Main Menu

Proposal for SOF Ideas for Beastlords RK. II

Started by laissez, November 03, 2007, 03:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

VartraDzaedoh

I quite agree that we need a boost all around,  the Beastlord was when I started an utility class,  less wanted than a shaman but still popular.  Now I can only get into a group as DPS,  occasionally I get invited to a group below my level a bit to tank  (EX.  tank in WoS at lvl 71)  I would dearly love to see us get a boost in all aspects,  our spells,  our melee,  our weapons....theres a sore point for me,  we had some weapons that were JUST ours,  now monks at least can use all weapons Ive seen that we can,  all other classes have more weapons than just their epics that only that class can use. 

Inphared

When was the last time you played?  :|

We're really one of the better classes out there right now. Our mana regen utility is amazing and our DPS isn't bad at all.

Khauruk

Quote from: VartraDzaedoh on November 18, 2007, 07:08:08 PM
I quite agree that we need a boost all around,  the Beastlord was when I started an utility class,  less wanted than a shaman but still popular.  Now I can only get into a group as DPS,  occasionally I get invited to a group below my level a bit to tank  (EX.  tank in WoS at lvl 71)  I would dearly love to see us get a boost in all aspects,  our spells,  our melee,  our weapons....theres a sore point for me,  we had some weapons that were JUST ours,  now monks at least can use all weapons Ive seen that we can,  all other classes have more weapons than just their epics that only that class can use. 

Our group utility "problem" is perception more than anything else...we're actually quite strong in groups.  Though, I would like a non-steeltrap slow upgrade, and for cripple to be brought back up to date as well.  The new single target paragon is amazing though (/pout that it takes so damn many AAs to get there).

As far as weapons...uhmm, where have you been w/ itemization?  We're actually very good on it, and it's a huge bonus for us to be on h2h w/ the monks (bst/monk weapons traditionally have better ratios than generic melee weapons).  Class-only weapons were almost entirely phased out many expansions ago.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Orbus

This is all kind of depressing..Inpha is all by himself, and I personally agree with him. When I see bst dps on our raid parses there is always at least one of us in the top 5. I am very very happy with our dps and the AA's we received in SoF are very nice..Focused Para by itself rocks, I rarely if ever run low on mana now. As far as only getting picked up in groups to be DPS, whats wrong with that? In tight stiuations a bst can even tank if he needs too with the right gear. I actually have a tank set up on my bandolier for emergencies. With the new heals we get I can crit heal for over 5k, and I get numerous heals over 2k which can be a lifesaver when helping to heal a tank when the cleric/druid drew heal aggro and died cause they coulldn't take the hits....ok rant off  :-D

Rabekiz

Inpha isnt alone, many of us are very happy with raiding beastlord DPS. Ive parsed #1 (surpassing monks, wizzies, and rogues on a few fights) and I've been beaten by the same ppl. In every AG raid I parse in the top 5% and I rarely get a bard or shammy. I also think SoF did a ton for boosting our raid utility, focused paragon is probably our best skill to date. Now if we could only get ferocity boosted to where it was that kind of utility.

Denti

Yup, our dps is pretty nice. We are not nr 1 dps if the other classes dont sleep but we come close behind wizzies, rogues and zerkers and quite often equal or only slightly behind monks (although i have to say our guild monks slack a bit on the dps side).

It would be really nice to make Fero a usable spell again, at the moment it is basicly a dead line. However prathuun basicly admitted in a dev chat that he is unable to make Fero usefull again with the current game mechanics.

SpiritofBeast

As a Beastlord i am amazed at how we are right now. I cannot think of something else i want except for a longer haste for group but am content with the one we have now =) The thing i hope to always have is to have fun on my Beastlord I hope others agree with me =P

Fuzzyclaws

Ew, group or longer haste.. -_- that's all Im gonna say