Main Menu

Incoming...

Started by Liga, August 19, 2004, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liga

Anyone else sick and damn tired of incoming mobs heading straight for you?  More than 50% of the time I am the one incoming mobs head to.  It must be because of our lack of deagro, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

(this is rants section so heres where i put this)

Mneumenth

I find it's because Im too damned sexah.  :twisted:
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Askyn

I personally always thought they were just jellous and are going to for the strongest member of the party.

You know, get the strongest one killed first the rest will fall type of thing =)

Xarilok

Group with a bard all the time, problem solved.  6 people standing about, mob agros on any of them, 3 seconds or less later, the bard is gonna do something that causes more agro than just standing there, and will of course gain agro.  My poor bard was always the add-detector.  If my health dropped, there was an add, period, lol.  I don't think anyone else ever got hit by the adds.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Liga

Groups I never have a problem with.  Its the raids that I am aggravated about.

Eatbugs

I always know why the mobs are heading straight for me - it's because I'm the fool out there trying to slow them before anyone else can get aggro.

Either that or they like trolls.  :P
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Jaeren

The gecko looks like a nice easy snack and you are between the mob and your gecko ;)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Dakat

It works by who is closest to the mob at the time the mob has been initiated.  

As you walked near a mob and the mob agros. Its not pissed off at you. You have not done anything to it except step in his personal area and that pissed him off. Until you actually do something to cause it to be mad at you, it will not come directly to you.  So just being behind the next guy will keep you from being attacked.

When a mob gets to camp, and you send pet while sitting, = instant agro.

When the puller goes out to get a mob, and you casted paragon just before = instant agro.

Your playing an aoe mana/hp regen song. Puller of the raid gets adds coming to camp = instant agro.

If you healed the puller while they are out pulling, IE bard song going that actually tics, each tic/pulse is a heal which is pissing off mob.

Xarilok

A puller with paragon on them will not gain ANY agro.

A puller with agro that gets paragon cast on them WILL gain you agro.

Paragon is a buff, just like any other.

Ever give a group SD and had them wipe across the zone, and have the mobs that kill them come training to you?? Dont think so.  Having a buff from another character doesnt give that charater any agro.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Dakat

Did I say SD, NOT. DID is say Paragon, fraid so!

And what I said otherwise, thanks for clearing up exactly what I said.

Mneumenth

They go for the Bard because they exude the most fruity aroma.  Its that or the orange and pink outfits they cant help but wear.

/flee
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Liga

No, none of what you all are saying is my case.  Im simply attacking the mobs from behind like a good moron.  I even try to stay as close to its back as I can so Im not closest to pulled mobs.  Yet they still come for me more often than not.  It happens to all the beastlords in my guild.  Maybe its the pullers FD'ing too quickly or something.

Rhaynne

Happens to me all the time as well =P

Kitvear

me too, the most evident "string" I can recall is with the tank (a war) doing double duty as a puller in HOH, he would shoot it with his little bow and arrow and run back to camp with it.  The mob would run over to me and start hitting me then the war would snag aggro back, then I would back the pet off run behind the mob, sick the pet on the mob again, then I would slow the mob.

This happened pull after pull, maybe they just hate ogres more then they do barb warriors.  Shrug, not that it mattered much but it was very noticable that for some reason or other mobs would go to me after they got in camp before they started to worry about the warrior that had shot it with it's arrows.  This happens in LDON's too but in ldon's I tend to slow mobs as soon as I see them so it's harder to notice whether or not if I deserved to get hit.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

a_moss_snake_001

If you are in the middle of casting any kind of spell when it gets into range you will gain its attention over the puller. Happens everytime with me, if i start casting slow and the mob reaches the group i WILL get hit even though slow hasnt finished casting yet.

Spellcasting has some interesting aggro rules.