.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Epee

I see all these huge numbers and wonder wtf I am doing wrong.  I kick and use discs, but don't usually go over 1k dps.  I always have at least 4-5 nukes loaded.  Gear is below Help pls lol

Inphared

(This is pure guessing, I haven't looked at the other posters' gear)

From a quick glance, I notice that you're not over 1k AA. I haven't looked specifically at what your AA's are, but I imagine we might have some AA's that you don't that give us some DPS upgrades, like the fourth DoN AA. Also, I noticed that your Accuracy and CE are sort of low. Those can count for quite a lot. We also have some slightly better focuses than you, which again can count for a lot.

Small things add up kinda quickly. Don't be discouraged.

Humlaine

weapons , and more specificly knowing what mobs are weak to what, like blunt, and cold and PR things like that can greatly help improve your dps, along with armor selection, speaking the games not all about hp

recoil silverclaws

Quote from: Inphared on July 13, 2007, 11:17:03 PM
This is going back exactly to what I already said.

Quote from: Inphared on July 10, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
1) Group Setup
2) Discs? Glyphs? AE Warcry's?
3) How long was the fight?
4) How well are the other DPS classes paying attention? Their slack can be your own gain.

Simply those four things make your question really difficult to answer. You're asking to compare your DPS to everyone else, while at the same time comparing their DPS to the other DPS classes in their guild.

I have rogues outparse me all the time. But I know I don't suck. The same can be said for every single scenario across every guild. Jitathab probably wants more DPS because the answer to number four is "They're really paying attention.", where as the answer for you would be "They're not." Or maybe you get DPS groups and he doesn't.

Too many variables.

Something would be decently wrong if we where to out dps rogues on short fights. Longer fights in the 10 min range i come close to a lot of them and  beat a few but not the majority and only on long fights (where we really shine for damage out put).

As for asking for dps because ''they wont fix anything else'' no matter how you word it to a game dev there is no way there ever going to give the class enough dps upgrades to be a dps class. We are a utility/support class with descent added dps on the side. While i agree i would love for them to add more utility type spells or fix the older ones that don't get much use in the raid level, but just because we lack in those area's doesn't mean we should gain in dps to make up for it. I cant count how many times even in tbs/tss that in a pinch ive been able to help slow the raid target or helped keep my group up for a good long time with prity large ae's going off (i.e. lether1 and 2) being able to do this while allso bringing the level of dps we do to a raid is what being a beastlord is.

Long story short, our dps is about where it should be and dosen't need to realy change as far as im concerned. Pet survivability dose need to be changed for the better tho (all tho i haven't had to much trouble with that recently with the spell rune and promise)  and a lot of help for our raid utility's ( for the love of god fero ><) and we will be in prime position to be a realy great class for not just raids but groups.

-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

dainfrol

What I would love to see is an Aura of Ferocity.  Don't make it like the Ferocity line of spells, but make it like worn Ferocity.  Since it would be a new thing in SoF, they could have it be in 3 ranks.  AoF rk. I = Fero 3, AoF rk. II = Fero 5, and AoF rk. III = Fero ~9 (only reason I say 9 is because the raiders most have 7 and will have 8 and that's who would be getting the rank 3 version of the spell).  It would be great if they could make it stack with worn, skills, and AA's but as I don't know much about programing, I don't know how hard that would be to code.  If it is able to stack they could add just a small %age.  5%, 7%, and 9% per rank.

The reason this would be a great asset is because it would put us into DPS groups, it would add to our lacking utility, and /gasp maybee make BST's be wanted. It would be a nice boost by its self to our DPS, and getting put into a DPS group..... nice.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Rilelil

I doubt they would make it like worn Ferocity  as thats basically what they have for the Guild banners and Campfires for fellowships already and i believe it caps out at fero 5. Making it stack would be different but I honestly don't see that happening as at the high end  believe past fero 5 or 6  you get a dmg bonus instead of a actual DA bonus meaning  if we had a fero Aura that stacked we would bring a imbalance to our class and to raid content in alot of ways. Don't get me wrong though if they gave us something like that Id take it and run and not ever have to worry about making sure i had a fero focus on gear which is something I believe we all need.

I believe we should be looking at accuracy and maybe crit mods  or combat effects or maybe even a dodge mod for defensive purposes (which falls in line with our monk half)  as a viable addition to fero along with it being in a aura form this would still make us a useful addition to any dps groups and maybe even a tank group.

