Main Menu

OoW AA's?

Started by Bheran, May 18, 2004, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakarr

My priority would be general pet power / pet related AAs. I agree with Coprolith's general take on that.

I like the /pet protect idea
Also like the pet obedience idea

Some form of longer lasting pet illusion for myself ( not necessarily with a huge stat upgrade ) would be something I'd definitely buy if available

If it was possible to intoduce the ability to take the pet across zones, even if it required it to be suspended, and to keep its buffs, that would be amazing. Such a boon in LDoN. No more 'one moment for me to get my pet up...' followed by the group starting fighting anyway and juggling pet summoning, shrinking, slowing and pet buffing all at once :D

Oh what the heck, while I'm dreaming... why not :) I'd definitely buy an AA that let me summon some sort of warder related mount, like some spirit cat thing in the case of the Vah Shir. I'm doubtful that one would happen, but it's a thought.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

Vidyne

Call of The Beasts - (Swarm Pet AA)
- hrm... dont really want swarm pets... But, imagine if pet shrink still isnt fixed and this goes live.  Can you imagine 3, 4, even 5 tigers coming out on a raid.... now can you imagine 3-4 beastlords each with this AA?
Your guildies will freak,   OMG SHRINK DA KITTIES/WOLVES!
Wolves as well....   Gators, People will think Trolls dont get this AA :P

yes I love to see dozens of pets just tear through a mob just as much as the next person, but....  on raids, its just not,... I dunno

"AA that makes pets affected by our AA Innates(Run5, Regen5, Resists etc) "
Am afraid it would make the warder so strong that it would have to cost 30aa, or be nerfed and removed quickly.

I would like to see our pets travel across zones again if possible.
I would like to see pet shrink fixed.
I would like to see our other melee raised to 250.
I would like to see a shorter paragon maybe
Longer buffs via SCRM,

Id also like to see a longer fero... maybe 10min maybe?

Liga

Even at 30% extended buffs, a 10 min fero would come out to 13 mins.  At a 2 min refresh time, that would allow for 6 people to have fero on from just one beastlord.  In essence, that would be a group fero with a long recast.  We know thats not going to happen.

Tastian

"Even at 30% extended buffs, a 10 min fero would come out to 13 mins. At a 2 min refresh time, that would allow for 6 people to have fero on from just one beastlord. In essence, that would be a group fero with a long recast. We know thats not going to happen."

Uhhh, why not?  There is already a fero upgrade listed for OoW spells, even if it's the exact same duration/recast I'll now be able to keep fero(ish) on 8 people instead of 4 (assuming I have the mana).  As it is I already run savagery at times too.  I've yet to see them dead set againist a group fero and I think one of the biggest concerns with a "group" fero is the MGB aspect of it.  Simply by giving us another fero spell though they are raising the number of people we can keep the buff on.

Choppin

*Pet Affinity - level 2:

Warder shares all AA abilities of the owner.  Think I'd pay another 20 AA for that one.
permanent

*Share Health with Pet:
3 levels:
1st: 4k worth of damage gets split between owner and warder (so each 2k)
2nd: 8k
3rd: 12k
reuse: 10 minutes

*Group Frenzy, reuse 30 min

*SCRM for good measure

*Infest weapons:
imbues weapons with 200 dmg disease based proc (neg 50 resist mod)

*improved hobble:
stronger snare, longer duration and 150 dmg hard to resist disease DD

*Call of the warder:
3 levels. calls 3 / 5 / 7 mini warders for 30 secs, reuse 30 min

*Brother of Nature:
Beastlord can do a pact with a druid and absorb 20 pct dmg of all damage they take. reuse: instant, duration: unlimited

:)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

bham

QuoteBrother of Nature:
Beastlord can do a pact with a druid and absorb 20 pct dmg of all damage they take. reuse: instant, duration: unlimited

Traitor of Nature: Once you have used Brother of Nature to take some damage for a druid, use this AA to make the druid absord 100% of the damage you take.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

a_moss_snake_001

Hobble of Spirits 2

Same duration, same snare %. STACKS WITH RELLIC.

Thats all I ask for.

Rhaynne

Quote*Brother of Nature:

????

QuoteHobble of Spirits 2

Same duration, same snare %. STACKS WITH RELLIC.

That should be Hobble 1.

Choppin

maybe brotehr of spirits then and replace druid with shm lol, rangers may have the brother of nature and get to take dmg for a druid )

anyways I just notice druids / shms getting a pounding rather often and would love something to be done for em that involves other classes thus my idea of the "brother of soundso" perma shielding
--

I am also searching an idea on how to share my mana with others in a  new way, cause how it is I sit on 90 pct mana most of the time with no use at all.. (the same is true for most hybrids cept maybe paladin and the not so hybrid bard -- so they d need similar)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

"I am also searching an idea on how to share my mana with others in a new way, cause how it is I sit on 90 pct mana most of the time with no use at all.."

