Main Menu

Bestial Alignment changes on Lucy

Started by Tarsq, January 31, 2004, 01:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

I'd bet lots of pp that many people who buy this aa as a Vah Shir will be glad it's not sustainable after fighting with it.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  :)

As for the costs, that's a separate issue, GoD is going to have lots of high cost aa because aa is faster to get now and the devs don't want people to have bought everything within a week.

When looking at aa costs, it almost doesn't make sense to try to compare them to other aa's from earlier expansions -- the scale is just totally different.  Comparining them to other aa's from this expansion is more accurate.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lukna

Quote from: Bengali
Quote from: LuknaSo who's feedback are they listening to to make these changes? It's definately not mine.

Anyone else in beta suggest such a ridiculous change to Bestial Alignemnt?

Wasn't me.

My feedback consisted of me letting them know that the reuse time is WAY to long, and believe me, it's WAY WAY too long and that the duration was too short. I reminded them of the comparable Ranger aa and that the reuse time on it was much shorter.

So who told them to that the duration was too long?

Or... Are they ignoring the feedback that they asked us to provide?

...nor does it mean that it was a tester's idea either....

EXACTLY!

Tytallia

My feedbacks on Beta about BA have all been to make this 2 seperate AAs, 1 long term Illusion with no bonuses and 1 burst DPS. The illusion AA would need to be long term because if it is made 15-30 minute duration I still need to cast shrink that often. When you refresh an illusion it resets your size again. The current version would be fine minus the illusion and long re-use time, say 45-60 minutes.

Even better just make a self-only illusion warder spell with SoW as it's only bonus. Level 15 or 22 and outdoor usable only. 5 versions, 1 for each race. SOE has proven they can do this, AAs and spells are basically the same according to the game AFAIK.

Murkk Dakruul

How about they just make Frenzy of spirit not suck instead of giving us more burst DPS AA's?. That way when my RL says "go offensive!" I don't have to hit 7 hotkeys...

:roll:

We have a burst DPS AA already. Make this fero+illusion with a long duration and be done with it. I don't want big upgrades to our power level, all I want is something cool/fun.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Mahes

The thing that's been bothering me lately is that when you look at our class-specific AAs according to the Test information, we get 2 AA sets for our pet that have been available to other classes in some form(if I recall correctly), a broken AA that is a weak form of a Monk innate skill(remember the SoL manual that said BSTs had special attacks?), and a completely worthless AA for the effect vs. cost.

What ever happened to those class specific AAs we were get back in Luclin?  Now we're getting even more rehashed crap.  Personally I'd rather have more of the multi-class, useful AAs than Feral Swipe and BA.

And they haven't even bothered to replace Icey Grasp with something else.

/feedback just seems to be going in one ear and out the other.

Bengali

Quote from: Mahes
What ever happened to those class specific AAs we were get back in Luclin?  Now we're getting even more rehashed crap.  Personally I'd rather have more of the multi-class, useful AAs than Feral Swipe and BA.

And they haven't even bothered to replace Icey Grasp with something else.

If you would rather have multi-class useful aa's, then what's your complaint?  The multi-class ones we get are pretty good.  

As for replacing Icy Grasp -- actually, they replaced it with two-multi class, useful aa's that we didn't have before they took it out, and that you said you'd rather have than a crappy bst specific one (and Icy Grasp was exactly that).

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Mahes

That wasn't my point.  :P

I'm not complaing about the multi-class ones we have, though DoT crits are fairly worthless considering the duration of our high dmg DoTs, or the lack of dmg from the high duration one.

Anyway, my point was that once again we're getting generic AAs.  My point about Icey Grasp was that originally they were going to give us a class-specific AA, but instead of trying to make it something worth a crap, they scrapped it and added 2 generic ones.

Honestly, I have no massive complaints about what we get.  All-in-all they're nice.  But there's nothing class-defining.  Nothing that you can buy and say "OMG look what I can do."  I mean...look at rogues for example.  Triple backstab.  Hello....they just took their biggest offensive skill and upped it considerably.  THAT is class-defining.  Turning into a cat for 30 seconds so I can hit twice is hard, and try not throw up from the up and down attack motions...it's not really class-defining since it's essentially the ranger AA with another form of bestial frenzy mixed in.

Maybe I am complaining, but is it really so bad to want something unique instead of hand-me-downs and broken, re-hashed AAs?

Vecsus

i love the idea of DoT crits.  True, our primary DoTs are short duration but they make up for it with higher damage than a longer duration DoT (like plague).  If the fight is long enough just recast it.

Losing Icy Grasp would not bother me.  Pet proc root seemed goofy to begin with.  I can't really imagine a good use for it.  Mob gets rooted and you do what?  Move back and let is hammer on pet?  We can do that now.  Back pet off and nuke?  Will break root.  Move back and DoT would be plausible but not very mana or time efficient.  If it were a long duration root then it might be handy for medding up while a DoT does its work but nothing i would see using often.  Look how often Hobble gets used.  (I'm one of the dorks that got it right away and regretted it.  Decent AA if you have spare points to burn but nothing anyone NEEDS to have).
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Bengali

Quote from: MahesThat wasn't my point.  :P

Anyway, my point was that once again we're getting generic AAs.  My point about Icey Grasp was that originally they were going to give us a class-specific AA, but instead of trying to make it something worth a crap, they scrapped it and added 2 generic ones.

Maybe I am complaining, but is it really so bad to want something unique instead of hand-me-downs and broken, re-hashed AAs?

Those are perfectly valid concerns/complaints, but they aren't consistent with what you said, is all.  You said than rather than have a half-assed, useless bst-specific AA (as examples you used Feral Swipe and BA), you'd prefer to have useful multi-class ones.  Maybe you didn't mean it, but that is what you wrote.

Icy Grasp was a half-assed, useless bst-specific aa (it was a super-crappy version of the mage earth pet proc, and many mages actually hate that proc).  They replaced it with multi-class ones.

Would it have been better if they replaced it with a "good" bst-specific one?  Of course.  But if you're going to argue that it's better to give good multi-class aa's than really bad class ones when talking about Feral Swipe and BA, then it's fair to recognize that at least they did EXACTLY that with respect to Icy Grasp.

Choppin

Mages get some nice pet AAs like shared health.. and something to increase the defense of their pets.

/auction WTT icegrasp for shared health :)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Nalitra

I don't like the sound of the new BA.  If it was just a burst DPS AA with no illusion, I would buy it.  As it stands, the illusion part will make it a pain in the neck.  

If they made it pure illusion, I still wouldn't buy it because I have no desire to look like my warder.  

But, trying to please both camps is not gonna work.  Make it one or the other.  Go full illusion or drop illusion and go full burst AA.  

What ever they do with BA, in the end, I won't care.  Nobody can make me buy it if it is not what I want.  With the addition of Crit dot AA, the warder AA's, and Sinister Strike, I am happy with our up and coming AA's (if they stay as is).  I'm just happy icy grasp is gone.  ;)

Each one of our new AA's (forgetting about BA for the moment entirely) taken by itself, isn't much.  But, put the whole package together, along with the new spells, and it creates a nicely rounded, more powerful beastlord.  

Sure, there are a few things I would have liked to have seen, but, we have to leave something for the next expansion.  

Nalitra