Main Menu

DoN Progression Help Please

Started by Aoban, October 20, 2005, 09:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aoban

I am a 66 Ogre Beastlord trying to get going on the DoN progression.
I have done enough "good side" Creator mission to earn around 1k crystals ( so 20-25 missions) turned all the end mission tear drop things that you get into the "good" side chick by SolB, done around 10 "good" side tasks in each Stillmoon (mottled meat, kill 20, ect) and lavaspinners(all collect silk).

I am still glowering to the good side guards even though I can go stand in front of them, call their mother and their sister names, ect....they don't attack but my faction hasn't raised above glowering. Dark side guards were also at glowering so assumed I was on right track. Now, and I have not done any dark side missions or tasks, the dark side guards are indifferent to me again.

WTF am I doing wrong? How many missions/tasks does a Ogre have to do to get enough faction to start the tasks in the good side camp to start progression?????

shenk

keep at it.  It takes more faction work for an ogre to get to indifferent than say a wood elf with Norrath Keepers.  You have 3 options to get your faction up

1.  Continue to do the tasks near solb that give you Norrath Keeper Faction

2.  Join shared tasks with other people and turn in all Norrath Keeper Tokens, while deleteing all Dark Reign Tokens

3.  Kill Dark Reign Guards.

The only thing I can think of is that you inadvertantly did some Dark Reign Tasks from the guys near SoLb, because it would be obvious to you if you were killing guards or turning in the Dark Reign Tokens to the Dark Reign Merchant.

I beleive there are 4 task people near SoLb, 2 give Norrath Keeper faction tasks, 2 give Dark Reign Tasks.  I want to say it is a va shir and a human that give Norrath Keeper, while an Erudite and Gnome give Dark Reign Tasks.

Iskandar

Hopefully this chart will be helpful -- it shows how many faction boosts/hits are needed to progress from one faction rank to the next.

-751 or below   ... scowls at you, ready to attack
-750 to -501     ... glares at you threateningly
-500 to -101     ... glowers at you dubiously
-100 to -1         ... looks your way apprehensively
   0 to 99          ... regards you indifferently
100 to 499      ... judges you amiably
500 to 749      ... kindly considers you
750 to 1099    ... looks upon you warmly
1100 or higher ... regards you as an ally

As you can see, it takes a lot less work to go down than it does to go up :lol:  Vah Shir start apprehensive to both camps... I did a few of the solo tasks and killed some guards to get to Indifferent... it took roughly 5-6 missions to then go from indifferent to amiable, so I'd say each mission gives about 15-20 faction when you hand in the token.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Kanan

rumor, but I've heard they seriously nerfed guard killing faction =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chickennuggets

I'm not sure about the faction from the guards... but I had problems trying to solo one the other day... was bored waiting for group to all show up and get going.  Luckily the cleric was there to throw a few heals, or I would have been waiting for her to get there to rez me.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Epee

Lezzard Beasty here and it took me FOREVER to get good faction with the good guys.. I did it cause I thought it was ironic.  But stick in there u can do it

DontPetBear

I'm betting you accidently did some Evil tasks from the Merc camp.  Its hard to tell them apart really.  It's harder getting Evil DoN's and taken me awhile, but i'm glad i did it that way.  The only real difference is the group tasks for progression really.  The solo ones are fairly simple and can be done with the 'goodies' while they are looking for their drops.  I also found the Tier 2 group task to be a lot easier on the Evil side.  Took maybe 25mins to complete, versus the horrible Good one that i still haven't completed yet...god i hate the work Gimblax.  Embrace your evil nature my Ogre brother, and join with me on the Dark side....cue Darth Vader breathing..
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Gunzak

When I started out I went evil and quickly raised faction with the evil camp.  I decided later to go good and after doing over a dozen solo tasks, killing about a dozen evil guards and turning in about 20 norath keepers tokens I am still dubious.  To go from scowling to indifferent where I can get the tier 1 tasks is gonna take a ton of effort but at least once I am there it will all be cake as 90% of the server is on good faction so all those creators just add to the faction.