Main Menu

Spirtit of snow/flame

Started by Maeceo, January 30, 2004, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeceo

I wish we could research these two spells. It is rather annoying to pay 14k for snow and I cannot even find flame. I have tried camping spawns, auction channels, bazaar, everything within reason and I am having no luck! It really would be nice to at least ease the manner that we can obtain this spell. I know this does not impact many of the BLs, but it is nice to be able to get your spells at the level you first can use them!

Yiktiki

I'll back that up.  I'm not about to go pay more for SoFlame than it would cost for SoRellic, but I would like to have the spell and fill out my spellbook.  Its just stupid how rare that frickin spell is... and its not like is some uber unbalancing spell, its just a frickin pet proc.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Noxdowne Draggout

Wait until you pay 75k for your 65 spells.

Nox

Takeen

Be patient and you should be able to find it at a decent price. I have seen snow for as low as 50pp, 200pp, and the one I bought for 500pp. I bought flame for 5k which is about half-price as usual. I agree that it should not be so pricy, but beastlords have relatively few very expensive spells as compared to pure casters. I dont mind shelling some cash for a few spells.

TerjynPovar

That's not the point, there is no upgrade for the 65K spells.

The only non-LDoN spell I don't have is Spirit of Flame.  It is always for sale on Povar...for 37K and for 59K from the two bazaar vendors.  Who's going to pay that?  I got Rellic for 5K for chriminies sake.

If SoF didn't have an upgrade, I might believe it being that expensive, right now it's ridiculous.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Maeceo

It is not so much the price as it is availability. I bought my first level 65 spell even though I am only lvl 57, the 65 slow, for 35k. Expensive ya, but the best price I have seen on it in the last few months.

The gripe I have about the spirit of flame drop is that hybrid do have the options of having some (wis casters all iirc) spells researchable. Somehow we slipped through the cracks and coonot research it, it is just something that would be very very nice to be able to have the option!!

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: MaeceoThe gripe I have about the spirit of flame drop is that hybrid do have the options of having some (wis casters all iirc) spells researchable. Somehow we slipped through the cracks and coonot research it, it is just something that would be very very nice to be able to have the option!!

No hybrid-specific spell is researchable.

Soullbash

I have never seen Flame for sale, but I got lucky and found Snow and Relic for 5K each one night.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Maeceo

QuoteNo hybrid-specific spell is researchable.

Ah, guess I never realized this. Still would be nice however. :)

Noxdowne Draggout

I paid for each copy of Spirit of Flame I have ever bought:

1 copy 15,000pp which I use

1 copy for 8k resold it for 15k

1 copy for 50pp resold it for 15k

1 copy for 5k gave it to a friend

Yeah I resold them to make back the pp I spent.

Argueing that rellic is an upgrade so spirit of flame should be cheaper is not even close to reality.

Parchment drops happen 1-2 times every exp group I have been in, when I am fighting in BoT.

How many have I asked to loot?....zero

Most go to near rot status before someone decides to 'loot it for an alt".

If you don't want to pay the price do things the old fashion way and go camp for the spell.

The biggest problem with EQ today is the fact that you can buy your weapons, arnor and most spells without even braking a sweat.

I think the best change they could make to EQ would be that any weapon be it armor, weapons or a spell/parch should be NO DROP only if it is found on a mob that you need to be post 50 to reach.

Twinking with uber gear would stop unless it was a tradeskill item (wow tradeskills would mean something?) and people would stop making a char and levelling it too fast without learning where items drop or how to play their character.

A side benefit of the no-drop world would be exp groups. remember those? The things people did before they could spend 100k and solo to 65.

Until someone says that they have camped the Vamp castle for 2 months and have never seen it drop....I say pay the price and be glad you could get it without the effort in the first place.

Nox

TerjynPovar

I'd love to camp the Vampire Castle.  I've went there with the intent to find this spell on and off for months.

Everytime I've been there, there are people camping it for spells to sell.

In the last month I've checked at least 6 times...same thing.  I've been checking for roughly 4 months?  Is that good enough for you?  Or should I check twice a day?  Twice an hour?  Sit around at the zone until it's free?

I don't care how rare Spirit of Flame is, it is ludicrous that people charge 59K for it.  I ask again, who's going to pay that?

Hell, I'd be happy if Spirit of Flame was no drop, at least then *maybe* I'd have a chance to loot one instead of watching people farming them for cash.

So what am I stuck with?  An incomplete spellbook, and a lecture from somebody about how I'm supposed to play the game.

I'd rather spend money on runes/spectral parchments then spend any time anywhere in PoP.  I hate PoV, HoH, and BoT.  All those zones are just the continuation of the Paludal->High Keep->Dreadlands route, and while good people go there they are often drowned out by the people arguing about KSing and making bodily function jokes in OOC.

Even in games where you can't twink, (Final Fantasy XI), it doesn't stop anyone from doing what you claim twinking causes.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: TerjynPovarI'd love to camp the Vampire Castle.  I've went there with the intent to find this spell on and off for months.

Everytime I've been there, there are people camping it for spells to sell.

In the last month I've checked at least 6 times...same thing.  I've been checking for roughly 4 months?  Is that good enough for you?  Or should I check daily?  Sit around at the zone until it's free?

I don't care how rare Spirit of Flame is, it is ludicrous that people charge 59K for it.  I ask again, who's going to pay that?

Hell, I'd be happy if Spirit of Flame was no drop, at least then *maybe* I'd have a chance to loot one instead of watching people farming them for cash.

So what am I stuck with?  An incomplete spellbook, and a lecture from somebody about how I'm supposed to play the game.

I'd rather spend money on runes/spectral parchments then spend any time anywhere in PoP.  I hate PoV, HoH, and BoT.  All those zones are just the continuation of the Paludal->High Keep->Dreadlands route, and while good people go there they are often drowned out by the people arguing about KSing and making bodily function jokes in OOC.

Even in games where you can't twink, (Final Fantasy XI), it doesn't stop anyone from doing what you claim twinking causes.

Kylaz

Well, at least thats only two spells in our spell books... Ask the shammies what they think about their lvl 60 spells.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Sabertueth

Yeah, try getting shammy spells.  Torpor, Malo, Avatar, Voice of the Berserker, Primal Essence (which I still don't have and have never seen for sale)..... I could go on but I won't.  Until recently with PoP and researchable spells these things were locked in the vaults of the uber guilds and if IF they were kind enough to let one go it was 100k.  Only having to buy 2 spells for a grand total of maybe 20k is nothing.  Hell, I spent double that for Fo7 cuz I couldn't get the damn thing from rune turn ins.  Yes, it sucks that people do that, but that's the game.  Every spell but those 2 is vendor buyable.  Most of the high level shammie spells are only dropped off dragons, ToV, ST, in Ssra, or Seb.  And the thing is the procs are replaceable at higher levels buy easily obtainable means such as the bazaar or vendors.  And I'm sure there are other classes that have terrible trouble with dropped spells.  Beast for the most part are very lucky with the mininal drops we need to deal with.
Venerable Sabertueth
Vah Shir Feral Lord of the Seventh Hammer
and his dog dog...Steve-Dave....sick'em Steve-Dave
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=879509>What makes those corpse runs worth while

Bloodfire Soulburn

I would love to get my Son and Sof but looks bad on my end there is no way i can spend that kinda Plat never seen either of them on BB and trust me i cant spend as much time as I want on EQ i got to work  :evil: o well if the price drops and i get a good deal say 5-10k i might get them if not o well  :(