Main Menu

Pact of the Wurine

Started by Orbus, January 16, 2008, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbus

Maybe this is the wrong place if so I apologize...or may be already posted somewhere.

Is there anyway to fix it so that when you cast Pact of the Wurine it doesn't erase your shrink?

Maylian

Not at present I think is the answer you're looking for.

Nusa

The problem is that the remembered size attached to the werewolf form goes away when the buff does. A new buff starts from scratch with the default size.

Note that your natural form remembers its size within the zone. If it was shrunk before you were a werewolf, you'll still be shrunk when it goes away.

Orbus

Note that your natural form remembers its size within the zone. If it was shrunk before you were a werewolf, you'll still be shrunk when it goes away.

Thats not the problem...the problem is when I recast, which I prefer to do to get the benefits I am unshrunk again, which is irritating if perhaps you are raiding and in the middle of a fight or in close quarters. I realize I could just wait and recast and remem shrink but that kinda defeats the purpose. I realize we can't do anything about it ouselves but I didn't know if this was a bug and was going to fixed.

Nusa

Nope, not a bug, and I understood your problem completely. In fact Ngreth has said recently that it's actually the intent of the designers that illusions start with specific sizes (in response to a bard asking about his werewolf clicky). What we should lobby for instead is a longer duration on the spell rather than a change in design.

Get a shrink clicky...then at least you won't have to do any memming for shrinking. But it's still annoying. On the other hand, there are occasions I suddenly want to be big again, so it's good to be able to do that too.

Denti

I think we should lobby to get the same deal as necromancers got with their manaregen line. After all if we want to function in todays game we have to use pact of the wurine, so we will allways look like a werewolf. So getting two buffs with one aa function and being able to click off the illusion part if we choose to would be very nice.

Not to mention that the stacking issue with Bestial Alignmet (which we can use much more often this expansion) will be solved.

Rabekiz

There are many of us who dont want the AA split into 2 buffs simply because we cant afford to give up the extra buff slot.

Necros had a valid concern regarding a spell series they were balanced around. Their spell mana costs are balanced around the lich series, no other class is balanced around an illusion. We are not required to use wurine, despite what anyones claims. Our best bet is to go after an increase in the duration of the effect

Spiritclaw

The way shamans got the stacking issue taken care of with their bear and ww form (which supposedly they need both of) was to have one of them have illusion in slot 3.  I would prefer they put ww form in slot 3 but even putting BA in slot 3 would solve the problem
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Denti

Well, our melee and our future melee upgrades are and will be tuned around a permanent 10% more base accuracy than other classes and a free 400hp/mana. So yes you can choose not to use it and might even come close to someone who uses it, but in the min maxing game that is the highend raid game you are forced to use it simply to achieve the best result.

And i wouldn't think of playing my solo/duo/grouping game differently than that as well. So yes, at the moment it might be only my personal view but we are and will be forced to use this AA if we want to play our class the best way possible.

I do see a valid point there to a similar deal that necros got and got a PM from one of the devs that they are at least thinking about it. Just saying because we only have it a couple months instead of a couple years doesn't make it valid is simply shortsighted.

And the buff slot problem, well, you can click off one component, after all that is the main reason to split it. Besides i really fail to see the problem there as i never ran out of buff slots, especially not in SoF where we get additional slots once again.

Rabekiz

400 more mana is less then a 3% upgrade to our raiding pool, 400 more hp is about half that %, 10% increased accuracy is less then a 3% increase to total dps. Not much impact on class balance. Wurine is still a bone sony threw us because they honestly dont know how to fix the ferocity line.

I have every possible buff slot filled and could fill 3-5 more with dps/survivability enhancements. You simply cant have enough buff slots.

I'm not saying we cant ask but this is definately no where near a top priority nor do we have consensus on what we want ... at least we all agree with the peerless penchant issue. For more background however, see the bards request for the same split on their werewolf illusion they've had since velious.

I think a far more elegant solution would be for them to implement a second AA with the same effect (minus the illusion or just split it into 2 buffs like lich) and offer a refund to everyone. Buy/use whichever one you want. No impact on balance and everyone gets what they want.

thor

Does this make us the most accurate class in the game now or is it still Rangers?

Denti

Dunno, even only 3% of my total dps is still 120 dps, nothing to be sneezed at of course. And yes, 400hp/mana is not all that much if you do it in percentages, but just compare it with a gear upgrade you can get and then it is pretty good, even now. And it does stack with everything so it is pretty good. Oh, and another 5 manaregen which in itself is not much either, but of course every little thing adds up. That is after all the definition of min maxing which especially we as a hybrid class have to do.

As i said, i do raid kinda highend (Solteris for twinks, MMM etc for us mains) and never have a buffslot problem, but of course your mileage may vary.

Of course it is not a top priority, but it is something we should ask for especially to fix the bestial alignment stacking issue. After all BA is now only 36 minutes reuse so it is just another normal damage disc.

Khauruk

Rangers are still far and above us in melee accuracy.  I don't know if they had any AA upgrades for SoF, but they were sitting at 75%+ accuracy before vs. all other melee who max out around 60-65% iirc.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

Whilst it may have been a bone that SoE threw us, they have thrown lots of over things at us and we're now sitting in a very strong position. Only a small amount of double and triple attack, something some people scoffed at, but we're frequently out parsing a lot of the staple DPS classes with upwards of 4k dps non veteran / glyph from some.

We raid Solteris weekly and are working on SoF so fairly high end in my opinion. Even with all the buffs I get I still normally have 2-3 slots empty and if needed can happily drop any of the 5 clickies I use constantly. It would be nice to have it split like necro leech spells for stacking and to make the illusions people have bought / obtained to be useful again. If they don't change it though its hardly a deal breaker. Like many I think it could do with having the duration extended but other than that I'm happy with it.

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on January 23, 2008, 04:22:50 AM
Rangers are still far and above us in melee accuracy.  I don't know if they had any AA upgrades for SoF, but they were sitting at 75%+ accuracy before vs. all other melee who max out around 60-65% iirc.

Not sure how reliable EQCompanion is, but over 2 hours in Beza me at level 79 with wurine and 130 accuracy was getting 87% Hit %. Checked on GamParse too and was getting same numbers.