Main Menu

PETITION IDEA - Bestial Alignment

Started by totania, February 18, 2004, 02:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totania

Here's an idea I've been batting around in my head a bit, and many of the below stats will look familiar to those that followed the Lucy parses for Bestial Alignment.  Whatever happens, this AA needs a change because I know I am not alone in saying I will only buy this POS AA when I have *nothing* else to buy.

Aquaman Lungs (that new aa from god, don't know it's name) > Bestial Alignment in it's current form.

Suggested Change
-----------------------
Bestial Alignment III
1: Illusion: Based on Warder Type
5: Increase STA by 50
7: Increase ATK by 180
8: Increase All Resists by 75
Duration: Until Zone
Reuse: 1h 12m
Minimum Level to Buy: 65

Bestial Alignment II
5: Increase STA by 35
7: Increase ATK by 130
8: Increase All Resists by 55
Minimum Level to Buy: 62

Bestial Alignment I
5: Increase STA by 20
7: Increase ATK by 75
8: Increase All Resists by 35
Minimum Level to Buy: 58

Some of you may now be thinking.  "Damn, tot is crazy, that'd be huge because it would last until you zoned/died/dispelled/etc."

I ask you all this.  How often do you NOT have Ferocity permacast on you right now?  I'd be willing to bet that if you have the spell, it's on you if you are about to get into a fight, or are already in a fight.

The increased stats are there because this is an expensive AA, so there should be some small benefit, but honestly, I'd buy this AA even if it had the exact same stats as Ferocity.

The reuse timer is long because you are getting ferocity, or slightly better than ferocity, for the entire time you stay in the zone.  This adds risk of having it dispelled, being removed by death, etc, but I think the risk is appropriate for the benefit.

Thoughts?

Member of Night Eternal

Daarr

This would best be submitted as a feedback not a petition. They'll just delete it without thought if you petition it.
Daarr
Shards of Time
Saryrn Server

DiosT

1) they do not want beastlords to have a perm. warder illusion...
2) They changed BA off Ferocity for a reason (They dont want to give us another free 'ferocity'), nor do they want us stacking ferocity-like effects

This was discussed by beastlords in beta & the developers for months.. the final result of the AA is the result... Remeber that the ferocity like effects were -MAINLY- placeholding the ability, and they didn't really think about the AA's ferocity-like effects until mid-beta

Tastian

Thing is fero costs mana.  Even with 45% duration you are talking about ~FT6, without ~FT10.  Also with fero on me that's one less person I can fero.  For a group of 6 that means this AA adds 180atk, 50sta, saves, etc to the group.  There's no way I can see BA adding a perma fero type of effect.  If it did it'd have to cost a lot of AA, even more than rank three currently costs imo.  I would like to see something done to make the AA more worthwhile, especially considering it's one of the few class AA's we get.  Sinister and weapon affinity are both being taken way ahead of FS/BA atm.  *shrugs*  BA has been discussed for so long and feedback'd I don't know how many times and it still went live as it was.  I'd love to see them make it into a more workable AA that was actually somewhat desireable.  I don't even mean 1st AA or even first 10.  Just something you do look for and want, not something you look at and sneer.

Hrann

Besides I DO NOT want a permanent illusion.  Every beastlord will run around looking like an animal all the time, I don't like the idea of that at all.

However, I do agree that if this is what the final result of the AA is, those developers would have been better off just shorting us the AA.  All this AA does is make people upset that they bought something so completely useless.

Tastian

Sadly it's what happens when you try to please everyone and people with very different ideas/play styles.  The illusion was very much a "fun"/"casual" type of thing.  The dmg boost and spell resist (anyone had this work yet? hehe) is very much raiding oriented.  Losing shrink, short duration, view point, etc the skill atm pisses off almost everyone hehe.  In it's current form illusion is just a burdon.  The refresh is still a bit out of wack imo too, but *shrugs*.  I'll give it another couple weeks and then we'll see what SoE is doing to possibly tune certain things.  If it got all the way through beta and wound up like this it's very unlikely we'll see much of a change at this point, but can still hope.

Morganti

i would honestly rather them kept BA as it is, then force people to be in warder form all the time

better version to please everyone

keep BA as it is but remove the illusion and have the levels also decrease the reuse, so its down to 30 minutes at level 3

add a new AA
Warders Form 9AA
Perma Illusion Warder
Takes up no buff slot,
Insta Cast, on and off clicky

GrocGatorland

I would have been happier if this was just a perma illusion that costs about 6 and has no benefical effects.  That way if you wanna look like your pet cool if you don't then don't.  At least some people would still like it.
Groc Gatorland
Troll Gator Lord
Furious Pantaloons
Solusek Ro

thukthuk and gator

I agree with removing the illusion part of this AA to a new seperate AA.  As it is now, its just annoying to have to reshink during a raid after a few ticks of marginally higher DPS.  Moving the ilussion to a new AA would probably go a long way to make both camps of players happier.

On a side note, dying while BA is running is kinda fun.   I was the only gator corpse on our VZ raid in Time last night =)
Thukthuk and Baron Gator <Arete> E'ci Server

Thuky's Gear

totania

Quote from: DaarrThis would best be submitted as a feedback not a petition. They'll just delete it without thought if you petition it.

Dude.  Email petition.  =P  /feedback gets you nowhere.

Quote from: HrannBesides I DO NOT want a permanent illusion.  Every beastlord will run around looking like an animal all the time, I don't like the idea of that at all.

Not with the recast timer being 1h12m they won't.  Zoning would kill the illusion.

Member of Night Eternal

Skanda

I don't really want a premant illusion either. I would be more happy if they did one of two things. Either bump the duration up a bit (maybe a minute or two tops) or reduce the reuse timer to 30ish minutes.

Jkal_Shihar

you use to play a ranger didnt ya  :wink:

seriously though, i think i understand what totania is trying to achieve. most rangers i know use wolf form for the extra attack and the form lasts 1hour give or take.
along with the increase atk boost, it puts em in faster sow speed, ultravision (for the blind ones :) ).
course all the barking, going through the target while fighting and getting you cant see your target cause of it was why i stopped using it on my ranger cept for the sow part of it.
BA is a good skill but they need to really sit and look at closer and everyone's feedback on how to make it better.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Bheran

Boy.. I'm scared to post this, but:

I don't think it's all that terrible for the first level, considering for a measly 3 aa's you get a novelty aa that has some use (marginally better damage in case you don't have your offensive disc available). Shrink is seriously not all that big of a deal.

My suggestion would be in lowering the reuse a bit for every level earned. As it is, I won't purchase the other levels until after some of the other GoD aa's, but the first level (IMHO) is not the complete piece of crap it's been made out to be.

I just hate that I look like a ranger-dog instead of my warder.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Bengali

I like to pop BA right before a long break (like logging) and that way I don't notice the timer at all since it will reset while I'm offline or doing something else.  For 3 aa's (level 1) it's not terrible, especially for a 50% damage boost.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Konji

I think the AA is just fine as it is just needs a shorter reuse time 20-30 min. And id buy all 3 levels.
Which i prob will anyway but id buy all 3 levels sooner :)