Main Menu

OoW AA's?

Started by Bheran, May 18, 2004, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xilbeast

Quote1) Suspend Minion3 (Pet's weapons, Buffs saved ACROSS zones).

if were going to dream, could we dream of a suspend minion that keeps our pets shrunk after they come back to life?

Pojodan

IMHO, our warders really, truely, ought to zone with us and remain buffed/weaponed.  It just makes sence from a class standpoint since they are our companions, they travel with us everywhere.  Necros and Mages summon elementals/skeles from another plane/death and force them to work for them for a time.. it makes sence that they'd have to get new ones everytime they travel a great distance (Say, from North to South Freeport)

My understanding is that it's a database issue in that the coding only allows for the character to cross zones with just the info about what they have on and their buffs (This was related to the old issue of losing all buffs when zoning at near death).. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of re-doing the coding just to benefit one class.

But, hey, one can dream  :P

Skog

Quote from: PojodanI doubt they'd go through the trouble of re-doing the coding just to benefit one class.

But seeing as every other pet class wants it I foresee them doing it via an AA (ala pet hold) because they love to fix broken gameplay issues with AAs.

Taislir

Summon minion3 would be good, also either a AA that raises 1hb/2hb/piercing to same lv as h2h or they raise as we lv.

Track aa which would be usefull,not overpowerering and completely fitting in with our class bio.

Personally would like whatever we get to be useful,no eyecandy and nothing costing about 20 aa's
Taislir Brakmaw
Feral Lord of The Rathe.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=673399

DocMoriarty

I am fine with anything that seriously improves dps or damage avoidance or mitigation.

Our high level pets rampage when down to 10%. A new AA could improve this by switching rampage on at 15, 20, 30% hp left. I mean who seriously lets his warder get down to 10% fighting appropriate mobs for the level ? (i might do this fighting spiderlings at Freeport West, but it takes more spiderlings than there are spawned to get my warder down to 90%).

Orkotan

While I'm not really into the high end AAs but, this is my two cents .

Pet Consume

Kills the pet but we gain all the pets powers/HP/Buff for a short time.

Lycanthropy ( Surprised that no one has mentioned this )

The Beastlord becomes a Humanoid version of his pet....with a stat increase of sorts..

Ogers....the Tundra Bears in GD

Barbs....The werewolves from the MMC LDoN

Trolls....?

Iksar...?

Val Shar...?

No really well thought out...but just my thoughts

Rainor Wolfheart

Lycanthropy would be sorta like the Bestial Alignment AA we get (Illusion :warder race, 50/75/100% dmg increase, 20% spell resistance {I think this means you resist 20% of all spells before a resist check is made or if you fail a resist check a second one is made vs the 20% thing})

Added, I think EQ lore has it more of the druids and rangers having the skill of lycanthropy (Lycanthropic staff or something like that is usable by rangers or druids.)  :roll:
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Orkotan

Had to admit that I did forget about  Bestial Alignment and the illusion :( .  Also that would mean that they would have to increase the global file again for the models. So that is not going to really happen....

I just thought it would be a cool idea...

Tzuka

I would buy OoW for the pet suspend 3 alone! Remaking my pet in every zone is a chore..

Tenany-Xegony

i want to see an aa with 5 lvls... each lvl adds 20 attack, and 2points of haste. Each lvl will cost 5AA and go up as so... maybe 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10?
that would be an amazing AA. Even the BST with around 2500 or so attack raid buffed would like another 100 attack and 10% haste? Or even 1% haste to add 5%.

Soriis

Since 2 handed weapons are so popular, instead of raising our other melee skills through AA, I have a different idea. How about 2 Handed Martial weapons. There's already H2H weapons that look like blunts, like the Shinai from Time. Take some of the monk/bst only 2 handed staves and change them to hand to hand skill.

As for AA's:

Allow 2 proc's to be imbued to the pet. Great for using with pet snare.

Since we have Warder's Fury, a good continuation of that would be Warder's Avoidance, Warder's Stability, and Warder's Durability.

