Main Menu

iksar bst claws

Started by bestuss, July 19, 2005, 08:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestuss

Just made an iksar bst and i found this quest
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2859
anyone done these quests and would you rate them as okey, or at least working :)
the final claw http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=36775
/Nexxius lvl 40 beastlord on Antonius Bayle
My magelo
/Goloog lvl 67 beastlord on Antonius Bayle Goloogs magelo

bham

Did I misread it, or does the proc make your opponent tougher?
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Zanois

when it procs it lands on you.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

bestuss

oops sorry about that, mixed it up with some other hand 2 hand weapon(was reading allakhazam at the time)
question still remains though anyone done all or parts of it? bit nasty to start it only to find out
the quest is bugged  :roll:
My magelo

Prelgor

The quest has been completed, and if you poke around, you can probably find a walkthrough.  The end result is a 12/20 weapon with some nice stats.  It will cast something equivalent to the level 49 spell Frenzy on you (or whatever level it is now, after the adjustments).  I believe the effect only works if you are at least level 50.   :|  Basically, the effect would be to remove one of the better opportunities for practicing Abjuration in your 50's (I kept Frenzy up constantly, and it was a much less boring way to cap the skill than chain-casting).  The intermediate rewards are actually decent weapons, when it is level-appropriate for you to complete the quests.  My troll spent forever working up iksar faction to do these quests.  After I finally got the faction, I got as far as completing the third quest before I got a better weapon than the end result of the quest, so I never finished it. :(  If I were starting a brand new iksar, I would definitely do it.  It's a decent weapon, and the quests help it grow with you.  The final weapon has +10 Wis, so you might even keep it around for an offhand tradeskill stat boot, even after you outgrow it. 

bestuss

Thanks Prelgor

Figured the stats where nice enough, even the first one is not that bad, think i do the quest
for the fun of it, well the first should be rather easy at least even at lvl 9, if not i have other chars that
can help out :) but it's more fun if you do the quest alone.
My magelo

Stingite

Here's the guide I used to do it from good old Hereki:

http://www.paullynch.org/cgi-bin/Everquest-blosxom/VSBL/87iksar.story

I did this solo for fun . . . didn't need to since I already was weilding epic 1.5, but it was a blast.  Spending a saturday completely destroying some of this stuff was a riot.  Best of luck to ya.

There is also in this very section of the forum a large 11 page discussion on this quest as well.

:-D

bestuss

hehe yeah sometimes killing greenies can be tons of fun  :evil:

will look for the other thread for more info.
My magelo