Main Menu

OoW AA's?

Started by Bheran, May 18, 2004, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bheran

On EQlive's forums, the question has been posed as to what we as a class think should be pursued in the ways of AA's.

So, I thought I'd bring that question here.

What do you all want to see?

Most everyone who's posted there has mentioned upping our double attack aa so far.

I'd love to see that, and some more aa's centerd on the pet, but not sure how to approach it at this point. Any ideas?
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Vidyne

well you dont want to hear my opinion....
I just want pet shrink working again...

Other than that... I feel that GoD AAs havent even had time to be fully tested yet.... and therefore there will be alot of unbalance still with them.... that needs tinkkering...

I feel this expansion should be delayed another 3months

Tastian

I'd like fury of magic and swarm pet AAs.  More double attack is ok.  I actually like how beastlords are a bit different and get more dps from non-melee and procs and stuff.  I'd like to see more AA's to help procs, pet, nukes, etc personally.

Gnarlena

I think I mentioned this preference in another thread but will bring it up again.  I would like to see an AA titled call of the pack which would bring a swarm of wolves to attack a single target.  Yes this is just like the other pet classes but gives us an animal "swarm" to assist us.  I would also like to see an indoor/outdoor eye of zomm that gives us a hawk outdoors and a rat indoors that would scout for us.

It would be a reach for our EQ hosts, but I would be willing to earn a lot of AA's to get various levels of tracking.

Finally, as a beastlord, I would like an AA that gives me an outdoor animal to ride, something impressive and not necessarily fast, like an elephant or mammoth.

Pipedreams?  Probably... but you asked.
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Bheran

LOL, how sweet would it be to ride a mamoth places?

I know I would like to be able to at least use my warder as an "eye of zomm" type feature sometime as well.  I hate having to keep those goofy gnome toys around all the time.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Tastian

Oh yeah and right up there with pet swarm for me, SCRM!!  Too much buffing as is, lots of shorter duration buffs.  It's been a few expansions I think beasts more than deserve to get this AA opened up to them now.

Ukator Iceblood

Pet swarm, more double attack or even triple attack, and greater magic crits would all be very good. Also give us some form of track. I might get that one before anything else.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Coprolith

More pet-enhancing AAs would be nice, as long as the cost for em isn't GoDly. We're paying far too much for our own AAs as it is. Take a skill like Combat Fury for instance. All the other melees pay 21 pts for CF3 and FotA3 and they're done. But for us those skills apply only to half our power, and we have to fork down another 15pts for Warder's Fury to get the same total benefit. All our offensive AAs should be mirrored for our pets and the cost for both cut in half so that the cost/benefit ratio is the same as for the other melee classes. (Defensive AAs should remain the same, because defense doesnt stack).
Our pet's have been neglected far too long. Only recently have we been able to enhance our pets with focus items and GoD AAs. But only a fraction of all BLs have access to tier2+ pet focus items, and the efficiency of the GoD AAs is awful because of the high cost.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Dummkopf

An aa that lets us raise 1hb/2hb/piercing to the same level as hand to hand would be nice, more double attack is a sure thing as well. We should get more pet aas, i would love a pet ac or avoidance/mitigation aa to get at least a bit tankability back for it, in GoD its useless for that.

Hastened Paragon and hastened mgb is another thing i would like to see. More dd/dot crits and enhanced healing aas would be nice as well. I dont think we should get track since neither of our parent classes have it, but i would really like to see a long reuse FD aa (which should fd the pet as well).

Mhordel

My thoughts...

Pet AAs I wish we had:

1)  Suspend Minion3 (Pet's weapons, Buffs saved ACROSS zones).

2)  Call of the Wild (Similar to Mage Monster Summoning, but summons a Animal type for that zone, comperable to what ever the status quo of pets are in OoW (level, etc)).

3)  Bestial Totem (Lowers Pets health by 400, increases our regen by 4-5)

4)  /Pet Protect (allows you to order your pet to protect another, example /Pet Protect Soandso (PC or NPC), pet follows and protects them just as it normally does us).

Other AAs I wish we had:

5)  Duelist (Enrage)

6)  Stonestance (improved PoSpirits)

I fully support all the other fine ideas here, these are listed just cause they are not mentioned yet =)
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Kherryn

Quote from: Mhordel4)  /Pet Protect (allows you to order your pet to protect another, example /Pet Protect Soandso (PC or NPC), pet follows and protects them just as it normally does us).

I love that idea!

Kylaz

A few ideas:
- Phoenix Warder: when warder is killed, two or more smaller versions appear that continue to attack the same target.
I do not think this would be overpowering, and it would give us a form of swarm pet. This can also be added to mages, perhaps going along a new "phoenix" (fire) pet.

