Main Menu

AA path Advice

Started by Vidyne, March 26, 2004, 08:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

65 Feral Lord in a social guild that raids.
Have exactly 100aa now and my magelo is at the bottom here -3 aa I have banked atm.

My path was:

Run3
Metab3
SCR3
Paragon
BF5
SM2
MGB
Pet Crit1(mistake)
Pet Flurry1(mistake)
Pet Disc
ND3
Hobble
CA3
CS1
PE
LR5
MC1
Regen3
CS3
WAffinity1
ID5
Ambidex
CF1
Frenzy of Spirits
Pet Crit5

and somewhere New Tanaan1 for Brewing.
Have all spells except the 2 lesser calliavs and Flame
Have DPoC

im thinking of these in no real order next on my list:

Sinister Strikes
Pet Affinity
Mend Companion
Innate Resists
PP5
Run5
Pet Flurry5

Choppin

Frenzy of Spirits is a nice AA,

can give the needed dps boost in a tough solo situation and / or goes well along with the damage disc
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Knaw

I did all defensive AAs first before i started to get my offensive ones (except BF, that i got first actually). My guild sounds much like yours (family type but raiding), so when the chanters and shamans slept in again i am main slower, even more in ldons, so getting aggro is expected (i leave the slowing-at-50% to the chanters  :lol: ).
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Tastian

I'd decide what you want then decide how to get it.  For instance do you want to do defense, offense, or utility?  If you do defense and finish off CS/ID since you already did PE you'll basically be done defensive AA's.  It's a nice boost, but perhaps you are ready to do offensive ones.  If that's the case I'd look at how you play and where your damage comes from.  Look at the two offensive AA comparisons and decide what's best for you.  You need ambi to get sinister, but if you are sure you'll be a DW'r then ambi + sinister is a nice boost.  Warder's alacrity falls off after rank 3 from a point to effect ratio standpoint.  After 3 you are better off getting warder's fury for dps boost.  SCF3 is really nice, especially on raids or dps in groups, but again depends on your style.  As for utility frenzy of spiritis is really nice.  Good boost to damage, especially short term, quick enough refresh to be fun and fairly cheap.  MC1 is a great deal too.  After grinding out LR+PE maybe you'll just want to snipe random AA's like frenzy, MC1, weapon affinity one, etc before setting up to do bigger cost stuff like ambi/sinister, etc.

Vidyne

on pet crit1 and flurry1 btw... by mistake I mean getting them that early.
Thank you all so far for your suggestions.

Basically im wondering whether to hit ambi+SS, CS3+ID, Pet Affinity, or start doing resists or mend companion is why I made this thread, I just dont know which I want...

Pet Affinity is nice, Defense is always nice but is CS3+ID5 as noticeable as LR5 is?  Ambi and SS are needed, but I dont really want to do them.  Resists are needed but see ambi + SS.  Mend ive heard alot of good about, but not sure how useful besides raids, and I dont really have a spot for it on my 1st hotkey sheet.

I group in BoT, Tactics, HoH(am sometimes the MA here with 65 mag and 65 chanter and whatever else we can pull together tho us 3 can trio our camp and do pretty well 1aa per 1.5hr)
Still have lots of LDoNs to do also.
We raid Tier1 & 2 and sometimes 3
I solo in BoT, PoJ, and PoN depending on whats open.

flush

LR5 before PE,

once you knock those 2 out, get PP5 then Ambidex, then either Sinister Strikes or Pet Affinity (both but pick any order)

CS3 + ID5 don't do very much. If you choose Mend Companion at some point, go all the way and get hastened mending maxed out too. otherwise, getting a pet lay hands every 30 mins is pretty sucky.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Vidyne

already had got PE by time of post, dont think it matters too much... maybe a little... but PE seemed good to buy, and LR5 will be the very next one I get.

Working on LR5 now, 15aa to go.
Then I get to decide :)

Tastian

Pet affinity is mainly good when you are 1) with a bard 2) Getting AE heals  With how you say you play and the raids you mention I'm really not sure 20AA on pet affinity is that efficent for you.  However, it's about fun/style/personal choice.  I am very glad I have my defensive AA's maxed and simply can't improve.  I tanked a lot though both solo and in groups/LDoN's.  The difference is quite noticeable.  There's a lot of tier 1 trash now that doesn't do enough damage to offset my regen currently.  Ambi and SS are nice boosts to offense, but only for DW so make sure you are going that route before you drop 24 AA into it.  Warders fury/alacirty is decent and kinda fun.  Mend companion get's really good with HM3, but that's 11 AA.  Basically you've got most of the big stuff and I think you should either snipe various 2-6 points things you like to keep it fresh and fun for you like MC, more warders fury, Frenzy of spirits, mend companion, etc.  Or start saving up toward big AA things that are nice boosts, but can take a bit to get like ambi/sinister/pet affinity.  As always do what you want first, but I'd probably go ID or ambi depending on just how much you play in certain situations (tank/dps).

Hrann

You followed a very similar path as me.  I basically decided at your point that I could really use some more defense since my gear wasn't great and I was tanking/offtanking a lot.  So I went and finished CS3 and am currently working on ID - at ID3 atm.  I do feel that there is a noticable difference from before I started working the mitigation stuff.