I think the new OoW spells will more than cover mana useage.  The new nukes are great and can run a couple of them easy.  New fero, and can run old fero too.  As it is some raids I have fero on 4 people and sav on 4 more lol.  Now if our heal got boosted to a reasonable level I'd be using mana constantly.

seamusmc

AA:
I'd like to see an Improved Paragon AA line. 2 or 3 AA's to increase the mana/hp regen of this ability, its duration and its recast. With today's mana pools this pre PoP ability is out-of-date and needs to be improved.

Spells:
Spiritual Dominion. I see on Lucy that we will get an upgrade to this class defining spell. Unfortunately at this time its an underwhelming upgrade. SD provides 9 mana a tick, while the upgrade provides 10 mana a tick. Considering today's mana pools 12 mana a tick would not be out of line.  I would not mind seeing a small atk modifier added to this line as well as some hp.

Ferocity. I have a love/hate relationship with this spell. According to Lucy we get two upgrades to this spell. The final upgrades costs 750 mana for 6.5 mins and has a 2 min recast. This spell line could really boost a beastlord's value on raids if the mana cost was reduced to 500 for 12 mins and a strike-thru modifier added to it.

I Fero two people on raids, myself and a rogue or ranger. I refuse to become a Fero bitch. Keeping those two up and using Trushar's Frost and Frost Spear keep up a good demand on my mana, usually at 50 percent or less, and I'm closing in on 6k mana. Doesn't Savagery still cost a dot? I don't farm much cash, keep in mind QVIC armour costs 10k, and I'm sure my guild won't reimburse me for a spell that lasts all of 6 mins. If Savagery didn't have the dot cost I'd probably start using it in addition to Fero. Bottom line though, my guild's dps is insane and Fero provides very little.

Please keep in mind that only top beastlords have 5k+ mana.

Tastian

"Spiritual Dominion. I see on Lucy that we will get an upgrade to this class defining spell. Unfortunately at this time its an underwhelming upgrade. SD provides 9 mana a tick, while the upgrade provides 10 mana a tick. Considering today's mana pools 12 mana a tick would not be out of line. I would not mind seeing a small atk modifier added to this line as well as some hp. "

Upgrade should be 11. Line went 3, 5, 7, 9...10 lol.  Also I don't want to see +atk added to this for stacking reasons.  We already get several attack buffs, if they want us to buff more attack than add it to those spells.

"I Fero two people on raids, myself and a rogue or ranger. I refuse to become a Fero bitch. Keeping those two up and using Trushar's Frost and Frost Spear keep up a good demand on my mana"

No offense, but why are you fero'n yourself and then talking about mana efficency and damage?  hehe

"Bottom line though, my guild's dps is insane and Fero provides very little."

If your guild's dps is that good then you tossing a frost spear isn't doing a lot either.  Fero in most cases is more mana efficent damage than our nukes.  

" Doesn't Savagery still cost a dot? I don't farm much cash, keep in mind QVIC armour costs 10k, and I'm sure my guild won't reimburse me for a spell that lasts all of 6 mins. If Savagery didn't have the dot cost I'd probably start using it in addition to Fero. "

Yeah savagery does, but it's 10pp a cast and can make a decent differance if you are down some dps people or bard is LD and resists aren't max, etc.  I don't run it full time, but I always have dots on me if I feel that it's needed.  Also you mention you only fero 2 people.  With AA/focus you can keep fero on 4 people.  No need to start using savagery if you aren't even using fero on everyone that you can.

"Please keep in mind that only top beastlords have 5k+ mana."

Over the course of a raid session base mana pool doesn't matter that much.  Mana regen is the key along with effects that lower mana cost and increase spell duration.  Over a 2 hour period of time a 6k mana pool is only ~FT5 hehe and that's if you go from FM to OOM.

seamusmc

Quote from: Tastian"Spiritual Dominion. I see on Lucy that we will get an upgrade to this class defining spell. Unfortunately at this time its an underwhelming upgrade. SD provides 9 mana a tick, while the upgrade provides 10 mana a tick. Considering today's mana pools 12 mana a tick would not be out of line. I would not mind seeing a small atk modifier added to this line as well as some hp. "

Upgrade should be 11. Line went 3, 5, 7, 9...10 lol.  Also I don't want to see +atk added to this for stacking reasons.  We already get several attack buffs, if they want us to buff more attack than add it to those spells.

