Main Menu

Alternate Advancement Window Counting fast?

Started by Bananea, March 12, 2004, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bananea

Having a problem with Alternate Advancement Window displaying my abilities as READY and when I go to use them, the hotkey is "READY" but when I use it, it will say that I have about 1:30 left to use Paragon and don't know on Frenzy of Spirits.

I think it is also happening with my disciplines...

Can anyone confirm, recreate this issue?

Thanks

Lizsolo

Been noticing that with Paragon lately  Button is ready, but about 30 seconds too soon.
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Kendaga

This one sounds familiar to me.  I'm one of those former monks who now has a beastlord as thier main.  I seem to remember hitting mend and getting a similar message.  After the message, I could not use mend till it popped again.  The problem was due to the fact that my server and my comp were not quite in synch.  The mend message would come up on my comp before the server recongnized that my mend skill had refressed.  Might be a place to start looking, or maybe I'm clueless.

Tastian

nah you aren't clueless that's pretty accurate about the monk thing.  My favorite though was getting messages like you must wait 848922 seconds before you can mend again.  For a skill with a base reuse of 6 minutes that seems a bit much don't ya think? 8P  

It's possible that things are a bit out of sync, but I'm not really sure.  I almost never check the window I just have timing down in my head and push as pops.  I will pay more attention, but atm this isn't something I've run into.

Knaw

Didn't the mend thing had something to do with local CPU time too far off from real time (like wrong month or year)? I think the other reuse timer issues had the same reason. If that's the case you might want to use the NTP function in the 'Date and Time Properties' -> 'Internet Time' window (you can find a list of public NTP servers using Google) when you are running WinXP, or install a free NTP client when using older versions of Windows. This will sync your local clock with a time server and keep it accurate (and the clock should usually not be off too much between syncs).
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal