Recast Time: 120
Range: 100
Time of Day: Any  
Target Type: Self
Spell Type: Beneficial
Source: Test 01/31

Classes: None
Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 5 ticks @L5

AA changed, doubt reuse time is 2mins or will cost 600 mana though.
Tarsq of Test

Tastian

Sigh am I the only that thinks they need to decide if BA is going to be an uber fast buff like frenzy or if it's going to be an illusion buff?  I mean seriously 5 ticks now.  I like the effect, but again you run into the shrink issue.  People that want an illusion won't buy this for 5 ticks of illusion every 10? 20? 30? mins and people that want an additonal boost to burst dps are going to be annoyed with the illusion.  *shrugs*  I kept saying it was early, but it isn't early anymore.  There are a *LOT* of great ideas out there on what to do with this, but they don't seem to be getting it atm imo.  If it's a burst disc type of thing then the illusion better not grow you or remove shrink and better not unshrink you when it fades (which every other illusion I know of does).   Bleh I give up I'll go feral swipe and weapon affinity and just leave BA till after 600AA spent lol.

Grymlok

Hrm.. I wonder how damaging it would be to activate this and Bestial Fury at the same time...

The Berserker: Foecussed

Pojodan

Oh.. ugh... no.. please... I hope and pray this is NOT the final version of BA... as stated above it will either be disappointing for it's duration or disappointing for it's illusion.
Granted activating this and BF will equal a massive damage output for half a minute, but the sheer hassle of reshrinking afterwards and the lack of sustainability of the illusion just makes me sigh.

Personally I'm all for it being basically mana-free Ferocity with an illusion.. if I get sick of the illusion I just cast Fero instead...   Forcing us to use it as a DPS burst ability that leaves us huge at the end will end up being about as noteworthy as Frenzy of Spirit.

=IF= they make it so that the spell doubleshrinks you once it wears off then it would earn a spot among my main 10 hotkeys.. in this form at least.

Konji

I must say i have tried out Beastial Frenzy 3 , I love the new effect.
BUT, (always a but isnt there) the reuse time it WAY to long.

IMO, given the effect anything longer than 30 min reuse would make it not worth it. If they could change re-use to 20-30min tops, this would be a worthwhile AA.

Urim

Breaking the NDA lalala Breaking the NDA lalala
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Aldur

This is like a second damage disc, given typical melee of around 80-90dps - thats increase in damage of 2.4-2.7k damage.  Very nice but 2 hours is indeed too long.

Compare this aa to FoS which is far less useful (though ofcourse a nice combo or if no haste on) or to the ranger version they got with pop (many people said they would kill for an overhaste aa, yet without a doubt this is far more damaging).

At the end of the day its increased dps and that is no bad thing.  It would be nice if they fixed illusions and shrink though.

Vorph

The Ranger one, Guardian of the Forest, kicks ass--I used to box a ranger last year and the skill was extremely useful at Lvl 3.  It's 15% overhaste and 140 ATK, lasting 8 ticks (+SCR3).  Reuse timer is 15 minutes.

In comparison, our FoS and BA (as it currently stands), even combined, are utter garbage.

Morganti

how they could fix it

split the AAs into two seperate things

the three tiered part, no illusion, decent duration, level based upgrades
moderate recast time

and then a simple peram illusion warder aa like the elemental form aas
with like an AGI boost or somethin

but that would fix 90% of the complaints i have seen about it

~D~

Choppin

I'd go with a 1/5th of the current effect for it being permanent / toggle.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Bengali

My understanding is that this will stack with our damage disc so I don't think it will ever be on a really short timer.  If it was we could basically use it in conjunction with Bestial Fury Discipline most if not all of the time, and we'd be killing machines.

EDIT:  I am not arguing what the timer should be, I'm just making a *prediction* that the reuse won't ever be short enough to be used alongside the disc most of the time.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tommba

Quotesplit the AAs into two seperate things

the three tiered part, no illusion, decent duration, level based upgrades
moderate recast time

and then a simple peram illusion warder aa like the elemental form aas
with like an AGI boost or somethin

but that would fix 90% of the complaints i have seen about it

Make it so! Even if it as a hefty AA investment each this would be a sensible answer. We then have the toy when we want to play and the functional side when we mean business.
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Llorath

What i want to see from bestial alignment disc :

1. Maintainable Illusion.

If it has an illusion at all, i want to be able to STAY in that illusion if i buy the AA for it.  The reuse time / duration should be like 1 hour duration, 30 minute reuse or some such.

2. Minor stat boosts

Something along the lines of Frenzy ( the spell ), or the upgrade we dont currently get.  For reference :

Level 49 Frenzy :

Frenzy  Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data  

Slot Description
3:  Increase AC by 7 (L19) to 10 (L40)
5:  Increase AGI by 19 (L19) to 25 (L30)
6:  Increase STR by 19 (L19) to 28 (L52)
7:  Increase DEX by 25

Or

Level 34 shaman spell fury :

Fury  Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data  

Slot Description
3:  Increase AC by 12 (L34) to 15 (L50)
5:  Increase AGI by 35
6:  Increase STR by 27 (L34) to 35 (L50)
7:  Increase DEX by 35

Add 2,5, 10 Percent OVERHASTE to it, for levels 1-2-3 respectively.  

So i end up with an illusion i can maintain ( much like rangers ), that provides stat boosts for people who havent maxxed stats yet but are high level ( shoot me, i still use frenzy to max my stats /shrug ), AND a slight overhaste for more uber people.

The AA then becomes useful for all, but not terribly overpowering (10 percent overhaste shouldnt be considered overpowering, because a bard can provide more, and make this overhaste sit in same slot as bard haste for balance reasons ).

The duration means we can stay illusioned if we choose ( thus differentiating us from people who dont have the AA.. and in MMRPG's looking different is important ), the over haste means hardcore raiders / min maxers have something to help them in most groups / raids, the long duration deals with the shrink issue, and the stat boosts help all but the most uber free a slot from casting frenzy ( again, would like to see a slight upgrade.. mabye use the stats from fury ).

Thats what i would like anyway.

--Elder Llorath

gungo ninescullz

or they could add shrink x2 to end of duration thus reshrinkin ya when it wears off would be fine. that should also solve the shrink issue as was posted before.

Tastian

Llorath I agree that if it's an illusion it should be maintainable.  Otherwise it simply causes issues.  If it's got a sustainable illusion people will buy it just for that alone.  However, if it's a burst dps type of AA then the illusion is simply a problem and not wanted.  I would prefer a sustainable illusion AA, however, in it's current form I'd rather illusion be removed from this AA, which to me defeats the purpose as this is an illusion AA.  Tons of other AA's to boost dmg/stats/etc, but this is the only one to grant bst an illusion currently.

Also, stats are capped for a lot of bst, especially at the point where they'll have BA, so frenzy like stats doesn't do much but add a few AC.  Over-haste is pretty crazy and I can't really see that on it, but I did give it some thought.  I think a proc, mana regen like mage water, atk, whatever could all work.  This doesn't even need to be a three tiered skill.  It could simply be 9AA for a one rank skill that gives illusion on a sustainable timer and gives whatever bonuses.