I did stop and pick up MC1 though, since it was so cheap for a great effect.  After I'm done with these last 2 ranks of ID, I can rest easy that I am fully defensed up and I will go back to finishing up some offense stuff.

First up will be Ambi.  Then will come a few ranks of Warder's Alacrity mixed in with Weapon Affinity and maybe the first couple ranks of Warder's Fury.

Others high on my list to get are MC2 and 3 and Sinister Strikes.  Pet mend and hastened mending used to be up there, but I just don't find much need to heal my pet anymore, so I'm reevaluating that AA.

Vidyne

Wanna thank you all for your suggestions.
Now have LR1 and almost LR2 and moving along slower than before since im busy during the day, but you gave me some good ideas.

*edit*
Up to LR3 now, thinking Pet Affinity then resists if I get a haste item, because I have a good 2hb now and my H2Hs are kinda gimpy...  so ill hold off on ambi/SS if I get a haste item.  After resists or pet affinity I will get Mend Companion AA set or might get it before, im not sure.

Somewhere in there ill get MC1.
I dont want to get PP5 yet because I barely hit 280 on every stat with full buffs and wouldnt be much to me if I cant get 305 sta to get PP5.

Tastian

Glad to hear.  There are some points where the AA's slow down because of work or play or whatever.  Also times when you don't want to save up those last few AA's for some big buy.  However, sometimes you just stop and look at your AA window and realize what you already have and that it's done and that it is now a part of your character and it's such a great feeling.  I MGB'd paragon the other day and smiled as I realized how the time I put into MGB, paragon, SCR was now being used and helping others.  It can defintly drag at times, but once you look back at it you can smile and feel good about it.

Vidyne

Got LR5 and MC1, now gotta really decide, thank you all for the suggestions, probably going pet affinity as I group with bards alot, but I may go resists or ambi or ID5 still..

Tastian

imo your resists are decent.  Throw in fero, buffs, bards that you are usually with and I just can't see putting points into resists yet.  Ambi is a nice boost if you DW, pet affinity is great if you are in the right situation.  ID is good too, definetly a lot of choices still and things to get still.

Vidyne

Keep coming back asking for advice...

At first I really thought I wanted pet affinity.... and alot of the non-pet classes say for me to get it... however the pet classes in our guild seem to think its not worth it.... since we dont do those big raids yet where it would be beneficial and my pet has never died on a raid besides grummus or MB yet...

I am 1aa from ID5, and have gotten Weapon affinity1 and MC1 since my last post a while ago.

I am considering Pet affinity... but not sure how useful it will be.
I am considering Run5 just for running pains... but not sure on its usefulness either..
Considering Ambidexterity, just dont want to sink 9aa into it.  I know itll help, but it just doesnt sparkle like pet affinity does... I dunno.
Considering Warder Alarcity and Warder Fury but they are a decent sink in AA, and not sure how much of a real increase in dps.
Considering Weapon Affinity 2 or 3, maybe even 5.

Still dont think ill get resists or Mend companion quite yet... dont think  i need them.

Also considering Mental Clarity3 for even more mana regen, but my mana regen is good atm with FT11 and MC1... I dont think MC3 would benefit me as much as say... a bstlord with FT1 and MC1.

Just wanting some more thoughts if any willing to still comment.

Also updated the first post to reflect my AAs

Tastian

I comment too much lol.

-  I still stand by the fact that if you really should have pet affinity it'd scream at you and you'd go right for it.  In decision or seeing 20 points as a lot for it says to me that you aren't getting nearly the most out of it (ae heals, bard, etc).  I'd definetly put this off for awhile

-  MC is nice, every rank costs more for same return, but I always found 1&2 to be worthwhile and just kinda hesitated on the third.

-  Ambi is very nice, especially if you are going down the hth route, that will also open up SS so you have more questions to ask!!

-  Weapon affinity just depends on what you have.  Like warder's alacrity it scales up in cost and gives a steady return, so even if WeAf 1-3 is a good deal for you, then 4&5 might be something to hold off on.  

-  I like warder's fury personally.  It's cheap, it stays at 3, it gives a good boost, and it's actually better dps to aa point ratio than wader's alacrity after 3 or 4 (I forget it's in the god offensive AA comparision thread in this forum).

-  Run 5 is kinda bleh, it's still slower than sow and way slower than a horse so if you are outside (where tons of your running is) then you really get much out of it unless you are too lazy to take 10 seconds to sow yourself.  An option, but again it's return is pretty minor and kinda intangible, verse dps boosts you have ahead of you.

-  Resists I'd put off for awhile if I were you.

-  Pet mend is a bit like pet affinity and you just don't seem to be needing it yet.  Also most once they finally buy pet mend drop 6 more points right into hastened mending.  HM is great, but if mend is only so/so for you then it's not really where you want to go.  I'd say stay away from it until you are ready to drop all 11 points into it.

That covers just about everything I saw you mention.  If you want numbers on any of the GoD AA skills there's a thread in this section called something like god offensive aa comparision.  Some like weapon affinity will vary based on what you are using and also keep an eye out for the big scalers (WeAf goes up to 10 for last rank, WaAl goes up to 15 for last rank).  Any more specific questions fire away anytime.  I talk too much as it, some of it might as well have a chance at being useful.  *shrugs*