Main Menu

OoW AA's?

Started by Bheran, May 18, 2004, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garl

Quote from: UrimBeing a Fero-bitch is not fun and anyone whos says differently is .... well ..... has a messed up definition of fun. If buffing people is fun then they should reroll a shaman or enchanter to get all the fun they can handle :). I started out as a rogue and frankly would not be able to stand it if i wasn't playing a melee oriented class (which is what i feel beastlords are). But all the more power to you people who find enjoyment in buffing others, you definitely are unique and i won't knock anyone for the way they play their class. But i also don't think people should be telling other people how to play their class either and what to do with their mana and such.

I enjoy the challenge of keeping a 4 target fero chain going constantly during a raid as well as taking SD requests. I just see it as playing my class to it's fullest potential.
Garl
70 Beastlord
Ayonae Ro

Bengali

Here's an idea I thought of:

Sentry (3 levels):  A beastlord's warder becomes more protective of its master, and at higher levels will protect its master's allies.

Level 1:  warder will always /shield beastlord when beastlord's health drops to 60%.
Level 2:  increases range and duration of warder's /shield, gives access to command /pet shield <player> where warder will shield that player whenever that player drops to 60% health.
Level 3:  further increases range and duration of warder's /shield, gives access to command /pet shield group where warder will shield any group member (including the beastlord) that drops to 60%, (but will only shield one person at a time of course).

The warder will follow the normal rules on the reuse of shield, (I don't know if it's a set duration or based on level or what).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Liga

Seeing as how /shield is a Warrior command and our pets are said to be of the Warrior mold, I dont see why this would be unreasonable.

Shere Khaan

Well like many other people I would like to see limited upgrades for some archtype abilities.

1) ID/LR/ND etc

2) I would like to see upgraded dd crits.

3) More double ATK %

4) At least 1 pet aa. A general defensive aa that increases avoidance significantly, maybe a mixture of mitigation too. Also an aa that sees substantial increase in pet ATK as well.

5) Pet Afinity 2 that gives pet benefit from archetype aa's (CA,ND,CS,CF and SCF)

6) an increase to pet crit aa.

7) hastened Paragon.

Shere Khaan

Kjin

Quote from: kizhI'd like:

Pet Obedience: (Requires Pet hold)

Causes the pet to attack the mob you send it after and ONLY that mob.  Warder would resume its 'hold' state after the mob died or you backed it off.  Nothing I hate more than mashing pet hold & pet back off after every single mob on a raid!

This is primarily what I'd like to have. Pet hold is great, but in a lot of situations I don't have the control I need over my warder.

All the other ideas in Kizh's post are great, too, actually. I'd like an extension of current archetype and pop ability aa's that are actually functional, as opposed to stupid stuff like turning me into a giant tiger.
Kjin Stormheart
67 Beastlord
The Nameless

Bengali

Quote from: LigaSeeing as how /shield is a Warrior command and our pets are said to be of the Warrior mold, I dont see why this would be unreasonable.

/nod

And it seems like it would be something unique.   We only get one pet aa besides the generic ones that everyone gets, so I thought this would add some nice flavor.   Plus our pets are kinda bland sometimes (note, I'm not saying they are weak, I'm just saying they don't have any "cool tricks").
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Chackra

Quote from: CillianFV
Quote from: CaaliHow about an AA that sends a portion of the incoming damage (~30%) to our warders. Like the warrior's shield ability but clickable for about 30s with a timer fo say 10 mins or so. That along with PoS should give us a decent chance to survive more than 5s in GoD.
This idea interests me.  Our pets already have the innate ability to use the /shield command, the problem is that they rarely use it as we have no control over when they use it.  Perhaps they can add an AA along the lines of Pet Discipline that adds a new pet command, /pet shield me.  You could possibly even add a second level, /pet shield target.
For whatever it's worth, I'd like to chime in on this one too.  My understanding is that the pet's Shield ability does not reset after use.  So once we have the zoning pets, spontaneous pet Shield activations will be as rare as hen's teeth.

When BSTs were first announced, I always assumed that "fighting alongside the pet" would mean we could share damage, rather than me taking all the hits on my leather-covered skin.  What bugs me even more is in groups where the regenning (and expendable) pet leaves the fight with not a scratch and the PC's have gotten creamed.  It just seems like such a waste.

My guess is that Sony would have less heartburn with giving us some efficiency instead of raid-exploitable power.  I'd be happy having the pet take a random 3% (or whatever) of the hits per level of the skill, and just have the option toggled instead of on a timer.   Maybe just tie it in with the Pet Taunt command.  

Since (apparently) Sony can't figure out a way to make pet aggro work properly within melee range, I think this would be a convenient to use, (hopefully) simple to implement and non-exploitable way to help the pet carry its fair share of the burden while it's meleeing next to PC's.

EDIT:  That is, the pet would have a 3% (or whatever) chance of taking each hit - melee or spell - from the MOB that the pet is currently attacking.