"I Fero two people on raids, myself and a rogue or ranger. I refuse to become a Fero bitch. Keeping those two up and using Trushar's Frost and Frost Spear keep up a good demand on my mana"

No offense, but why are you fero'n yourself and then talking about mana efficency and damage?  hehe

"Bottom line though, my guild's dps is insane and Fero provides very little."

If your guild's dps is that good then you tossing a frost spear isn't doing a lot either.  Fero in most cases is more mana efficent damage than our nukes.  

" Doesn't Savagery still cost a dot? I don't farm much cash, keep in mind QVIC armour costs 10k, and I'm sure my guild won't reimburse me for a spell that lasts all of 6 mins. If Savagery didn't have the dot cost I'd probably start using it in addition to Fero. "

Yeah savagery does, but it's 10pp a cast and can make a decent differance if you are down some dps people or bard is LD and resists aren't max, etc.  I don't run it full time, but I always have dots on me if I feel that it's needed.  Also you mention you only fero 2 people.  With AA/focus you can keep fero on 4 people.  No need to start using savagery if you aren't even using fero on everyone that you can.

"Please keep in mind that only top beastlords have 5k+ mana."

Over the course of a raid session base mana pool doesn't matter that much.  Mana regen is the key along with effects that lower mana cost and increase spell duration.  Over a 2 hour period of time a 6k mana pool is only ~FT5 hehe and that's if you go from FM to OOM.

I use Fero for its resists and the fact it helps _my_ dps. I'd rather participate in melee and nuke then keep track of a stopwatch in order to keep Fero on 4 people. I would be OOM if I tried anyway and I'm close to the FT cap, again something only the top Beastlords achieve. If I wanted to be a buff bot I would have chosen to play a shaman. I can tell you, many beastlords I know resent this spell in its current form.

Do you have numbers showing Fero is more efficient then our nukes? ATK has diminishing returns and all the rogues and rangers in my guild surpassed the ATK cap ages ago. Consider that melee are constantly OOR, nukes are OOR much more rarely. You will have a tough sell to convince me Fero provides more benefit, _not_ efficiency, then the Trushar Frost and Frost Spear combo, especially with focus items which can be summoned. With an E'Ci item our nukes provide some very nice damage. Killing raid mobs is about dps, not efficiency.

Another point, much of the time fero is on a melee it is doing nothing. Why? because there is a good portion of time spent doing nothing on a raid. If I were to keep Fero on 4 people I would have to chain cast it in order to keep it up on more then one person because of its 2 min recast. If you want to talk efficiency this alone makes Fero a crap investment. There are times when the 600 mana cast provides 0 benefit because the guild has paused for 6 mins to rez and med.

This isn't to say I won't try to take advantage of it more. I could prolly keep it up on two people as well as myself. They'll have to keep me informed when it drops though, and I'm sure they won't do it in a timely fashion screwing themselves out of a round of Fero. Hmm, maybe I could make a macro to remind me when to cast the damn thing. Anyone know what the value of the /pause command is? Milliseconds?

I disagree on base mana pool having little meaning. Mana efficiency is for theory. The truth is, you come up to the Golem in the Barxt event and Barxt and you will use 6k mana nuking, dot'ing, healing and keeping your pet up. Mana pool is still a contributing factor for end game MOBs. In many encounters the guild will get mana to full before proceeding. I never mentioned efficiency, I hate not having mana to help burn mobs down.

Frankly, beastlords contribute very little to raids in the high end. Guess that goes for most classes. A top end guild can easily do without Beastlords, Mages, Bezerkers, and Knights. Beastlords are in these guilds, and I've been in 3 on two different servers, for SD. Given that, I still enjoy myself and play to have fun. Being a Fero bitch isn't my idea of fun.

Oneiromancer

Ooh, someone arguing with Tastian on issues that he's gone over in depth and with math and parses to back them up several times before!

*makes some popcorn and gets ready to watch some good action*

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

seamusmc

Quote from: OneiromancerOoh, someone arguing with Tastian on issues that he's gone over in depth and with math and parses to back them up several times before!

*makes some popcorn and gets ready to watch some good action*

Game on,

Where are they? I was a statistician in my youth :D The only discussion of Fero's 'efficiency' were under lab conditions. Raids are not under lab conditions. Its incredibly easy to shoot holes in parses because they ignore 'real world' factors.

Of course this is ultimately about fun. I hate being a fero bitch. I'd rather melee and nuke. If you want to talk about the contribution a Beastlord can make on a raid and efficiency I'd suggest replacing Beastlord with a Rogue or Ranger.