An AA to allow us to imbue ourselves with warder procs. Doesnt have to be the big stuff; Sub60 proc's would probably work fine. Would help with aggro control and add some dps to us.

Tastian

My pet tanks for crap as it is.  Even on slowed mobs, even with armor on.  I ran some tests just having my pet killing HoH guardians and it was painful to watch (and do).  Mages got pet defensive AAs because their pets tank for them, as a beastlord I tank for my pet ~95% of the time.  Occasionally he'll OT something trivial, but very seldom.  Even if the pet tanked slightly better it's still not worth the lost damage from me melee'n.  

What I want to see out of OoW are hybrid AA's that make sense (especially for beastlords).  The inflated costs of certain AAs are silly and the fact that beastlords pay just as much for certain AAs as other classes yet get 1/2 to 1/4th the return is silly.  Beastial frenzy was a step in the right direction.  It was cheap, it gave a good % return to melee, but overall it didn't do that much.  Paying the same 12 AA for SCF3 that a wizard does to get almost a 7% boost to damage verse the maybe 1% boost a beastlord get's, who then turns around and spends 9 AA for ambi and get's less of an overall boost as a monk and then turns around and buys all his pet AAs is silly.  I've said it before and I'll say it again I've spent more AA than some classes can.  Hybrids overall and especially beastlords simply don't get the same return on AA as some other classes.  Due to this there need to be specific hybrids only (beastlord only) AAs like bestial frenzy and others along those lines that give a better return for what they do (BF for melee dmg maybe another for spell damage and some for pet damage), but overall simply don't give as much of a boost because of how our damage is divided up.  Mind you I don't want better AAs or more of a return, but I don't want to keep having to grind out 100+ AAs per expansion just to get the same return some other classes get from 30.  

Oh yeah and SCRM, FoM, Pet swarm and maybe pet mount AA (pity the iksars!).

Kebrarn

What I would like to see is an AA that passes some of the benefits of our offensive/defensive AA upgrades onto our pet.  We like other hybrids suffer from AA's only being a partial benefit, but ours is to a much worse degree because of our warders.  We buy ambidex or and only get half the benefit of a monk.  

Why not pass that ability onto the warder somehow.  Would make our AA's worth as much as other classes and give a decent upgrade
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Garl

I would like to see a few new AA's...

Clone Warder - (Requires Suspend Minion 2 (or 3 if they figure out how to make it zone) When activated, your current pet including all buffs and items is cloned into suspension.

Warder Control - When activated, a targeting circle appears on the ground around your cursor, clicking on the ground will send your warder to that location. (OR) Allows the pet to be summoned a short distance to your location even when the pet is fighting a mob.

Call of The Beasts - (Swarm Pet AA) Similar damage/duration as Shaman Swarm Pets, but summons each type of Beastlord Warder. So when the AA was maxed, you'd have a Gator, Tiger, Wolf, Scaled Wolf, and Bear.

...and some old AA's passed along to us.

Spell Reinforcement Mastery - 50% innate extended buffs.

Ferocity - Improved Double Attack.
Garl
70 Beastlord
Ayonae Ro

Rhaynne

QuoteTrack aa which would be usefull,not overpowerering and completely fitting in with our class bio.

That horse was beaten dead long ago.  It doesn't fit with the lore of the class and we have enough bitching from the shaman and monk communities as it is, I'd prefer not to start hearing it from rangers, druids and bards too.

QuoteCall of The Beasts - (Swarm Pet AA)

Pet swarm also does not fit with class lore, nor does any kind of alternate pet summons.  We are not "masters of beasts".  We are the companions of a single bonded creature.  We don't summon our pets like the other classes from a lore perspective - we simply have a companion with us.

AA I would like to see:

An AA to raise the cap of Piercing, 1hb and 2hb to our hth cap.

Increased double attack

Spell Reinforcement Mastery

Fury of Magic Mastery

Additional pet enhancement AA

Suspended Minion carrying the pet accross zones would be great.