Main Menu

Bst versus Monk sustained DPS parses

Started by Bumkus, January 04, 2008, 11:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamno

I think part of the problem with endurance right now is the regen rate of the current monk. Way I understand it alot of the melee based heroic stats are suppose too increase the endurance regen rate. I can only gather once they get up there in a lot of the newer gear, the regen rate of endurance will increase greatly.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/game_updates.vm?date=11/13/2007

Correction, endurance regen and pool size is both increased threw herioc stats.

Humlaine

Quote from: Otuol on January 10, 2008, 02:17:09 AM
Quote from: Humlaine on January 08, 2008, 04:14:36 PM

granted our tanking ability is horrible this expansion

So have you mentioned this to the devs? If so, what did you provide for info and what did they have to say about it?  Because you are right, our tanking sucks in this expansion.

I've sent in the logs even since beta, that we've got next to nothing in terms of being able to tank, various parses dealing with AC, and mob DPS vs our own and survivability.  Right now they have mentioned nothing to me, but that's not to say they haven't looked at the emails.

Grbage

During beta the devs went through and checked out where each class stood with soft cap and return over softcap and made some adjustments. Silk classes got the biggest gain and plate the smallest. We of course fell in between there somewhere but they gave no hard numbers.

So, since the devs stated prior to SoF that we were working as intended I don't believe they intend to adjust bst anymore then they have already. Probably could also toss in there that the pets tanking ability got a serious upgrade so we don't need it. Whatever, just take your beating and be happy you get it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Otuol

Well, I still think they should take a look at it but that's me.  On that note though, is it just me or do some people feel knights are getting the big shaft as far as tanking goes?  I have a friend playing a SK with about 3400 AC and he take a major butt kicking from HoS and fortress mobs.  Granted he needs to get the new SoF defensives, but he has most of the new ToTC and lifetap altering AA's out there for the new ones.  I personally think the devs are letting the gap get way to big between tanking abilities of warriors and everyone else.  Knights shouldn't have to have demi+ gear to tank HoS, Fortress or onward.

Inphared

A lot of mobs in HoS cast Decay Armor which drastically increases damage taken. HoS might not be a good place to test tanking abilities. Mobs in Fortress also throw wrenches which is an easy 3k damage with Spellshielding.

Grbage

Quote from: Otuol on January 11, 2008, 06:36:46 AM
On that note though, is it just me or do some people feel knights are getting the big shaft as far as tanking goes?  I have a friend playing a SK with about 3400 AC and he take a major butt kicking from HoS and fortress mobs.  Granted he needs to get the new SoF defensives, but he has most of the new ToTC and lifetap altering AA's out there for the new ones.  I personally think the devs are letting the gap get way to big between tanking abilities of warriors and everyone else.  Knights shouldn't have to have demi+ gear to tank HoS, Fortress or onward.

This happens everytime a new ass kicking expansion comes out. Warriors will initially be preferred because they are the best at taking a beating. Then as the knights gear up they come into their own for that expansion.

FYI, even more casually geared warriors are taking a major beating too. When I took my then 77 warrior into zeka for the first time in a mix of mainly anguish/ally kattat gear, full defensives up to sof plus first rank of sof ca/cs it was all the cleric could do to keep me alive, ran oom in two mobs, named went through me so fast it wasn't even funny.

Went back to zeka after hitting 80, two more levels of CA plus a few upgrades (not major) and the mobs still hit hard but it was much much easier.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Adruger

I don't have many of the new AAs but I thought we still tanked reasonably well.  I can tank/pull HoS, LP, and FM fine. 

Lol, I was ignoring Decay Armor unless I needed to med.  They chain cast it, much like the Efreeti used to do with Tash. 

In any burn situation I can burn through all of my mana far too quickly, and if the fight is long enough, or times such as a good lesson I can easily drain all of my endurance.  Seems like some people have forgotten about managing their pools, tunning out of mana used to mean 10-15m downtime, so you conserved it, or held it back for when it really mattered.