Started by DocMoriarty, September 14, 2004, 12:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocMoriarty

Basically a non pet class is at full strength when :

a) the toon zones
b) the toon logs in
c) the toon is invis

Not so pet classes !

To have our pet survive invis we need to spend 8 AA to preserve the pet with buffs and gear.

To have a suspended pet zone we have to have another 7 or so AA to make it zone with us (now with OOW). This i really consider a harsh rip off. And who hasn't killed a ton of suspended pets up to now by forgetting to stop, unsuspend and then zone ? Always causes like 10 min downtime to set up a new pet fully buffed and med up and stuff.

Basically i say i don't need suspend pet at all. When i invis my pet should get invis too and it should have been like that since EQ is out (i could live with invising my pet manually too).

But i dont really want to spend a considerable amount of AA just to get the same functionality that non pet classes have by default, i have way better use for the AA's elsewhere.

I can live with setting up a new pet when i log in for the day especially after the change that pets survive LD's now. Sure having them survive logoff with buffs and especially summoned gear makes sense and seems worth a few AA to me.

I think tho the invis and suspend stuff is annoying to a lot of beastlords out there.

Just my 2 cents.

Gorgul
65-209
Morden Rasp

JillieMT

Hm. This doesn't bother me at all. All classes have strengths and weaknesses. This is just a slight weakness that we deal with. And just imagine the flaming we would get, lol... Although in this case, I would think it well deserved if this changed.

/shrug
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Sharrien

Speaking of pets and invis....
Anything in the works for a consent box for invis spells?  Now that pets can be persistant even after logging off it makes it even more of a crime for some careless bard to zap all the group pets because he always travels with his invis song up.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

DontPetBear

Nothing i hate worse then zoning into an Ldon...then remembering my pet is still suspended.  Arrghh that ticks me off.  And if i can't remember to un-suspend my pet before zoning now, what makes you think i'm gonna remember to suspend it before logging off hehe.  Only thing this 7aa's is gonna help with is my forgetfullness.  

Like i mentioned before, 5 is a better number.  Especially when i'm scraping to save up for MGB.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Sempai

I used to feel like this, until the pet started to zone with us. Slightly annoying to purchase an aa to get the pet to zone suspended, but I am just happy to have the option now.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Oneiromancer

Quote from: DontPetBearAnd if i can't remember to un-suspend my pet before zoning now, what makes you think i'm gonna remember to suspend it before logging off hehe.  Only thing this 7aa's is gonna help with is my forgetfullness.

Except that with this AA, if you log off with your pet unsuspended, you have 30 minutes to remember and log back in and suspend it at least.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

bham

If we got an AA that let us keep warders with buffs and equipment when we logged there would be a few problems.

I have a spare dedgerexs flintforged cudgel sitting in my mages bank.

Any high-end raiders ever have ED rot?........
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

neight

Quote from: bhamAny high-end raiders ever have ED rot?........

/gu pets do not use no drop items. they are destroyed. (this is a hotkey)

I actually pull that out every time we hit Seru.  :wink:

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Dakat

As the game changed so did a lot of things.  Just saying that this sucks is wrong. I think you are porbably mad since you cant boost your pet with buffs and items in PoK then run to where you want to fight and go to town.  Not to long ago and after POP came out, no matter where you went you had to make your pet where you were fighting at.  We have come real far from what we had. Be glad you got what we got now and not dwell on the things you wish you had.  Who knows we might get that next exansion.

Bengali

Quote from: bhamIf we got an AA that let us keep warders with buffs and equipment when we logged there would be a few problems.

I have a spare dedgerexs flintforged cudgel sitting in my mages bank.

We do get an aa like that.  Persistent minion will let you keep your warder with buffs and equipment when you log.  You only have to suspend it first.

FYI, your warder will keep no rent equipment while it is suspended also (if you have this AA), and it will  still have that equipment when you unsuspend it when you log back on.   This is true unless some last minute changes were made after beta that no one found out about.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"