Main Menu

LDoN experience

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, July 09, 2004, 01:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

To be blunt it sucks.

If SOE would pull thier head out of the sand they might realize that some people will not see EP exp levels and they should do something to increase the experience given.

Once a person reaches EP levels of game play then LDoN becomes practically useless, if you factor in GoD augments then there really is no point in doing LDoN's at all.

I started doing LDON's for four reasons:

1) To get my pet aug

2) to maximize DPS through DD augs.

3) To get 40 hp aug's on EP gear

4) to max my adventurer stone

Now I kick myself for wasting even a moment in LDoN until I max out my aa's in zones that have better exp.

I would take the 400 aa's plus that could be accomplished in the same time it would take to max stats on the adventurers stone anytime.

I am betting that most level 65's would do the same.

Seems like such a shame that even the hard LDoN's suck for exp, the concept was great.

I feel better now

Nox

Fibbs

couldn't agree more.

Cept for the fact I found it a great way to level up below 65 on alts.

Fibbs

Kromjr

Heh pretty good for people like me who dont want to get involved with that higher end content. I see your point however.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Kromjr

Grr was meaning to add. Darn straight the xp should be looked at :)
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Dakat

In my opinion LDON exp is just great.

I am not Sol Ro Flagged nor timed, just like 90% of the entire EQ population.

In a normal 65 group of a normal LDON, I get about 40% of an aa per adventure.  Each adventure never takes over 30 minutes duration.  So in 3 LDONs I've made 1.1 AA's.  Now if you add those of 30 min each for 3 adventures thats more then 1 aa every 1hr 30min.  Which is above average then you would get in BoT.

Afterall, LDON was not put there for people to earn AA.  It was for those casual players to find groups, upgrade gear that otherwise a non-guilded, non-raiding player could get.  

So please, just cause you are in that 10% that is high end POP, don't knock it for us lowlifes.

Anjelika

I'm with you Dakat.

LDoN has been the only route for me to upgrade.  If i am not soloing, then I am doing LDoN's with friends.  I avoid PoP and GoD completely.  Experience for my play style has been great and I so much prefer a dungeon crawl to sitting stagnant at a camp and pulling. Yay for LDoN!

JillieMT

I am happy with it. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Caali

Hmm I make an AA roughly every 75 mins in PoE. That's comparable to LDoN normal xp. My beef with LDoNs is the 'downtime' between adventures and between selecting adventures. I don't know if that can be fixed but it would be nice. I hate seeing 'You are resting' after a fast LDoN. Plus it gets super boring in normal LDoNs after a while. On the plus side, Hard LDoNs still are challenging although I would like to see the xp boosted in there seeing as how they hit as hard as GoD mobs and all.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Aneya

LDoN 65 normal solo is about 3% aaxp a kill. Course there isn't much to solo but thats a different story.

You forget another reason a raider might do LDoN. Spend time with non raiding guild friends. I know a lot of casual players and often when I group with them its in a LDoN. When spending quality time with friends I don't worry about min/maxing my xp.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Noxdowne Draggout

QuoteIf SOE would pull thier head out of the sand they might realize that some people will not see EP exp levels and they should do something to increase the experience given.

See I wasn't  
Quote"So please, just cause you are in that 10% that is high end POP, don't knock it for us lowlifes."
coming down on anyone not already EP.

What I am saying is this:

If you use LDoN's as a main source of exp, then you should see higher results than what you do see.

Once you get PAST the EP's then LdoN exp is pathetic, maybe if they put some kind of an exp bonus in after reaching a greater amount of adventures that could work.

Atm in PoEa I can bang off an AA every 40mins in a guild group compared with one aa every 1.5 hours in LDON.

Keep in mind LDoN came out after PoP which means that SoE had to figure that some people were actually in EP's before this expansion.

Every expansion I have seen has done two things:

Given better loot and given better exp zones.

LDoN is a waste of time once you are into the EP's, that is not an elite statement, it is a wake up call that a previous expansion outdoes a later one horribly.

I would like to do more LDoN's to augment existing gear, I just can't give up the 20 plus aa's I would loose to do it.

Nox

Bengali

Quote from: CaaliHmm I make an AA roughly every 75 mins in PoE. That's comparable to LDoN normal xp. My beef with LDoNs is the 'downtime' between adventures and between selecting adventures. I don't know if that can be fixed but it would be nice. I hate seeing 'You are resting' after a fast LDoN. Plus it gets super boring in normal LDoNs after a while. On the plus side, Hard LDoNs still are challenging although I would like to see the xp boosted in there seeing as how they hit as hard as GoD mobs and all.

The thing I've noticed is that after a while it's more efficient to do a hard mission in 45-50 mintues than it is to do an easy one in 20 minutes.   For example, if you do an easy one in 20 minutes, then rest for 25, then do another in 20 minutes, you get 102 points in 65 minutes.

But if you do a hard, you can get 105 points in 45-50 minutes. and you won't have to wait for the next one.   Even if you are just farming for adventure wins, you're still better off if you stagger them between hard and normal sometimes so that you minimize "resting" time.

There are other little secrets that people haven't caught on to yet, such as the fact that recues are *much* easier than people think they are (I did one in 14 mins recently).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Voredor

I used to run pet groups with my brother in BoT and got roughly an aa per hour, was nonstop killing until we ran out of stuff to kill and had to wait for repop. Best groups were 4 beastlords and 2 mages(my brother being one).
Venerable <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=168744&resize=true" target=_new>Voredor Wamphyri</a> of Ayonae Ro

Mindlet

QuoteLDoN is a waste of time

Wow you only just worked this out? I knew it was a waste the first week.  :lol:

Dakat

I see just as many, if not more EP + able people in LDON than I do casual players.  

For me, though, I usually form my own LDON groups.  Usually one class is a binding class.  Once the adventure is over, that person gates back to the LDON camp and graps another.  Usually, we do at least 3 LDON's before someone has to leave.  

I ask the people that I invite, if you can't stay for a couple quick LDONs, I'll grab someone else.

I don't play the game as much as I used to, maybe 3 hours total a day. Compared to All day long every day like I used to.  So getting an AA per day is fine by me, since getting AA is not a high priority to me.  

I'm there to enjoy the game on my own terms.  I don't have people telling me I have to be here or there right this minute.  If I wanted to, I could have been TIME flagged over a year ago when I was in a TIME guild.  I left that behind and enjoy my game the way I want to.

Zentrel

Sadly Vore,  noone does pet groups any more  :cry:    

even the petgroups channel usually only has me in it and everyonce in a while 1 other person.