Khauruk

At least one class was already at ~100% double attack at lvl70, and I think 2 more are at 75 (monk, warrior, ranger, respectively.  Possibly zerker as well, dunno about them).

CE's only useful (in top gear form) for warriors.  I love it, wish I had more, but once you get demiplane+, your best gear setups for melee dps include very few procs, as pure damage augments are far far more effective.  Zerkers that I've known often shied away from proc augs as well, as it increased their agro disproportionately to dps.

Overcap (not restricted to 150 worn) +accuracy for the win - the highest accuracy class (rangers) are only 75%ish - lots of room for growth :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

Well with a bit more effort happily parsed at just about 2100dps today in full dps set up. Quite happy with the results and still waiting to get my Brumal's and dmg aug from FC2.

recoil silverclaws

Quote from: Khauruk on July 15, 2007, 10:11:21 PM
CE's only useful (in top gear form) for warriors.

I very much disagree i run atm with fleshmelter off hand and the FC cog main hand majority of the time and change to a raw melee dps wep combo when i disc and can pull out 2k+ dps with max acc and ce. Even with more double attack when geared for it a cog blaster type of set up can still push out some good numbers. Now when i get a brumals i will be doing some extensive parsing to see if its still true with a brumals/fleshmelter type combo but for now this is what works best for me. 
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Khauruk

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on July 25, 2007, 07:31:34 AM
Quote from: Khauruk on July 15, 2007, 10:11:21 PM
CE's only useful (in top gear form) for warriors.

I very much disagree i run atm with fleshmelter off hand and the FC cog main hand majority of the time and change to a raw melee dps wep combo when i disc and can pull out 2k+ dps with max acc and ce. Even with more double attack when geared for it a cog blaster type of set up can still push out some good numbers. Now when i get a brumals i will be doing some extensive parsing to see if its still true with a brumals/fleshmelter type combo but for now this is what works best for me. 

I should have clarified - outside of some Beastlords using boomsticks, CE's only useful in top gear form for warriors.  But, Ferocity will always suck relatively for Beastlords since we gain less dps from attack than pure melee classes or rangers.  Assuming they stay w/ attack as the mechanic used, which is Rashere's plan.

*IF* the proposed AC changes don't have the intended effect
*IF* Rashere/Prathun are willing/able to extend them to older content
*OR IF* they're willing to entertain some mod2 scheme being added to the buff
I believe we should *NOT* attempt to get CE from it.  There're far better choices available that benefit many more classes than Beastlords and crazy melee clerics. (Hi overcap acc)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Lotusis

Quote from: jitathab on July 13, 2007, 12:57:58 PM
The reason I always ask for more DPS is becuase we have nothing else to bring to raids of any value. Zerks bring as much to a raid as BST yet have a lot more DPS.
I find this a bit hard to believe as a Bst you think we have nothing to add to raids besides dps. I am constantly slowing on add groups etc. I have always and will probbaly always play a utility role with dps my secondary focus. I am usually in add groups on events like Astire because the Enc is mezzing and i slow. I am almost alwasy slower for things like this. I also buff on request no matter what is going on i /rt and cast SE anytime. I have heard other BST Demem buffs during fights, there again its all a matter of play style. For the longest SE line of buffs was all we brought to the table so i tend to do my job and buff as not to get my spot taken away by 1 more rogue or 1 more wizard. But back to what you were saying about Zerkers. What they bring is Dps and ability to add a lil dps to others. We bring dps, slows, and the added raid survivability of SE/POS for mana users not to mention when a pally or shaman dont show we can be a suitable substitute with our focus and vim lines.

jitathab

Again exactly as i pointed out earlier,  another case where top end guild BST's are happy. I am fotunate to play with very skilled chanters and bards who get everything locked down and slowed in moments and never had a raid where no shaman and pallies show up.

Humlaine

i'll post a parse from my guilds site, from the orc, this is a idea of where I am at in terms of dps, then a long one when I can freaking dig it up

VochoreSakai

Here's a Orc parse from awhile back.

Wizard - 507k @ 3019dps
Monk - 481k @ 2780dps
Monk - 456k @ 2656ps
Rogue - 442k # 2579dps
Wizard - 422k @ 2414dps
Rogue - 416k @ 2437dps
Berserker - 415k @ 2403dps
Beastlord (me)- 399k @ 2333dps

2 min 55 sec fight - guild  50,981dps

About 25 seconds longer than normal and obviously 7-8k less dps for entire guild.  Was my high tho @ 2333dps (magelo up to date).
Vochore Ferowhore the Insightful <Dark Horizon>