- Ethereal Warder: this AA makes the pet etheral. In that state, the pet causes no Push when attacking mobs (maybe add some mitigation boost also)
This will allow us to use pets in situations when the raid (I think, wrongly) asks us to kill pets because of "Push".

- Fearless Warder,Resistant Warder: These kind of AA would make the pet immune to one kind of magic (but not us).
These AAs should of course be limited to a small amount of time, but could be useful when facing some weird effect, and may provide us a place in raids where this ability would be of use.
Of course, These AAs can be distributed among necros, mage & beastlords, so each class would have its unique use:

- Fire, Cold: Mage AA
 - Poison,Disease: Necro AA
 - Fear, Curse: Beastlord AA.

I like the idea of Pet Suspend III (with the new zone effects that happen every 5 mins, we cannot lose 2 mins buffing pets), Pet Protect. Many of the other ideas will help us increase our DPS, but I do not see them of much use in the raid settings, or in the traps we will find in the new zones.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Kraag_SH

Quote1) Suspend Minion3 (Pet's weapons, Buffs saved ACROSS zones).

2) Call of the Wild (Similar to Mage Monster Summoning, but summons a Animal type for that zone, comperable to what ever the status quo of pets are in OoW (level, etc)).

3) Bestial Totem (Lowers Pets health by 400, increases our regen by 4-5)

4) /Pet Protect (allows you to order your pet to protect another, example /Pet Protect Soandso (PC or NPC), pet follows and protects them just as it normally does us).

Other AAs I wish we had:

5) Duelist (Enrage)

6) Stonestance (improved PoSpirits)

Suspend Minion 3 would be great: suspending pets accross zones would be really nice. Actually, if I remember well, bst pets didn't die in zoning at Luclin release, so making it possible again through an AA would be nice.

Call of the Wild: I would like to see something like an animal pack personnally.

Bestial totem: I love this idea. Maybe could do it as a pet DoT and bst regen instead of pet DD.

Pet protect: hehe! I've been wanting this for a VERY long time now :roll: It would be so nice :)

- Phoenix Warder: when warder is killed, two or more smaller versions appear that continue to attack the same target.
I do not think this would be overpowering, and it would give us a form of swarm pet. This can also be added to mages, perhaps going along a new "phoenix" (fire) pet.

- Ethereal Warder: this AA makes the pet etheral. In that state, the pet causes no Push when attacking mobs (maybe add some mitigation boost also)
This will allow us to use pets in situations when the raid (I think, wrongly) asks us to kill pets because of "Push".

- Fearless Warder,Resistant Warder: These kind of AA would make the pet immune to one kind of magic (but not us).
These AAs should of course be limited to a small amount of time, but could be useful when facing some weird effect, and may provide us a place in raids where this ability would be of use.
Of course, These AAs can be distributed among necros, mage & beastlords, so each class would have its unique use:

I think the Phoenix Warder idea is very nice.
Temp immunities could be nice, too.
However I'm not a big fan of Ethereal personnally.

Maybe an AA allowing us to track would be nice, too.
I never understand why the beastlords never got track. *shrugs*

Evandar

An AA (or just make it so for all pet classes) that makes the pet see invis (i.e. dont poof when master invis). Main reason for this: Bard who dont think and plays inviss song when pulling. :P

SCFM (More crits! )
SCRM (I think thats the name. :P Makes buffs last even longer anyway.) Illusion Warder AA (gives some atk and sow speed)
Shrink pet AA (costs 1 AA, insta cast, casts Tiny Companion)
Summon Companion AA (also 1 AA, insta cast summon companion)
4-5 more levels of BF
Hastend MGB (dont sound to unreasonable)
Spiriit of Hobble (step 2, makes it stack with current proc)

Spells:

66 - Group shrink, Spirit of soandso (new pet), Abolish Poison, Levi (without batwing)
67 - 900ish heal, Remove Curse, Group Kraggs, Group Regen
68 - Nuke (without recast time 800ish dmg), Pet proc (prismatic or chromatic resist), Fixed 10 mins invis  
69 - SV upgrade, new pet heal, pet heal over time, Group Haste
70 - Group Fero (costs DoTs, not MGB'able), New SD (11/tick mabey?), Slow (same as we have but with neg30 resist), Protection of Calliav upgrade (Like 5 hits?), Ancient Fero (Group but without DoT cost and not MGb'able).

Can dream can't I? :P
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Sethos

AA's:
-Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery

- An AA that gives one possibly two more weaponskills we could get to 250, possibly 1hb and 2hb.

Spells:

- Group Ferocity
- Group Shrink ( what is the harm in giving us this?)
- Spritual ? (upgrade to SD)
- Slow (either disease based or a magic based slow with a small negative resist)

Disciplines

- Weaponshield
- Upgrade to Protective
Elder Sethos
65 Beastlord of Prexus
Magelo: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=877435