Main Menu

Icy Grasp

Started by Fistinyereyes, February 21, 2004, 08:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerjynPovar

With the same gear we generally out-DPS monks?  Bull, that's exactly the kind of misinformation people spread about beastlords in order to make us appear better than we are.

And I totally disagree that it's because we are overpowered that we didn't get Icy Grasp.

I'd say we didn't get Icy Grasp because it was useless, and had no redeeming qualities at all.  At least Bestial Alignment allows people who want to to look like their warder on occasion, which some people like.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Konji

So stopping a mob completely from running is completely useless?
But looking like your stupid pet isn't?
*Hey look at me in a big smelly animal!*

CillianFV

Anyone else find it even slightly amusing that the only class SOE has ever successfully balanced without upsetting it's players, is an "abomination"?

:wink:
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

TerjynPovar

Having played a Magician for a while, relying on a Root proc from a pet is just...well, ok.  Not useless.  Worse than Hobble of Spirits in pretty much every circumstance though.  Snare >> Root given that a pet can pet root a mob already.

Hey, I personally don't like Bestial Alignment at all.  Some people like to look like their pet.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Rhaynne

QuoteThe designers have already stated that the beastlord is an abomination to EQ and that is the reason we are not in EQ2.

When and where was this stated?

Ghoat

Quote from: Rhaynne
QuoteThe designers have already stated that the beastlord is an abomination to EQ and that is the reason we are not in EQ2.

When and where was this stated?

Read it on the internet, it must be true!

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Tipop

1. The designers never said any such thing.

2. I'm very glad we got Critical Affliction and Sinister Strike instead of Icy Grasp. Those are both much better AAs.

http://www.shootingiron.com/tipop/notherkrag.jpg" width="500" height="200" border="0" usemap="#nothermap">"Furyhttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/fury">"Tipop'shttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/">"Kraggan'shttp://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=120506&resize=true">

Kaarraj

Quote from: KaarrajThe designers have already stated that the beastlord is an abomination to EQ and that is the reason we are not in EQ2.

I was mistaken on saying this.  I read, awhile back, on the other board, under a post on EQ2, that some guy was claiming that he knew a designer who told him that.  I just reread that old post.  It had been awhile since I read that post and was mistaken when I stated it as fact.  

I apologize.
Kaarraj - 65 - Beastlord - Tarew Marr

Kilantiz Kylong

Quote from: Tipop2. I'm very glad we got Critical Affliction and Sinister Strike instead of Icy Grasp. Those are both much better AAs.
/agree
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

cougerofeq

Quote from: Kaarraj

Look at the Berzerker.  They SUCK!!!  Why?  Because the previous class that they made (bst) was way to overpowering and they did not want to make something that was going to make Rangers, Rogues, and Warriors seem like little girls.  

Actually BST were just as lame when they came out. It was so bad many guilds didn't even want them. But they were enhanced over time(alot of it) and have become a desired class. I dont see how they could be overpowered since they were so slowly enhanced over such a long time.

Its just class envy from some of the same folks who laughed at us a year ago. Now we have value/playability and noone is laughing anymore. Shamans can solo like no tommorow, chanters can DC pets that make ours look weak.... see we can all play that game.

Having played my BST since release, I can tell you it wasnt that long ago that BST were laughed at by almost everyone else. I sure feel I payed plenty of dues and have the right to enjoy the class I have suffered through.  I didnt even try the BER class as I don't think I can go through that process again.

Kitana

Quote from: cougerofeq

Actually BST were just as lame when they came out. It was so bad many guilds didn't even want them. But they were enhanced over time(alot of it) and have become a desired class. I dont see how they could be overpowered since they were so slowly enhanced over such a long time.

Its just class envy from some of the same folks who laughed at us a year ago. Now we have value/playability and noone is laughing anymore. Shamans can solo like no tommorow, chanters can DC pets that make ours look weak.... see we can all play that game.

Having played my BST since release, I can tell you it wasnt that long ago that BST were laughed at by almost everyone else. I sure feel I payed plenty of dues and have the right to enjoy the class I have suffered through.  I didnt even try the BER class as I don't think I can go through that process again.

I would have to agree that for a long time Beastlords were not looked upon in much favor.  I think part of why that has changed is because of improvements made, but probably moreso that people finally started grouping with people who could play the class and realized what we could do.